Ohio State Pro Combats

TBGKon

lol, BrandMooreArt was right. It's a very nice jersey, but Nike pretty much botched the rest of the uniform. It's like they didn't realize that the wide-ass stripe on the UGA PC helmet was ugly, so they put it on the OSU PC helmet.

lol, BrandMooreArt was right. It's a very nice jersey, but Nike pretty much botched the rest of the uniform. It's like they didn't realize that the wide-ass stripe on the UGA PC helmet was ugly, so they put it on the OSU PC helmet.

Look up the uniform history of the Buckeyes and you'll comprehend this uniform design. It isn't a ripoff or clone of the UGA pro combat uni....this one has a history and makes sense.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Look up the uniform history of the Buckeyes and you'll comprehend this uniform design. It isn't a ripoff or clone of the UGA pro combat uni....this one has a history and makes sense.

Still looks ugly, IMO.

Why does Ohio State get pro combats every season? NIKE better relax with all that or else Oregon is going to think they're cheating on them.

Because people eat them up and they sell well. People are stupid.

One victory is that at least they're not wearing them against Michigan this year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Is the sleeve stripe like a racing stripe or a wide stripe like the helmet?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll reserve judgement until I see them in action. In the publicity shot, it doesn't look too bad. We'll see if the look holds up in a game. I thought Boise State's "pro combats" (God I hate that term) looked really good when I saw the publicity shot for them. When I saw them in action in the Georgia game I thought they looked awful. I think that happens a lot with the "pro combat" uniforms. The publicity shots make them look better than they are.

BB52Big.jpg

I'll reserve judgement until I see them in action. In the publicity shot, it doesn't look too bad. We'll see if the look holds up in a game. I thought Boise State's "pro combats" (God I hate that term) looked really good when I saw the publicity shot for them. When I saw them in action in the Georgia game I thought they looked awful. I think that happens a lot with the "pro combat" uniforms. The publicity shots make them look better than they are.

I agree with you on the insulting term "pro-combat" as well as the fact that these things always look better in the cheesy digital mock up. Nike has a ton of money... they really should consider putting together actual, physical prototypes, dressing a few different body types in them, and getting a look at them, moving around. The photoshopped publicity shots are such a joke... they're like superhero bodies and comicbook poses. Is it any wonder that none of these designs hold up in the real world?

Is it any wonder that none of these designs hold up in the real world?

Navy's is pretty awesome.

Agreed. I think Navy could adopt thier Pro Combat, make a road uniform to match, and they'd be on thier way.

Ohio State's is very "meh" to me. The jersey is okay, but the set altogether just doesn't work for me, regardless of historical significance (and this is coming from a huge fan of throwback-inspired uniforms).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived