Tim E. NHL series

TimEOBrien

I love the Flames alot and the Stars. Also can you post a Flames jersey with the flaming C on the spot of where the captain C would be?

Yeah, that's the idea with the Atlanta A, the Calgary C would be on Iginla's uni. I'll mock one up for you on the home now.

Here ya are:

Flames_REwH_niginla_H_1.jpg

the flaming c captian logo w/flaming c is hidious and uber-repeative

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

North Stars--you based it on my favorite North Stars unis, so I can't complain--I'm glad you left out the black.

As for the thirds, those are quite similar to the unis the North Stars used from 75-78.

I like those ones too.

As for the Flames--I like the original unis--So I like what you did here.

For the third, it was a good way to work in the black without being excessive, or ridiculous.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I think the C as a captains patch looks really cool.

I think that could be awesome if that had done something like that on the old third jerseys with the flaming horse head. And the captain had the C like the logo.

Nice work.

2ly2w09.jpg

the flaming c captian logo w/flaming c is hidious and uber-repeative

Perhaps you're right, but I would still like to see it on the ice before I passed too much judgement, it's only one player.

fleury_66841.jpg

I know it's not the same jersey, but they did try this for a year, and from what I remember it wasn't well received in Calgary.

I do like the Flames jerseys you made though, and this would be a major step in the right direction compared to their current set.

I really like the idea of the full-mountain range, especially on the pants, but it interferes with the NOB. Try making the back of the neck area either flat or add a nameplate.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I really like the pants and that you eliminated all the excess black in the uniforms. That said, I think the jerseys need some work. The shoulder mountains just take up waaaay too much space on the jerseys... you need to move them up quite a bit... on the back, they need to be high enough that the nameplate isn't on two different colours, because it makes for a major readability issue. The white jerseys are also so burgundy that it could be a pain to tell they're actually supposed to be the road team.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I like the way you decided to work the mountains around the nameplate. Any chance you could show how the uniforms would look on a 3D model? I think it might help to better visualize this particular concept.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Jonathan Hejduk?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The issue I have with the Avs look is that the yoke and waist stripe are so large that there's virtually no visual difference at a quick glance between the two. Yes, one's primarily blue, one's primarily maroon, but when I look at them, I have to look twice and remind myself they're different. You're about 50/50 on colors, and that's my nitpick on this set. They're too similar.

The issue I have with the Avs look is that the yoke and waist stripe are so large that there's virtually no visual difference at a quick glance between the two. Yes, one's primarily blue, one's primarily maroon, but when I look at them, I have to look twice and remind myself they're different. You're about 50/50 on colors, and that's my nitpick on this set. They're too similar.

I was going to mention the same thing. I don't really see the difference between the home and third without looking twice.

I was going to mention the same thing. I don't really see the difference between the home and third without looking twice.

I see and understand your point, but the Cunucks' third doesn't even bother changing colors or stripes, just logos. It's so subtle, I've been watching them play the 'Hawks all night and I didn't notice until well into the second that they were wearing their third jersey.

Islanders:

Well, the Islanders decided to :censored: all over good design with their third jersey so I decided it was time to work on the Isles.

With the home and road, I return the look that won four Stanley Cups, a classic and simple uni.

As for the third, I used the current home uni striping and add my new secondary logo (inspired from the Whalers' old logo) to the chest.

Islanders_Display_1.jpg

Archived