• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PHX/Tempe

Baseball:D-Backs

Basketball-Suns

Hockey-Cyotes

Football-Sun Devils

I'm gonna give this a try. I'll take Philadelphia if that's okay. Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia 76ers, Philadelphia Flyers, and Philadelphia Phillies.

id like to take boston:Bruins (hockey)Patriots (football)Red Sox (baseball)Celtics (basketball)

Both are Approved

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

Alright, canuck, sounds good to me.

To all: of course you have boatloads of time to send in your concepts, but when you're ready, PM them to me. The first contest will be the MLB, but feel free to send in concepts for all sports as you complete them.

25yzwqg.png

Well I guess we won't be seeing many Big Ten concepts other than Minnesota.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Well I guess we won't be seeing many Big Ten concepts other than Minnesota.

Along with the Minnesota-Minneapolis combo, Northwestern would be acceptable to Chicago (as Chapeeko demonstrated) and Michigan would be compatible to Detroit if you'd like.

25yzwqg.png

Gonna take my home city of Detroit as well. Since Griffinmarlins is planning on doing it already, I think relaxing the guidelines might be smart (especially if you want more entries). Throwing this out there, anything within 100 miles of the major city? If so, I'm in. I am also taking the more unconventional route-- I respect the Wings/Tigers too much to mess with their styles ;)

-Hockey- Windsor Spitfires (5 miles)

-Baseball- Toledo Mudhens (Tigers affiliate, 61 miles)

-Football- Oakland University (31 miles)

-Basketball- Eastern Michigan (11 miles)

Gonna take my home city of Detroit as well. Since Griffinmarlins is planning on doing it already, I think relaxing the guidelines might be smart (especially if you want more entries). Throwing this out there, anything within 100 miles of the major city? If so, I'm in. I am also taking the more unconventional route-- I respect the Wings/Tigers too much to mess with their styles ;)

-Hockey- Windsor Spitfires (5 miles)

-Baseball- Toledo Mudhens (Tigers affiliate, 61 miles)

-Football- Oakland University (31 miles)

-Basketball- Eastern Michigan (11 miles)

I would agree with the 100 miles thing, but it wouldn't make sense for things like Los Angeles to San Diego. I'm going to keep the decisions up to canuck or me.

That being said, you're approved. Though I was about to veto your MudHens. The way I decided was by looking at distances from Toledo to 4 major cities: Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, and of course Detroit. Because the city of those 4 that was closest to Toledo is Detroit -- not any of the other 3 named -- I said okay.

Maybe that method could work for rulings?

25yzwqg.png

Right on. Obviously SD and LA would be different, but for states and regions that have essentially one large sports market (like Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, etc.) and quite a few surrounding cities with major programs/minor league teams, it makes sense to use that method. I was thinking in terms of "what could be a day-trip from this city," if that makes sense. At any rate, I think this broadens the criteria a bit to make it more college-friendly.

Right on. Obviously SD and LA would be different, but for states and regions that have essentially one large sports market (like Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, etc.) and quite a few surrounding cities with major programs/minor league teams, it makes sense to use that method. I was thinking in terms of "what could be a day-trip from this city," if that makes sense. At any rate, I think this broadens the criteria a bit to make it more college-friendly.

Alright, so then that's what we'll go with.

25yzwqg.png

I'll do Buffalo

Hockey - Niagara Purple Eagles (NCAA)

Baseball - Buffalo Bisons (Mets AAA Affiliate)

Football - Buffalo Bills (NFL)

Basketball - Buffalo Bulls (NCAA)

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

You know what? I'll take Baltimore.

Baseball - Baltimore Orioles, MLB

Basketball - Naval Academy (located in nearby Annapolis), NCAA Patriot League (Division 1)

Hockey - UMBC Retrievers (located in nearby Catonsville), NCAA ACHA Division I level

Football - Baltimore Ravens, NFL

Is this alright witchyou, canuck

25yzwqg.png

Archived