2012 NBA All-Star Game Logo

uk-owns-iu

Here's the image for those not clicking the link:

allstarlogo_300_101111.jpg

Not bad, wish they would have used a different typestyle not similar to last years. It seems like every few years they unveil a fantastic logo, and then they get lazy and boring a few years, only to start the cycle over again. This year is one of the lazy ones...

The only thing I think he may be referring to is that the images were taken from the CCSLC Main Site, hosting on NBA.com and posted on their site. That's the only thing I can think he may be referring to. Technically, there is no "theft" involved, considering its the NBA's property to begin with.

The only thing I think he may be referring to is that the images were taken from the Main Site, hosting on NBA.com and posted on their site. That's the only thing I can think he may be referring to. Technically, there is no "theft" involved, considering its the NBA's property to begin with.

Alright, thanks.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

What a surprise, they're all taken from this site again, without credit. Stay classy, NBA...

What? I got credit... don't you see that extremely tiny, silver SportsLogos.Net logo on most of the thumbnails? :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

It seems like every few years they unveil a fantastic logo, and then they get lazy and boring a few years, only to start the cycle over again....

It happened with the NFL, it happened with hockey, it even happened in the MLS. I think only baseball now has creative logo designers of the major sports leagues out there. Ironic since a generation ago, it was MLB who were making one-stop bland logos while other leagues actually put efforts into theirs (like the 1990s Super Bowl logos).

The only thing I think he may be referring to is that the images were taken from the CCSLC Main Site, hosting on NBA.com and posted on their site. That's the only thing I can think he may be referring to. Technically, there is no "theft" involved, considering its the NBA's property to begin with.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Should have been clearer in my original post...

allstarlogo_300_101111.jpg

NBA-All-Star-2011-logo.jpg

Yeah. Looking at these two, the fonts "S" in star is virtually the same and that's pretty much it, but the background design is could not be more different. Kinda like the baseball route w/ Completely unlike the WS logos of 2002-2003 and 2005 thru 2007.

FTFY

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It happened with the NFL, it happened with hockey, it even happened in the MLS. I think only baseball now has creative logo designers of the major sports leagues out there. Ironic since a generation ago, it was MLB who were making one-stop bland logos while other leagues actually put efforts into theirs (like the 1990s Super Bowl logos).

it has nothing to do with "creative logo designers", the client/owner has the final say.

i.e. the miami marlins

Archived