Dan Wheldon Dead @33

capitalcanuck

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame Dan was a great driver, 2 time 500 winner, RoTY, even a series championship. This is a sad day not just for indy car, but racing in general. I know with the race being close between Dario & Will along with Danica's last race, this wasn't a way that I don't think anyone would want it to end. I managed to find the 5 lap memorial they did for Dan, truly heartbreaking...

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon you truly were gone too soon. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RycU_YwdKrU

baltimoreravens.png

whats is ironic that dan was testing the 2012 model which is supposedly much safer anyways this is now a condolnce post sign with your fondest memories of Dan Wheldon

No kidding. And irony of ironies apparently the new model has a "bumper" of sorts that would have prevented exactly the kind of accident that started this chain reaction. Good riddance to the old Dalara...

I don't follow racing, be it indie or stock car, but 33 years old is too young to die. Terribly tragic.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

growing up in bama racing is 2nd only to college football i support it but indycar needs to limit the number of 1.5 mile tracks its to risky or put restrictor plates or something

Frankly I think it's time they do away with them altogether and run Indy, the short tracks and the road courses. The 1.5's and up are just too fast. And to think they're ADDING 2 mile Fontana next year which has already taken a life during a race.

Damn, heard the news after being on a high from watching a great Bucs win vs. the Saints. I wasn't a diehard Indy fan, but was aware of who Dan was since he lived in St. Pete.

So tragic to see anyone lose their life at such a young age. RIP Dan Wheldon.

This is really sad news, and the worst part is that you have asshats trying to go around and make fun of the whole thing. Wheldon's legacy cannot be measured; this is a man dying doing what he loved to do. Yeah, there were problems with what they were doing in Las Vegas (you can't have that many cars on a flat out oval), but it's sad that anything like this could happen.

Somebody dies, driving in close quarters at over 200 mph.

Surprise, surprise.

I understand your point, but regardless of how safe it is, a human being died today. Show some respect.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I don't really have any words to describe this picture.

C4S_wheldonfront0402_62730c.jpg

RIP Dan Wheldon

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

RIP Dan Wheldon. I just finnished watching football and turned the chanel and to see that terrible sight. Holy crow. I almost cried. RIP.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Seriously, Milo? Even for you, this is a bit much, sarcastically making a comment like that to use this man's death to support your opinion against auto racing, which is yet another on a long list of things you don't like.

Yeah, people have their opinions, and yours are different, but I always thought you as someone who had better judgement on how/when to share it.

I'd say a death is the strongest support possible for my opinion, that racing needs to either be made drastically safer, or done away with.

Yeah, it's somebody's choice to race, and I bet most times their significant other supports them. But now, what about this guy's kids growing up without their dad?

I thank the God you don't believe in that the world isn't the way you'd like to see it. There would be no NASCAR and I'd have to give half of my money and food away to people I've never met.

On topic: It's tragic. Those cars are simply too fast for a 1.5 mile track. Today proved it. If they're going to continue to run open wheel on small tracks then they need to come up with the Indy Car version of a restrictor plate.

It's always a shame to lose a driver.

BB52Big.jpg

Seriously, Milo? Even for you, this is a bit much, sarcastically making a comment like that to use this man's death to support your opinion against auto racing, which is yet another on a long list of things you don't like.

Yeah, people have their opinions, and yours are different, but I always thought you as someone who had better judgement on how/when to share it.

I'd say a death is the strongest support possible for my opinion, that racing needs to either be made drastically safer, or done away with.

Yeah, it's somebody's choice to race, and I bet most times their significant other supports them. But now, what about this guy's kids growing up without their dad?

I thank the God you don't believe in that the world isn't the way you'd like to see it. There would be no NASCAR and I'd have to give half of my money and food away to people I've never met.

On topic: It's tragic. Those cars are simply too fast for a 1.5 mile track. Today proved it. If they're going to continue to run open wheel on small tracks then they need to come up with the Indy Car version of a restrictor plate.

It's always a shame to lose a driver.

They slowed the things down about 10-12 mph between 10 and 15 years ago on the IndyCar side after the last time they lost a couple of drivers. Wonder if they'll be doing the same here or not.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived