Tim E. NHL series

TimEOBrien

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love both these concepts; great job. However, on the road, St Louis' numbers should be blue. There's kind of a "yellow overload" on the back, especially considering how close to the numbers the stripe is. Make it blue, and it's perfect.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Dallas:

With the Stars, I tried to combine elements of the North Stars and the Dallas Stars. The color scheme comes from the current Stars but rather than black being the primary color, I switch it back to green.

Much of the design elements of the jerseys can be traced back to North Stars uniforms. Black breezers solidify that black is still in the color pallet while the home features black outlined numbers and the road has "DALLAS" written in black.

Finally, the third jersey is black in homage to the current uni set and I return the Dallas script but remove the front uni number (which I hate) and replace it with the Dallas star logo.

HOME

Stars_REwH_H_1.jpg

ROAD

Stars_REwH_R_1.jpg

THIRD

Stars_REwH_T_1.jpg

Fantastic. Only change I would make would be to keep the Texas shoulder patch, at least on the alt.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Minnesota:

I keep the Wild as a primarily red team, with green remaining secondary.

On the home jersey, I basically move the current chest crest to the shoulders for two reasons: To get rid of that ugly shoulder patch and because the circle Wild logo works much better there than replacing that great Wild logo.

On the third jersey, I go back to the earliest days of the Wild and bring back a great looking green jersey that isn't third different uniform template nor a silly fauxback, no matter how good they may have looked.

For the road jersey, I couldn't decide which design I preferred. I created the jersey on the left first, which is very similar to their current road uni. Now, I'm leaning one way, but I want to see what people think.

HOME

Wild_REwH_H_1.jpg

ROAD

Wild_REwH_R_12.jpg

THIRD

Wild_REwH_T_1.jpg

I gave some comments to Fregus’ NHL and international hockey concept thread, so I’ll do the same for you. I see all of us are working on a hockey concept thread and I know we all appreciate feedback.

So, here are my thoughts:

Blackhawks: There’s really not much you can do with Chicago seeing as how there’s a lot of tradition there and they’ve been using basically the same logo for the entire existence of their franchise. I like the third jersey though. I’ve always liked the Blackhawks in black.

Lightning: I’ll echo what some others have said; I think the home and away need some black in the jerseys to go with the black pants and the black alt.

Ducks: I love that you went back to the Ducks old color scheme but I don’t really think it fits that well with their current logo. I like the third however. Even if it is improbable that they’d actually wear something like that.

Penguins: Again, a good choice to go back to the original color scheme. No complaints here. I was never really a big fan of their blue alternated jerseys just because the yellow triangle just seems sorta arbitrary. I think the only way to get away with it would be to have the penguin in the middle of the roundel with “Pittsburgh Penguins” written in blue surrounding the logo.

Bruins: Not much change here. But in your defense there really isn’t much to change. I like the yellow alt.

Predators: I like the simplified logo a lot. I also like the simplicity of the uniforms. Good work on this one.

Jets: The Jets are a tough team to do IMO. I wasn’t much impressed when their logos came out. I just thought they were way too simple and the logos you’re using are way too simple as well. They’re missing something but I just can’t pinpoint it. That being said, I absolutely love the uniforms. I see what you’re saying about the pant striping, but I like your arguments to justify it. Great job on the uniforms. The logo needs something though, maybe a “Winnipeg” on top of the roundel and then “Jets” at the bottom, similar to what the Blues have as their third logo.

Winter Classic: Good job on both of these. They both look really nice. I have mixed feelings about vintage white but these look pretty good.

Flyers: The jerseys are pretty perfect; I just hate the conflicting colors of the nameplates and the jerseys themselves. I’ve always wondered why teams did that…

Rangers: Again, here’s a team with not much to be done. I’m not too sure if I like the third uniforms though.

Blues: I LOVE that you went back to the lighter shade of blue as the primary color but I feel as though the dark blue shoulder yolk throws it off a little. I think if you just stuck with one blue (the lighter shade of course) you’d be good here.

Capitals: I never did like that logo. In my opinion there wasn’t anything wrong with what they wore from ’95-2007. I liked how unique the colors were. For D.C. teams you expect to see red, white, and blue and quite frankly I think it’s boring. There’s enough of that color scheme in pro sports anyway. That being said, I absolutely hate what the Capitals wear now – I honestly think they’re the worst uniforms in the NHL – so I guess this is an improvement.

Stars: If you get rid of the black altogether I think you’ve nailed it. Good job.

Wild: I love these. These are probably some of your best of the series. I hate that the Wild currently use a roundel as their home sweater patch so I’m glad you changed that. The Wild have, IMO, the best logo in hockey (in all of pro sports actually), and you’ve really done it justice here. It looks fantastic against that red jersey. As far as the away uniforms go, I really like the one on the right more. It seems like it fits in well with the primary.

Really good stuff here. I look forward to seeing more.

Ottawa:

The Sens new 'Heritage' Third jersey is the best uni the current incarnation of the Senators has ever worn. That being said, I made that the template for all three unis - with some modification.

First, I made all of the stripes equal length, the bottom red stripe on the 'Heritage' Third is a bit smaller than the others while the middle black stripe is bigger. Now, they're all equal ('cept the bottom stripe, of course...).

Next I added stripes and a logo to the pants. That's a strong logo, and I didn't want to lose the French and English crests, so I added it to the pants and helmet.

I really love this look and hope the Sens do something like this to their identity in the near future.

OH! and I ditch the vintage white.

HOME

Sens_REwH_H_1.jpg

ROAD

Sens_REwH_R_1.jpg

THIRD

Sens_REwH_T_1.jpg

I gave some comments to Fregus? NHL and international hockey concept thread, so I?ll do the same for you. I see all of us are working on a hockey concept thread and I know we all appreciate feedback.

So, here are my thoughts:...

...Really good stuff here. I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I'll soon return the favor.

Ditch the black all together and you've got the perfect jerseys for the Stars. There might not be a colour scheme I like more than green, gold and white.

Great work once again!

Gotta disagree.... KEEP the black.

They're not the North Stars anymore.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

That is a beautiful Senators concept! It comes so close to perfection but, in my opinion, there's 3 things that hold it back from being a perfect 10.

1- The large vertical stripes down the pants clash large with the horizontal stripes that adorn both the sweater and the socks. It's just a bit of a stripe overload, if you will. You should make the pants all black like the Senators did

2- Although the centurion is the team's logo, I must say that it looks quite out of place on the pants and helmets of these simple & classic uniforms. Personally, I would've gone with this logo for the pants and helmets:

ottawa_senators__76891.png

ottawa_senators__76892.png

3- The "L" and the "O" in "Alfredsson" seem to be underneath the jersey's stitching.

Either way, great concept. I really like it. Definitely one of my favourite Sens concepts I've seen in my time around here.

thecatch.jpg

That is a beautiful Senators concept! It comes so close to perfection but, in my opinion, there's 3 things that hold it back from being a perfect 10.

1- The large vertical stripes down the pants clash large with the horizontal stripes that adorn both the sweater and the socks. It's just a bit of a stripe overload, if you will. You should make the pants all black like the Senators did

2- Although the centurion is the team's logo, I must say that it looks quite out of place on the pants and helmets of these simple & classic uniforms. Personally, I would've gone with this logo for the pants and helmets:

3- The "L" and the "O" in "Alfredsson" seem to be underneath the jersey's stitching.

Either way, great concept. I really like it. Definitely one of my favourite Sens concepts I've seen in my time around here.

1.) understandable, the pants might look better solid black, but I'd like to see both on the ice before I just trash the stripes Idea.

2.)In hindsight, I would probably only put it on the helmet, but I still want it somewhere on the uni.

3.)This is a flaw with my template that only arises when I have long names, I could've messed around with the location of the name within my template to fix this, But I just didn't.

Thanks for the feedback, though.

Los Angeles:

I've been wanting to redo the Kings for a while now, but every time I tried to tackle them, ideas kept bottoming out because I couldn't figure out what to do with the King's logos. They have so many variations of their logos, but the problem is I think all of them are a tad obnoxious in at least one way and if I couldn't pick a logo or think of a way to design one myself, I couldn't work out a proper color or design.

That's when RaySox's excellent Yzerman thread came to my rescue. Using his Yzermanized Kings logos, I tweaked them and found great inspiration for my set.

Kings_logo_1.jpgKings_logo2.jpg

The home and road are pretty straight forward and the third is basically a fauxback to the earliest days of the Kings.

HOME

Kings_REwH_H_1.jpg

ROAD

Kings_REwH_R_1.jpg

THIRD

Kings_REwH_T_1.jpg

I always thought the Blues would look good if they stuck with one shade of blue instead of having the two-tone look. Especially in the home concept you have there. The dark blue just looks planted on there.

Archived