2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs Predictions

Lebda4Norris

As we all know, the Toronto Maple Leafs are off to a great year. So I thought it would be interesting to predict their placing as well as individual statistics. Let's start off with what we have so far. OPF = on pace for.

Reimer OPF 41 Shutouts

Kessel OPF 205 points

Phaneuf OPF Plus -162

Komisarek OPF 492 hits

Liles OPF 574 blocked shots

Leafs OPF 82-0

Okay, we all know these won't happen. The question is how much will they drop off. Though it would be unreasonable to put Reimer at 42 SOs, it would also be unreasonable to put him below 16, due to his exceptional yet improving play. Phil Kessel won't be approaching Gretzky's best point totals, but he will be most likely finish in the 100-120 range for points. I think it's safe to say Phaneuf will be plus -20, and that Komisarek will be near the top with 200-250 hits, depending on his ice time. Liles is a good bet for around 200 blocked shots, IMO.

I think the Toronto Maple Leafs will finish 55-27, and maybe drop down to about 45 wins if injuries happen to hurt them badly. Regardless, it has appeared that Toronto has emerged as a Stanley Cup contender, and this season will be exciting. Feel free to put you own predictions or comment on mine.

lebdasig.png

Lebda4Norris.png

And you'll always have your neat picture.
We'll make the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup.
So what if I'm post-padding? The world won't end.

Regardless, it has appeared that Toronto has emerged as a Stanley Cup contender, and this season will be exciting.

Seriously? At very best, you guys get the 8th slot, and that is if you guys get very lucky.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

TheTriumphofDeath.jpg
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm trying to figure out whether your second set of predictions was actually serious, or akin to your first set. I'm leaning towards the latter, judging by the 16 shutouts Reimer is supposedly going to put up.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

As we all know, the Toronto Maple Leafs are off to a great year. So I thought it would be interesting to predict their placing as well as individual statistics. Let's start off with what we have so far. OPF = on pace for.

Reimer OPF 41 Shutouts

Kessel OPF 205 points

Phaneuf OPF Plus -162

Komisarek OPF 492 hits

Liles OPF 574 blocked shots

Leafs OPF 82-0

Okay, we all know these won't happen. The question is how much will they drop off. Though it would be unreasonable to put Reimer at 42 SOs, it would also be unreasonable to put him below 16, due to his exceptional yet improving play. Phil Kessel won't be approaching Gretzky's best point totals, but he will be most likely finish in the 100-120 range for points. I think it's safe to say Phaneuf will be plus -20, and that Komisarek will be near the top with 200-250 hits, depending on his ice time. Liles is a good bet for around 200 blocked shots, IMO.

I think the Toronto Maple Leafs will finish 55-27, and maybe drop down to about 45 wins if injuries happen to hurt them badly. Regardless, it has appeared that Toronto has emerged as a Stanley Cup contender, and this season will be exciting. Feel free to put you own predictions or comment on mine.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

There's always one, where ever you go in the city.

Some people believe no matter how :censored:ty the Leafs are that they are cup contenders.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

There's always one, where ever you go in the city.

Some people believe no matter how :censored:ty the Leafs are that they are cup contenders.

But, what if they do win the Cup this year? Won't you all look stupid for writing them off?

:lol:

Okay, to get back on track here...

My generous prediction for the Leafs is a place.

I can logically see them between 8th and 10th.

It all depends on how Reimer holds up, if the MacArthur/Kulemin/Grabovski line can continue to produce, and if the special teams can step it up over last year.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

That's the best part about being a Leafs fan. You're never disappointed.

And never satisfied either.

That's how all my ex girlfriends describe me, lol!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

There's a thread for this? Really?

Well, I might as well play along. My prediction: 98% of the U.S will still not care about the Leafs. I know it's a bit bold, but I'm feelin' lucky.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived