Tim E. NHL series

TimEOBrien

That's a great Kings logo! Do you have a vector version of it? I'd love to have a copy for my personal archives.

However, I do wish they'd make purple and gold their home/road primaries, and relegate the black and silver to "third jersey" status. I think the NHL has too many black teams, while there are virtually no purple teams.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yzermanized Chicago:

Based on the wonderful idea and thread raysox started, I have created a Blackhawks set in only two colors, ala the new Tampa Bay Lightening identity, or - in other words - I've Yzermanize the 'Hawks.

I decided to hark back to the earliest sets of 'Hawks Unis but keep the modern Indian Head, add NOB and change the grammar on the circular logo to reflect the current one-word spelling of "Blackhawks".

LOGOS

HawksBWLogoSet_1.jpg

HOME

Hawks_REwH_Y_H_1.jpg

ROAD

Hawks_REwH_Y_R_1.jpg

Although, I did create this home and road variations.

Personally I'd make the centre circle of the complete logo white so that the face can be displayed properly. Having it inverted out of black just makes it harder to read in my opinion. Like viewing a negative compared to a positive photograph, sure you can tell they're people but recognising exactly who it is takes much longer than it does with a colour print. Same applies here. The Blackhawks logo is pretty intricate and reversing it out just makes it seem even more detailed. Finding a way to always keep it in it's positive form would help this immensely.

Other than that I really like it, and the whole series. Nice to see some simple executions rather than adding extra colours and details for a change.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Columbus:

I don't like the current logos the Stars Blue Jackets are currently throwing about. The Blue jackets need less stars.

Instead of stars, I use the hat from their current shoulder patches, and turn that into their crest, sans-star. The new shoulder patch is also their main logo, which is three Union infantry hockey players (based on this Union soldier). The red circles with white outlines are references to the Ohio state flag, which is otherwise absent from the uniform.

The home and road uniforms are a basic mashup of of the BJs original unis and their current ones. My third is a solid blue uni with sleeve designs evoking military garb of the Civil War era.

BlueJackets_Display_1.jpg

Christ, I can't even get C&C when I overhaul a teams' logos and significantly change their unis.

that third jersey is absolutely gorgeous. the home and road, i could take or leave.

but that third jersey is gorgeous.

With this in mind I decided to go more out there with the unis and base this set off the idea of the original third is now the home uni.

HOME | ROAD | THIRD

BlueJackets_Display_2.jpg

I definitely prefer the first set. The overhaul seems minor league. It's a great idea, but I don't think any NHL team would wear that.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I liked the first set more overall, but the H/A on the second set are more original. The 3rd on the second set though? No way Jose. No faux-button downs on a hockey jersey...

The thing that's bothering me, though, is that the logo you've created looks like 3 Japanese boys to me, and I think it's a weird source image to use either way. Why have youth soldiers as the face of your franchise? It just doesn't fit with a professional identity IMO. The fact that all three kids look the same is also bothersome.

The hat works alright as a primary, but I feel like it's a little too "bland" to be used that prominently on a uniform.

The thing that's bothering me, though, is that the logo you've created looks like 3 Japanese boys to me, and I think it's a weird source image to use either way. Why have youth soldiers as the face of your franchise? It just doesn't fit with a professional identity IMO. The fact that all three kids look the same is also bothersome.

It's not a youth soldier, it's a young soldier. TO me it was just a stoic image that, IMO, honored the greatness of the cause and the sacrifice paid by the Union soldiers the team name honors. Now, as for the Asians, I don't see it but the fact that they all look the same did occur to me as a possible flaw. A flaw I am trying to edit now.

OK, so is this better?

BJs_Logo_1a.jpg

The two players that are holding sticks are long-time Columbi Blue Jackets (can you guess who they are? Nash61, you're the BJs fan...). The Stick-less player remains the same as the original, as a tribute to the young men who lost their lives defending freedom and the Union.

Thoughts? Improvement? Still needs work?

The details are far too plentiful and minute for this to be an effective logo. How do you execute this in one color?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That's a great illustration. Not as great a logo. The hat isn't close to sufficient as a primary logo on a jersey.

I far prefer their current set. You need to make something iconic, not just a drawing of three soldiers just standing.

BJs_Logo_1a.jpg

The two players that are holding sticks are long-time Columbi Blue Jackets (can you guess who they are? Nash61, you're the BJs fan...).

Steve Mason and Rick Nash

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived