Tim E. NHL series

TimEOBrien

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Avs, can I suggest making the helmets on the blue and maroon jerseys blue instead of maroon? I think it's almost a rule that helmets on coloured jerseys match the pants of that set.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Islanders:

Well, the Islanders decided to :censored: all over good design with their third jersey so I decided it was time to work on the Isles.

With the home and road, I return the look that won four Stanley Cups, a classic and simple uni.

As for the third, I used the current home uni striping and add my new secondary logo (inspired from the Whalers' old logo) to the chest.

Islanders_Display_1.jpg

Just bumping the Islanders set to this page...

For the Islanders third, I think just having the Long Island logo works better than having the "ers" on the end. I believe the Islanders' logo is well known enough that anyone who saw it would immediately understand what it represents.

• 2 weeks later...

Though it's bit of a moot point, here's my idea for realignment:

Alignment_Confrences_1.jpg

Alignment_Map_1.jpg

Playoffs: Top two teams from each division plus the Next best four as wildcards from any divisions. The playoffs will seed by points. Teams will be ranked 1-16, the evens will be on one bracket and the odd numbered teams will be in the bracket.

Not perfect, mostly in the playoffs, but works great for the regular season (which returns to 84 games).

Though it's bit of a moot point, here's my idea for realignment:

Alignment_Confrences_1.jpg

Alignment_Map_1.jpg

Playoffs: Top two teams from each division plus the Next best four as wildcards from any divisions. The playoffs will seed by points. Teams will be ranked 1-16, the evens will be on one bracket and the odd numbered teams will be in the bracket.

Not perfect, mostly in the playoffs, but works great for the regular season (which returns to 84 games).

That's along the lines of an idea I had--although I didn't actually list all the teams --just an idea for the frame work.

I think a league that can have an equal number of teams in all divisions and conferences should do that.

When the NHL had 21 teams I guess I can let that go as 3 divisions of 7 teams or 7 divisions of 3 teams don't really make sense--so 3 of 5 teams and one of 6 was okay--but with 30 teams it just makes so much sense to have them even.

Maybe not all the divisions are perfect, but the Western ones make good sense.

And given the teams' locations--this set up would still make sense.

But for playoffs I'd just do 1 vs 16, etc.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 months later...

Back by unpopular demand!

Winter Classic 2013:

Ok so a lot of people have taken to the 2013 WC concept idea, but I figured I'd add my hat into that ring. Now, since I mostly just do uniform concepts and people like Dr. Doug have already come up with (what will almost certainly be) the new Winter Classic logo, I decided to forgo creating a WC logo and instead just come up with jerseys.

Theme of my concepts? Play like it's 1934! (plus I'm debuting a lace up collar on my template)

WinterClassic_Display_2013_1.jpg

First up, the Detroit Red Wings:

The Red Wings have some of the most consistent unis in all of sports, which makes the details that much more important. Just like the 1934 duds, these unis feature outline only numbers and the old school logo is centered on the wheel rather than the logo as a whole. The white hem stripe is lower and smaller than the normal Red Wing jerseys.

I had considered vintage white to help differentiate these unis from their normal ones but since my Leafs uni doesn't use vintage white, I decided against it.

The Maple Leafs:

As you can see here, my idea is again based off of a uniform from the 1934 season. Three stripes don the top of the jersey, the hem line, the socks and both of the shoulders (though, just like in the originals, the shoulder yoke covers the top stripe).

The captaincy patch emulates the all new Leaf logo that was debuted in 1934 but was only implemented on the home jersey from 1934-37 and not used full time until 1938. The name plates added to the back of the jersey (not featured on the original just like the sleeve TV numbers) fit just inside the two outer stripes near the shoulder blades creating a nice framing effect.

Finally, the pants are blue with one simple stripe and the helmets feature the old school 1930s logo from the crest. These unis will definitely look good in the Big House.

I LOVE those Leafs unis. I actually really like the captaincy patch idea. The Wings is good, but the Wings logo is tiny.

It shrank in the cold...

But yeah, it is small but the smallness (IMO) is accurate and helps separate them from the regular home jerseys.

Thank you though.

Hows about some goalie gear?

Red Wings (Howard):

Red_Wings_GPT_WC_1.jpg

Classic brown pads with a helmet whose colors pattern - by imitating an old school helmet with facesheild - honors some of the great Detroit goalies like Dominik Hasek and Chris Osgood.

Maple Leafs (Reimer):

Maple_Leafs_GPT_WC_1.jpg

Some (barely) off white pads with every major leafs logo somewhere on his gear (and yes, the mask says, "NO REIMER REASON.").

Way too many logos.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Constructive Doug... :P

Is the problem the multitude of logos or the fact that they're all different. My idea was inspired by Chris Mason's pads and they feature just as many logos (though they're all the same logo...) and I think they're pretty badass. And no matter what the issues you may have are, I thought my leg pads would get a pretty positive response, nothing?

How about the template, good, bad, indifferent? And I'd still appreciate C&C on my WC unis.

Archived