MY City Multi-Sport Contest

AnythingChicago

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROUND 4 - FOOTBALL

1. Baltimore Ravens (AnythingChicago)

From the designer: I wanted to imitate the real color of a raven, which is black with a purple glisten, while incorporating the Maryland flag colors. These uniforms would be unique because, just like an actual raven, the uniforms would look more black than purple at night, but more purple than black during the day.

Actual raven for reference.

2. Florida International Golden Panthers (DolphinManatee): Logos; uniforms

From the designer:

This concept utilizes the current blue and gold color scheme with "green" (as the school called it) as an accent color. I made sure I had the right colors. The "green" comes from the previous logo. The main logo is a combination of the current logo and the previous logo. I tried to keep this simple enough, but unique enough so it does not resemble the the college Dan Marino played for. Oh, and sorry for the small uniform image, I could not figure out how to make it larger.

P.S., this is the college I am 99% sure I am going to attend.

3. Detroit Lions (Griffinmarlins)

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (mbannon92)

5. Washington Redskins (Moseph)

6. Denver Broncos (rsaline) Logos; home; away; home alt; away alt.

7. Pittsburgh Steelers (SFGiants58)

8. Army Black Knights (Silent Wind of Doom)

From the designer:

The first alternate is a special event uniform based off the cadet dress uniform at West Point.

Thanks to everyone who participated in all four rounds, and good luck.

25yzwqg.png

FIU- Solid concept. Definitely one of the top 3 in this round. I love the color scheme.

Lions- The idea is good, though I'm not entirely fond of the black. I could have gotten over it if it were presented nicely, however, but the whole thing is a mess of pixels.

Buccaneers- As the votes show, this is very, very nice. It would be a great upgrade for Tampa Bay.

Redskins- This is a good twist on a classic uniform, and you eliminated the racist logo. Bravo.

Broncos- I probably would have voted for this if I wouldn't have voted for myself. It's an absolutely stunning logo, and the uniforms are both modern and old school. Great concept.

Steelers- I love the idea, but the numbers are a little bit weird the way they're split. Overall, the concept is good, but, well, I've seen it before countless times unfortunately.

Army- I'm surprised no one has voted for this yet. I love the new colors for Army here, and the cadet uniform is absolutely fantastic. I'd put this second on my ballot only after Denver.

Good job, everyone!

25yzwqg.png

Ravens: The more I look at this one, the more I like it. I didn't like the Maryland stripes at first, but they grew on me, especially with how they are incorporated in the logo. Still not sure about the dark purple, I would definitely have to see it in action before I made up my mind.

FIU: Somewhat simple, but it's a really clean look. Good presentation. Solid logos and word mark. Great Job!

Lions: I don't like the black as the primary, I think it really detracts from the team historically. I can't quite tell, but I think you put a shield on the collar that was featured in the 60's. I think that's really cool. But the presentation does detract from it.

Buccaneers: Looks good. I can see TB going to this look. My one nitpick is the orange. IMO it doesn't flow with the rest of the jersey. I think you did a great job though.

Redskins: Eh. I like that you tried to shake things up by changing the stripes, even on the helmet, but I just don't feel it. I think your shades of maroon and yellow were a little off too. I do like that you tried to stripe everything like the arrow, but I don't think it turned out quite as nice as it could have.

Steelers: Numbers threw me off a little. I really liked the striping. On the home jersey, the gold numbers should go. The gray facemask is beautiful and iconic. Great job!

Army: Alternates - Sexy. Primaries - Pretty Good. I think if you used the gold from ALT1 on the primaries, it would look a lot better. ALT2 would be perfectly fine without the logo on the helmet. And the secondary logo seemed kind of weak, especially compared to the primary. But seriously, the alternates are amazing!

Great job everyone! Thanks AnythingChicago for running this, it was a lot of fun. Props to the winner. I really appreciate all the feedback, too, since this was my first time posting my work for others to see!

Round 4 Standings:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (mbannon92) (8 votes [40.00%])

2. Baltimore Ravens (AnythingChicago) (3 votes [15.00%])

3. Denver Broncos (rsaline) (3 votes [15.00%])

4. Florida International Golden Panthers (DolphinManatee) (3 votes [15.00%])

5. Washington Redskins (Moseph) (2 votes [10.00%])

6. Army Black Knights (Silent Wind of Doom) (1 votes [5.00%])

7. Detroit Lions (Griffinmarlins) (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Pittsburgh Steelers (SFGiants58) (0 votes [0.00%])

Final Standings:

1. mbannon92 (Tampa, FL). 24 votes.

1. drdougfresh (Detroit, MI). 24 votes.

3. rsaline (Denver, CO). 11 votes.

4. AnythingChicago (Baltimore, MD). 10 votes.

5. Chapeeko (Chicago, IL). 9 votes.

6. Moseph (Baltimore, MD). 8 votes.

7. SFGiants58 (Pittsburgh, PA). 7 votes.

8. Fox (Anaheim, CA). 6 votes.

9. DolphinManatee (Miami, FL). 5 votes.

9. Griffinmarlins (Detroit, MI). 5 votes.

11. capitalcanuck (Phoenix, AZ). 4 votes.

12. Silent Wind of Doom (New York, NY). 3 votes.

Congratulations to our co-champions mbannon92 and drdougfresh. Both contestants finished with 24 points. Good work, gentlemen! Third place goes to rsaline, who finished with 11 points.

25yzwqg.png

whoa, I just realized my note from the dseigner wasn't in there like I requested. The reason the Lions looked so bad, is because I made it 5 months ago, and wasn't that good at making things less pixelated then.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

So I'd like to here from you all. Was this overall a success? What did you like? What didn't you like? What could have been better? What would you suggest for a future contest?

I definitely enjoyed it. My one complaint would be that it got REALLY stretched out because of people missing deadlines. I dunno if there's anything you could do about that though. Maybe have everyone enter all their concepts at once?

Yup, I agree with mbannon. Something to make it easier to enter/speed up the process. Polls being open for like 2-3 days, and then a new round being posted is the best way, IMO. In the span of this contest, my work schedule changed pretty drastically, and that's why I couldn't finish the last concept. I think entering all at once would be the best way, and you can draw it out on the front-end, etc.

I liked the contest idea, it just became too drawn out. Some concepts were clearly rushed as well-- something that really bothered me. But there's not much you can really do about that, people have different standards, I suppose.

Archived