New UNC Sublimated Designs

Bravo96

I really like what nikes doing with the sublimated designs....its nothing crazy but they come up with some good stuff...ive seen worse

Carolina has such a classic look though. Why screw it up?

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

I really like what nikes doing with the sublimated designs....its nothing crazy but they come up with some good stuff...ive seen worse

Carolina has such a classic look though. Why screw it up?

Its not like they are getting rid of the argyle and changing the colors to Red, Navy, and Silver. 90% of the uniform is going to be a the classic design, while 10% is going to be a little updating for style. By no means is it an eyesore. They sublimated design just adds a little extra detail on close up shots.

Sure its not the same strict uniform you're used to... but its not like what Nike did to Oregon and add 3 colors (highlighter, black, silver) AND a pattern (carbon fiber). Like I said, it would be one thing if the uniform was white, and the design was in blue... or the light blue uniform had a navy blue design... but its very subtle and SUBLIMATED.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The problem is Nike has fused two of their good designs, Hyperdunk and Elite, into this monstrosity, which they call "HyperElite." Good basketball schools get them. We are an excellent basketball school. I find myself wishing we weren't.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. These ugly jerseys will still be worn by Barnes, Henson, Zeller, McAdoo, and Marshall, which will make them look much, MUCH better.

Leave it to Nike to develop "subtle garishness."

I shudder to think what UnderArmour will do to Maryland's uniform set. The Terps always looked good under Gary, even though he banned players from wearing pretty much anything aside from the jersey, shorts, socks and shoes.

The problem is Nike has fused two of their good designs, Hyperdunk and Elite, into this monstrosity, which they call "HyperElite." Good basketball schools get them. We are an excellent basketball school. I find myself wishing we weren't.

Schools that Nike deems as marketable will be approached by the company and offered the opportunity for updated designs. It's up to the AD's and the coaches to accept. I've been told VCU will have a set in 2012-13 because their young coach and exciting style of play make us a great platform to showcase the brand.

I also heard George Mason had the opportunity to go to Nike Elite in 2007-08 but Jim Larranaga wanted to keep the uniforms conservative and traditional.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. These ugly jerseys will still be worn by Barnes, Henson, Zeller, McAdoo, and Marshall, which will make them look much, MUCH better.

Very true. But this is about aesthetics, not athletics. ;)

Seriously, though, what do you think about Leslie MacDonald's injury? The dude was ready to come out of the gates on fire this year, and that happened. <_<

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Not to ignite a flame war, but didn't Duke already do this? And didn't Duke fans (myself included) HATE IT?!? Why would UNC do this, seeing how badly received it was just down the road.

Nike-Logo.jpg

Touche.

Off topic, but even as a Duke fan, I've always loved the UNC argyle.

spacer.png

Seriously, though, what do you think about Leslie MacDonald's injury? The dude was ready to come out of the gates on fire this year, and that happened. <_<

They will survive without him.

USC, however, will not survive without Jio Fontain. Be thankful your team has depth.

Not to ignite a flame war, but didn't Duke already do this? And didn't Duke fans (myself included) HATE IT?!? Why would UNC do this, seeing how badly received it was just down the road.

Nike-Logo.jpg

Touche.

Off topic, but even as a Duke fan, I've always loved the UNC argyle.

Um, as a Duke alum, I can tell you that you CANNOT be a Duke fan and love UNC's argyle.

Actually, UNC has changed the argyle on our uniforms slightly. They now have four blue diamonds on the shorts where they used to only have three.

As for the Helms championship, UNC already set a precedent by hanging a banner for it beside the banners for our five NCAA titles. I like to tell people that we have 5 1/2 titles.

The four diamonds were actually added before the 08-09 season when they went back to the v-neck after wearing the SOD jerseys in 07-08 - the pants got longer.

You can tell people what you want about the retroactive bread factory trophy, but you have five titles.

Um, as a Duke alum, I can tell you that you CANNOT be a Duke fan and love UNC's argyle.

I love it as an aesthetic element to a great uniform. Duke/UNC is one of the best looking rivalries in college basketball, at least in my opinion.

That being said, I hate UNC sports with a burning passion. I just think the uniforms are nice (though vastly inferior to Duke's).

spacer.png

Archived