NFL Uniforms Week7

DeFrank

The Bears/Bucs matchup looks incredible.

That, and the Redskins/Panthers matchup really shows how awesome a game can look when you have classic vs modern done right.

Shame we're losing this Panthers set next season.

The Redskins uniforms are terrible. They were terrible even when they were considered "in" 25 years ago.

Too bad Nike can't get with them and get them into the 21st century. Or at least get them to use their dark maroon and mustard gold colors, which are far superior to the wimpy burgundy and yellow they currently sport.

Really? I think they have one of the best looking sets in the NFL. Especially with the Gold pants!

>>>>>

The Redskins don't have 'gold' pants .... they're yellow, just like the Steelers and Packers ... and what the Rams used to have.

If you're looking for gold, try the 49ers, Rams current (occasionally worn), and Saints. All 3 different variations of gold.

Would love to see the Redskins bring their '65-'69 helmet back ... nobody wears a claret color like that, looks great with the gray face-mask.

The Lombardi version is just too Packers-like (not that there's anything wrong with that).

p6441863dt.jpg

Here we go... the 3000th "what is gold, and what is yellow" discusssion.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all love the throwbacks, and I agree that they are nice, but I have to stick with the athletic gold.

A realistic change in the Redskins uniforms would involve the current colors, with the addition of black, and a return to a spear. The fact is the Redskins won three super bowls in the same darn uniform. I consider that to be classic warrenting.

>>>>>

Yet Denver lost all those Super Bowls in orange, they switch to navy and win 2 straight in the late 90s

Now they're going back to orange next season .... go figure

Here we go... the 3000th "what is gold, and what is yellow" discusssion.

>>>>

Sorry, I wasn't around for the other 2,999 ... what I miss??

:)

:evil: GRRRRRRRRR!!! :evil:

Those :censored: dark maroon/spear helmet unis. I hate them with a passion. Call me an oddball, but those uniforms are hideous to me. I just don't understand why so many people in the Redskins fanbase (and some outsiders) like them so much. I hated the season a few years ago when they wore those at all the home games.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Those :censored: dark maroon/spear helmet unis. I hate them with a passion. Call me an oddball, but those uniforms are hideous to me. I just don't understand why so many people in the Redskins fanbase (and some outsiders) like them so much. I hated the season a few years ago when they wore those at all the home games.

I don't like them either, the gray facemask ruins the whole set for me.

spacer.png

Oddball :P

But I agree with nuordr. A yellow (gold) facemask would perfect the look. If they want to go with a gray facemask, they should wear black shoes too.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

>>>>>>>>

A few years ago? That was in 2002, nearly 10 years ago already. Time is flying as it seems so recent.

It was interesting seeing Steve Spurrier in sideline apparel that so much resembled FL State after all his years in royal blue & orange with the Gators.

Some teams wear uniforms that in time you get really sick of, to me the Redskins are one of those teams. Teams like da Bears, Packers, Browns, KC, I just never get sick of. Then you have some teams that you're not sick of, but you'd like to see them at least tweak their current ones somewhat. Like Saints (away), Raiders (away), Seahawks (home), AZ (away), Dallas' pants, etc.

I don't like having the helmet logo on the sleeves, unless it's an alternate logo (like the Eagles), as it totally compliments the primary logo. In college for example, if AZ State got rid of the 'ASU' from the sleeves and put 'Sparky' there they'd be near perfection with the new pitchfork logo on the helmet.

Then you have some teams that have such great throwbacks that they should be using yet they either wear alternates or neither. Example: Redskins ('65-'69 or the '70-'71 Lombardi's worn once in 2007), Chargers '60s, Eagles (last years), Broncos ('66), SF (the one worn in 1994), Rams ('65-'72), NYJ ('63 w/ the jet plane logo)

It's all a matter of individual taste .... but in 2002 the majority seemed to really take to the Redskins '65-'69 based throwbacks ... I loved them, thought they were outstanding. I've only seen that color worn one other time, and that was by Arsenal in England during their final season at Highbury stadium. The only throwbacks I like alot that are currently still being worn are Dallas' and Atlanta's ....

Archived