Scahumburg baseball has a new name & logo

rvrdgsfn

scahumburgboomers.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We expect to have some clear image files shortly, but here's a screen shot of the logo of the newest team in the independent Frontier League: the Schaumburg Boomers.

As you can tell, a Boomer is some sort of bird; we expect a fuller explanation later.

The new team will play at Alexian Field, the former home of the Schumburg Flyers (independent; Northern League)

http://www.ballparkdigest.com/201110194268/independent-baseball/news/new-for-2012-schaumburg-boomers

baltimoreravens.png

Did they strike oil excavating for a new TGI Fridays or something? What's with the drops and name?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It seems kind of fitting that an indy-league baseball team would adopt a protected species as its mascot.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How can a team in Schaumburg be anything but the Mallrats. Dumb. Dynamite identity they're missing out on.

No kidding. I submitted that name probably within 5 minutes of finding out that they were taking submissions. I grew up in Schaumburg, and the mall is what put that place on the map. Mind you, I think that Studio Simon did a really, really nice job with the Boomers logo, but it's such a wasted opportunity.

I've lived in Illinois- granted, an urban part- my whole life and I had never heard of a Prairie Chicken/Boomer. It's a nickname that educates. :)

I don't really like the crossed bats, but at least they didn't include a baseball somewhere in the logo. That's progress.

I've lived in Illinois- granted, an urban part- my whole life and I had never heard of a Prairie Chicken/Boomer. It's a nickname that educates. :)

I live ten minutes from Schaumburg and have been extensively through Illinois and I have never seen nor heard of this type of animal. Turkeys, coyotes, hawks, deer, ground hogs, yes. Prairie chickens, never. Weird choice.

I live ten minutes from Schaumburg and have been extensively through Illinois and I have never seen nor heard of this type of animal. Turkeys, coyotes, hawks, deer, ground hogs, yes. Prairie chickens, never. Weird choice.

Judging from the wikipedia page most of the species in Illinois was hunted into extinction.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived