Tim E. NHL series

TimEOBrien

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa Bay:

The home and road unis are ALMOST unchanged. I remove black from the jersey numbers on both and change the pants to black to assuage fan requests for more black. I also removed "Tampa Bay" wordmark from the road uni.

For the third jersey, I changed the torso color to black but maintained blue on the sleeves and hem. I added the victory stripes, again because the fans love them, onto the sleeves and I added the "Tampa Bay" wordmark onto the chest. finally, the socks are blue on top, unlike the sleeves, so that they clash better with the pants.

HOME

Lightning_REwH_H_1.jpg

ROAD

Lightning_REwH_R_1.jpg

THIRD

Lightning_REwH_T_1.jpg

Chicago is perfect, no complaints here.

As for TB, I'd make the alt all-black, or at least cut down the sizes of the blue spots; right now it looks too unbalanced. The black pants are/were much needed, but they would look odd with the rest of the jersey being blue. I'd add more black, even just a little, to the primaries for better colour distribution. Good work.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Not to take away from the concepts themselves, but the stitching design on each jersey is really distracting and reduces the overall presentation. Gotta get rid of them, or at least utilize a stitching pattern that works with the jersey design.

OttawaSenators.png

Anaheim:

For the Ducks, I return the fantastic and unique color scheme of the "mighty" era but keep the logos of the modern era. While the old ducks unis had stripes at weird angles, I straighten out the stripe set.

For the third, I take inspiration from the movie that started it all but place it on the striping pattern of the other ducks unis. I also added the duck logo drom the move to the wordmark, but I could be convinced this isn't a great idea, haha.

HOME

Ducks_REwH_H_1.jpg

ROAD

Ducks_REwH_R_1.jpg

THIRD

Ducks_REwH_T_1.jpg

Chicago look great and that Tampa Bay set is fantastic. The only change I'd make to Chicago would be to add an outline around the third jersey crest.

Those Ducks hemstripes are slightly too high up. Also, the current era logos look like awkward colour inversions, the silver (and yellow) backgrounds overpower the webfoot D and the lettering. I'd lose the tiny wordmark on the helmet in favour of either of the other logos. Otherwise, I quite like the home and away jerseys. ^_^

I'm personally not a fan of that third.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Pittsburgh:

Pittsburgh has great uni tradition in both gold and yellow, but Penguins are yellow, not gold, so I return the pens to a more traditional set and more traditional color.

While I was tempted to go with a yellow alt, I decided to go with yet another throwback for the Pens. However, their last throwback was subpar, so I choose to throwback to 1973-7, which is similar to the 70-71 throwbacks but doesn't include the circle logo and is a little more blue and a little less powder (oh, and NNOB).

HOME

Pens_REwH_H_1.jpg

ROAD

Pens_REwH_R_1.jpg

THIRD

Pens_REwH_T_1.jpg

Pittsburgh:

Pittsburgh has great uni tradition in both gold and yellow, but Penguins are yellow, not gold, so I return the pens to a more traditional set and more traditional color.

While I was tempted to go with a yellow alt, I decided to go with yet another throwback for the Pens. However, their last throwback was subpar, so I choose to throwback to 1973-7, which is similar to the 70-71 throwbacks but doesn't include the circle logo and is a little more blue and a little less powder (oh, and NNOB).

HOME

Pens_REwH_H_1.jpg

ROAD

Pens_REwH_R_1.jpg

THIRD

Pens_REwH_T_1.jpg

Win. Thank you. :grin:

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Chigago: Nice alternate jersey!

Tampa Bay: Not too crazy about the black shorts with all blue jerseys or the unusual placement of the victory stripes on the alt.

Anaheim: I would personally reverse the teal and the silver on the crest. Try it. You'll seee how much sharper it looks.

Pittsburgh: Good job all around.

Pittsburgh:

HOME

Pens_REwH_H_1.jpg

ROAD

Pens_REwH_R_1.jpg

THIRD

Pens_REwH_T_1.jpg

I think I'm gonna cry...:)

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Boston:

The most recent cup champions don't need too much work. In fact, the home uni is almost unchanged and the road uni, I basically only change the shoulder yoke to yellow.

Where I take this set to a new place is on the third, which isn't a throwback (it's just a yellow alternate in this set's template), but definitely is influenced by jerseys of the Bruins' past, including the Winter Classic uni.

HOME

Bruins_REwH_H_1.jpg

ROAD

Bruins_REwH_R_1.jpg

THIRD

Bruins_REwH_T_1.jpg

Nashville:

This was the last set I did in this template, so bear with me.

This set is basically just a replication and edit to my new template of a Preds concept I did a while back. Both logos are different than their current real-world counterparts, but I think both are improved and the jersey are simplified and made better by a blue Third with a yellow lid.

HOME

Preds_REwH_H_1.jpg

ROAD

Preds_REwH_R_1.jpg

THIRD

Preds_REwH_T_1.jpg

New template is PHENOMENAL.

p.s. it's Weber, for Nashville.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived