Tim E. NHL series

TimEOBrien

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Mason and Rick Nash

You are correct sir. Hopefully it was visually obvious.

It was for me, but idk how easy it will be for fans of other teams.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Ok, so I've decided to start designing some logos and unis for former NHL teams and this is the first in that series.

California Seals:

The Seals, in their California incarnation in particularly, had great colors and unis, but the logo reminded me more of a bird with a fish head than a seal. So I tried to remedy that with an updated logo and script.

The unis are basically just updates of previous unis and the Third is a fauxback as well, but I couldn't decide which set to go with, the white-less set (which could be against NHL uni rules, IDK) or the set that is all in the same template but moves the yellow to the third uni. Help me decide, which do you like?

LOGO | CREST | HOME | ROAD (or maybe the third) | maybe ROAD | THIRD

Seals_Display_1.jpg

or

Seals_Display_2.jpg

Not feeling the Detroit 3rd(back numbers, hates scripts on front of hockey jerseys), but that Seals concept is BEAUTIFUL! I think the green jersey, the white jersey, and the sea green throwback as a 3rd is my favorite jerseys of the concept. So, to answer your question, a combination of the two options you presented :D.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

from far away the seals logo looks similar to the shape of new york state.

at least to me, anyway.

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, New York state looks like a seal.

haha, thanks for ruining my own logo for me... :P even the stick works as long island... sonnovabitch.

at least to me, anyway.

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, New York state looks like a seal.

haha, thanks for ruining my own logo for me... :P even the stick works as long island... sonnovabitch.

Seriously, that was my instant thought.

New project: make the New York Seals minor league team

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

at least to me, anyway.

like hockey week said, run with that idea. take out the C behind it and make it a minor league team or something. the resemblance is uncanny.

still great work regardless.

bufg.png

I'm really diggin' that second Seals set. A logo with an actual seal, not some abstract sushi shape. As for the first, if you really want to use the script as a jersey, make it white (switch the teal and white) because that look is too flamboyant.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

like hockey week said, run with that idea. take out the C behind it and make it a minor league team or something. the resemblance is uncanny.

But there aren't seals in NY, there are in Cali Cali.

And there aren't any Penguins in Pittsburgh, Bulls in Chicago, Kings in Los Angeles, Jaguars in Jacksonville, Titans in Tennessee, Lions in Detroit, Raptors in Toronto, or Wizards in Washington (I'm sure many of these can be argued but the basic fact is there), so what's your point?

Find some reason for it to work. There aren't any cities in New York where a seal might be of historical significance? A city with alliteration (especially by the eye, how cool would that be?)? or better yet

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Seals-in-NY-Harbor-Who-Woulda-Thunk-80362507.html

some seals have popped up in New York harbor.

Run with this, man. Find a more east-coast color scheme and make it happen.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

And there aren't any Penguins in Pittsburgh, Bulls in Chicago, Kings in Los Angeles, Jaguars in Jacksonville, Titans in Tennessee, Lions in Detroit, Raptors in Toronto, or Wizards in Washington (I'm sure many of these can be argued but the basic fact is there), so what's your point?

Find some reason for it to work. There aren't any cities in New York where a seal might be of historical significance? A city with alliteration (especially by the eye, how cool would that be?)? or better yet

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Seals-in-NY-Harbor-Who-Woulda-Thunk-80362507.html

some seals have popped up in New York harbor.

Run with this, man. Find a more east-coast color scheme and make it happen.

Ignoring all the other inaccuracies, the Bulls were named after the Chicago Stockyards, otherwise known as the meat packing capital of the world.

But there aren't seals in NY, there are in Cali Cali.

The Buffalo Zoo would beg to differ.

bufg.png

DEFUNCT TEAM SERIES

Quebec Nordiques:

I think the old Nordiques logo is a trainwreck. Now, I understand that, design aside, people love the 'Diques logo, so - just like the Seals - I tried to update the logo while improving the design.

From what I gather, the old logo was a mashup of an N, an igloo and a hockey stick and puck. First, I rid the logo of the hockey equipment (we know you play hockey) and I give the logo a much more ballanced overall shape. The door to the igloo is framed by an N for Nordiques and also appears as an entrance to a stereotypical igloo.

The home and road unis are pretty much just updates but the third is an homage to the flag of Quebec.

Nordiques_Display_1.jpg

On the alt, maybe try narrowing the white cross just a little bit? It seems like white overkill right now, but the idea is good.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived