Tim E. NHL series

TimEOBrien

This is sort of more theoretical but I decided to rebrand the Blue Jackets using the unused logo from my latest update.

Columbus Generals:

I figured that green is underutilized in the NHL and updating the Blue Jackets confusing/boring/cookie cutter (see: Third Jersey) identity with something a little stronger while still having roots in Civil War history (Ohio produced more CW generals than any other state).

I really like the simplicity of my Logo, but it might be too plain, thoughts?

Generals_Display_1.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this Tim.

The Generals theme needs 4 stars somewhere though, don't ya think?

How about a gold star in the "G".

You should throw this in over at Puckdrawn.

That's actually a great idea. Your CG logo is so minimalist, yet so good. I think having four (or five) stars running through the middle of it (starting from the inside edge of the G and ending between the ends of the C) would make it simply perfect.

I'm a Jackets fan, and even I think that's a great rebrand. It would need some major promotion for the change to be accepted, but I like it, and I think the uniforms are perfect.

Maybe add a tertiary logo of the Ohio flag (Ohioans are obsessed with that pennant) in the style of the camouflage American flag patch

PM0120.jpg -> nunst058.gif

I think that would fit this rebrand really well. Maybe make the white into gold to better fit the color scheme.

Idk, just thinking out loud, but I like it

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

green and gold with a star?

even as generals, i think the jackets need to be either red, white, and blue, or royal blue with navy blue.

Too much R,W&B in pro sports (and lets not even get into double blue with vintage white and a circle logo...). Green and gold makes just as much - if not more - sense with the new name.

Nice rebrand. The Jackets gotta do something. First and foremost they should have never been called the Blue Jackets. There isn't much you can do with the name period. The market is on this team already has the Sabres and Capitals to limit the capability.

IMO the star doesn't really match the C/G because it gives me a 3D vibe whereas the C/G is completely flat. Maybe a more 2D star would work?...

Yeah, 2D stars, maybe green with a thin gold outline. the 3D version loses the minimalism. That's definitely the right direction, though I'm not sure if I like the multiple stars or the single star better

IMO the star doesn't really match the C/G because it gives me a 3D vibe whereas the C/G is completely flat. Maybe a more 2D star would work?...

Yeah, 2D stars, maybe green with a thin gold outline. the 3D version loses the minimalism. That's definitely the right direction, though I'm not sure if I like the multiple stars or the single star better

Either of these work better?

Generals_Logo_8and9.jpg

Personally I'm leaning toward no stars, but maybe I can be convinced otherwise...

Either of these work better?

Generals_Logo_8and9.jpg

Personally I'm leaning toward no stars, but maybe I can be convinced otherwise...

Wow, I thought for sure I'd like the five stars better, but really, that one with the big star looks great. It would shrink a lot better, too. The CG is awesome, and frankly, genius, but there's a lot of room around it. It seems like almost too much room without something occupying that space. Maybe a bump will get more opinions on this.

I think something needs to be added to distinguish this from the Dallas Stars. I really like the C/G logo, it gives me a very heavy 70's vibe.

Here's some color suggestions:

95620174.png

75408331.png

50602660.png

16572961.png

51655519.png

70580446.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think something needs to be added to distinguish this from the Dallas Stars. I really like the C/G logo, it gives me a very heavy 70's vibe.

While I understand your point, the Stars don't wear green anymore and their yellow/gold is more mustard while mine is more old gold/tan.

I will consider editing the colors, but I really like this scheme.

Thanks for the compliment. :grin:

EDIT: This association with the Stars is also a reason I have some fears about putting stars into the 'CG' (or 'seege') logo.

While I understand your point, the Stars don't wear green anymore and their yellow/gold is more mustard while mine is more old gold/tan.

EDIT: This association with the Stars is also a reason I have some fears about putting stars into the 'CG' (or 'seege') logo.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if the colors weren't so comparable, but I really like the stars as long as they're not given shading. I preferred the C/G with the multiple stars myself.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It wouldn't be such a big deal if the colors weren't so comparable, but I really like the stars as long as they're not given shading. I preferred the C/G with the multiple stars myself.

twitter

Ok, I'm leaning toward no stars on the Seege logo, but I do like the idea of using stars in some fashion so I've come up with an idea, based on the US's insignia system, for a unique take on captaincy patches.

Thoughts?

If this was a junior hockey team concept it would work perfectly for the number of years 1 star = 1 yr of junior experience with a max of 5 years service.

How about one of these?

Generals_Logo_5and6.jpg

2nd one!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived