Tim E. NHL series

TimEOBrien

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Nordiques fan, even we're spending our 16th season teamless. And Frankly, I'd be angry if they came back and used your logo. Yes, the old logo may have seemed weird, but I love it. The home and away jerseys look great, and the third is an abomination.

That's all.

DEFUNCT TEAM SERIES

Hartford Whalers:

This is the first team in the Defunct Series which I didn't feel the need to edit their crest. I did edit the whale logo a bit and I considered moving the whale tail up a bit higher off of the W but decided against it.

The uniforms are fairly straightforward updates of classic Whaler unis, but it was hard to keep the bold striping patterns of the old team on the new edge cuts. I'm not thrilled with my third. I tried a gray alt but that looked forced and the blue alt - to me - starts to encroach A LOT on the Canucks' identity (though, they seem to have just stolen a lot of good design ideas from the Whalers). If you have any better ideas for a third, let me hear 'em.

Whalers_Display_1.jpg

I would rather see an updated 90s look for the Whalers.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

But there aren't seals in NY, there are in Cali Cali.

The Buffalo Zoo would beg to differ.

...you know what I meant...

Tim, no, your Nords set is not your best.

I like your Seals in fact, your stuff is usually great.

Your blue Whalers is awesome!

Any thoughts on whether or not this works as an alternate to my Nordiques crest?

ALSO: I updated my Nordiques third to have less white.

Nordiques_Logo_2.jpg

You know what? I really appreciate the effort. Is so easy to criticise etc...

I don't know, maybe I am wrong, but I don't feel hockey with this logo. I would suggest you to get back a bit to the original but with modifications like modern colors, dark blue, silver, red and black would be awesome I think. I'll try to work on something.

I don't like how the Whalers' home striping is consistent with their third, but not the away. I'd make the home and road the same, with the alt being different.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I would rather see an updated 90s look for the Whalers.

I'd rather see the '90s navy Whalers 100% unchanged. It is the most perfect hockey uniform ever created. Mind you, I'd love to see Pucky added to the shoulders!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I really like all of your sets. For the Seals, I like the first set better. The alt is really nice. Though I wonder how that color looks on the ice?

It would look a lot like this...

Seal_BROD_02.jpg

That's my least favorite Seals uni--I like how you kept my favorite ones for the home & away, but I'd do something else for the third.

maybe go back to their original unis with the splash of blue.

It wouldn't look too much like the Canucks, as it is still almost all green.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

DEFUNCT TEAM SERIES

Minnesota North Stars:

With the North Stars, the first thing I tried to do was fix their logo. To me, a team named the North Stars should have a logo that points north (up), not northeast-ish (up and to the right). After that, these home and road are actually pretty similar to my Dallas Stars set (with notable and significant differences), which makes sense since those were partially based on old North Stars unis, but I give these unis their own flare (like the arrow and star on the pants).

I love the Third jersey here, which is a fauxback, and even considered making the home and road based off of this pattern, but decided to go with the more modern feel for the regular unis.

NorthStars_Display_1.jpg

Ok, back to the NHL grind:

Calgary:

These unis are a combo of throwback and current designs. All the unis feature some black but the main striping patterns come from the era of the Flames singular Cup win.

Flames_Display_1.jpg

I love the Flames alot and the Stars. Also can you post a Flames jersey with the flaming C on the spot of where the captain C would be?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I love the Flames alot and the Stars. Also can you post a Flames jersey with the flaming C on the spot of where the captain C would be?

Yeah, that's the idea with the Atlanta A, the Calgary C would be on Iginla's uni. I'll mock one up for you on the home now.

Here ya are:

Flames_REwH_niginla_H_1.jpg

Archived