Hot Stove: MLB Offseason Thread

Dexter Morgan

If the Rays can get a solid hitter in a trade like Eric Hosmer, Andrew McCutchen, or both, we could challenge the Angels or Tigers for the pennant.

LOL someone is desperately delusional.

You should see his posts in the college football threads.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Rays can get a solid hitter in a trade like Eric Hosmer, Andrew McCutchen, or both, we could challenge the Angels or Tigers for the pennant.

LOL someone is desperately delusional.

Yeah, the Tigers don't stand a chance against the Halos :P

In all seriousness, the AL's not even close to a 2-team race, and I don't think McCutchen or Hosmer will be traded.

The Halos might want to try to be the best team in their division first.... but I don't see that happening for a while. :)

In all honesty, I was referring to the idea that Friedman can just call up the Pirates or the Royals and demand their best young hitters.

Juan Pierre to the Phils...minor league deal

Ed Wade wanted this guy so bad 9 years ago and drafted guys like Michael Bourn and Javon Moran in an attempt to recreate his awesomeness, and now that he's back with the organization, Amaro got him the real thing... :P

we got rid of Ozzie, that's an improvement......

A large improvement in clubhouse attitude alone. Also, it is much more likely Adam Dunn and Alex Rios hit closer to at least their previous career lows than reproduce their 2011 (Dunn's OPS was 250 below and Rios' was 78 points below their previous career lows). I'm not saying the Sox are going to win the division, but not having someone put up the worst statistical season of all time (along with a manager playing him every day to spite the GM) will go a long way.

Clubhouse attitude will improve and this is a big IF, if Dunn hits at all and Rios... oh hell we all know Rios is Dunn... I mean done. If those two can get off their collective butts and do anything, the Sox might have a chance to finish 4th. If you think Ozzie was so bad and the clubhouse moral was so bad, just wait until this year when you have a rookie manager and a bad team with really questionable pitching and one legitimate offensive player in Konerko. So clubhouse moral will really improve this year with this last place team.

I don't know about the uniforms but I like the stadium. Its not Camden Yards or Fenway Park, but I wouldn't want it to be either. Need some more variety in stadiums. I think we've slipped back into the sameness trend that these retro parks were supposed to end. Too many teams using steel and brick IMO.

I just wish they would have been a little more creative with the seat colors. I don't like it when teams have all the same color seats. Some teams like the Cardinals, Yankees and Royals it works for, but I like the multi color designs. Very few have them though. For a team that uses as many colors as the Marlins have with their new logo I don't think it would have been a bad idea.

I also love the looks of Marlins Park. I really want to go to a game there. But it doesn't look like is seats that many people, from the looks of those pictures. What's the seating capacity?

Around 37K although the official number won't be released until the park opens.

It will be the smallest ballpark in the majors in terms of total seating capacity once it opens.

I also love the looks of Marlins Park. I really want to go to a game there. But it doesn't look like is seats that many people, from the looks of those pictures. What's the seating capacity?

Still too much for Miami.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Stadium actually looks pretty decent. I'd like to see it with the roof open as well, because right now it almost seems like it's a stadium inside a building. It almost seems like there's the stadium itself, some space, and the walls of the warehouse. The big, round, white columns also aren't doing anything for me in that regard.

And that centerfield hood ornament is absolutely atrocious. Truly awful.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Stadium actually looks pretty decent. I'd like to see it with the roof open as well, because right now it almost seems like it's a stadium inside a building. It almost seems like there's the stadium itself, some space, and the walls of the warehouse. The big, round, white columns also aren't doing anything for me in that regard.

And that centerfield hood ornament is absolutely atrocious. Truly awful.

This is pretty weird, but that's actually something I like about it.

It will be the smallest ballpark in the majors in terms of total seating capacity once it opens.

Officially, the Trop still seats fewer than that.

And still has about 60% empty seats when it's anyone not from Boston or New York in town.

spacer.png

Officially, the Trop still seats fewer than that.

And still has about 60% empty seats when it's anyone not from Boston or New York in town.

That's only because they tarp some of the seats.

The Trop can seat over 40K without the tarp.

Officially I think Oakland is the smallest in baseball at around 32,000, although that stadium can obviously seat alot more.

Archived