New MLB caps for 2012

The Mojo Maniac

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I just thought he didn't get it. It sounded like what he said was that they might use a white front-panel because they wore one in 93. I hope I didn't come off as condescending.

It didn`t I knew what the deal was I was just sayin. lol

Ah, the perils of internet communication.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Both the Marlins home and road caps are black

So, does one have an orange brim or is there an orange alternate cap?

There's an orange alternate hat that goes with the orange alternate jersey

The Red Sox wore their alternate exactly one time this season. I'm hoping for a side Fenway 100 patch in 2012, and my ultimate would be a return to the 1975-78 model with the red crown and blue brim - just on the road to spice up the away unis a bit.

The Red Sox wore their alternate exactly one time this season. I'm hoping for a side Fenway 100 patch in 2012, and my ultimate would be a return to the 1975-78 model with the red crown and blue brim - just on the road to spice up the away unis a bit.

The red cap on the road wouldn't look right, as the roadies are all blue accents.

The red cap on the road wouldn't look right, as the roadies are all blue accents.

I disagree. There is plenty of red with the socks, undershirts, and hanging Sox patch. The cap's brim would match up with the blue uni letters and numbers.

-I've seen from various sources that the Red Sox still declare the hanging sox logo cap as the official alternate, but I don't recall ever seeing it worn on the field in 2011. Have I just missed out, or is the team already phasing those out after such a short existence?

I believe the Red Sox wore this cap in one game this season.

EDIT: Looks like somebody already answered that.

Both the Marlins home and road caps are black

Since you're giving out info on the Marlins, can you let us know if the Orioles indeed are going with a white front panel on their home caps?

Yes.

-No more powder blue caps for the Royals. They will most likely wear the home blue cap when wearing the powder blue jerseys.

-Angels will go back to the silver halo on all caps next year. No more gold.

-New Blue Jays cap. There could be two(one with the 'T' and one without).

-Slight change to San Diego's "SD" on caps. Might be dropping the sand from the current road cap.

-Heard a rumor that Colorado was dropping the purple crown, black lettering, and silver outline option.

Actually there isn't any sand in the current SD road cap. They dropped that last off season and used the white SD's on the road this year.

That is correct. They used the cap with the sand "SD" as an alternate cap to go along with the navy blue jerseys (which still sported the sand lettering). Be interesting to see what kind of blue alternate uniform the Padres have, perhaps they are dropping it in favor of keeping the camo uni set as an alternate.

I hope the Orioles go back to the cartoon bird but don't go with the white panel on the hat. To me it doesn't look that good on top of a white jersey. The white paneled hat on a orange jersey would look good in my opinion.

This is the winner:

pMLB2-10219385dt.jpg

I've got some bad news for you, my friend.........

........can you let us know if the Orioles indeed are going with a white front panel on their home caps?

Yes.

Is showtime029 a legit source? Not tryin to be facetious, I'm just really wondering.

You make a great point.....however, what he has said so far about other teams has been confirmed by others like CC and CWX, so I would think he knows what he is talking about.

But we'll wait and see. All I know is, unlike you, I would be esctatic if this white-panel news is true, because I always liked that hat, and it would be different and unique to everybody else in Baseball, but not too over the top crazy.......a homeage to Oriole greats of the past (both white panel and all-black to be accurate) for a team in the future that might be closer than any of us think to respectability.

I hope the Orioles go back to the cartoon bird but don't go with the white panel on the hat. To me it doesn't look that good on top of a white jersey. The white paneled hat on a orange jersey would look good in my opinion.

This is the winner:

pMLB2-10219385dt.jpg

This is my favorite Orioles cap, and I hope that it's at the very least the new road cap. I personally am not too much a fan of paneled hats, so I'm kind of dissapointed to hear that the paneled one is returning.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I think it's all but official that the hanging sox cap is retired.

spacer.png

Is showtime029 a legit source? Not tryin to be facetious, I'm just really wondering.

Yes.

EDIT: This quote restriction is really f'ing annoying.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those :censored:ers better get matching batting helmets with a white front.

Will the Orioles be using the above pictured black and orange cap on the road?

Yes.

Well the black and orange one is definitely a plus compared to the paneled one, so here's hoping it becomes the unofficial primary home and away cap within a short period of time. B)

Archived