Steve Yzerman's NHL: Dallas Stars

raysox

Obvious inspiration from the B-B Armada, but it works. Can't wait to see the others.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah! Yes! I completely forgot about that. I WAS inspired by their jerseys, and worked it into the black and white team.

But this series is me trying to say, "hey man, what Yzerman did was pretty okay." Since I started really liking the Lightning's set, a lot of my logos have been simple two color ones. It doesn't NEED to be complicated to look good.

Both concepts look great! The logos are all very well done, especially the Sharks' primary and script. No complaints on the Sharks, and my only suggestion for the Kings would be to make the stroke on the top center diamond the same as the triangles to the sides.

Great idea, and I can't wait to see more!

It would be interesting to do some of the teams as two-color, but without white. For example, the Kings could look pretty sharp in black and silver.

Yeah, but the scond color has to be light enough to turn into a road uni. Very restrictive, that gray will have to be very light.

Here is the comparison.

Compare2.png

I'm aware of the vaguely satirical nature of these concepts, but what you have here is a huge upgrade for that Kings logo. Absolutely fantastic. You've fixed everything that was wrong with it before, including the eyes that I can't unsee.

A complete downgrade. It's the details in the crown that make the real logo work and you've taken those out. It's the little details that make a logo work or not work, and you've taken the ones that make the logo work out.

I agree that a lot of the uniforms would suck if they only went one color, but you started this off with two teams that would actually look good if they went this route. Nice work!

I like the striping and logo for the Kings set. But it sure could use some purple!

Note, this is VERY hastily done by me:

KingsJrsVeryHastilyDone.jpg

I love the original concept, and also the idea of this.

The logo itself it fantastic, and I realize and love the purpose of the 2 colours only, but with two colours that logo would be near the best in the league.

untitled-6.jpg

Thanks everyone.

The kings isn't really satirical actually. When I thought about what if the Lightning were black instead of blue, I thought of the Kings. And how they would look really nice in just black and white. This is the first time I haven't used purple, actually. It's so unique to have purple in this league, but I figured this might work for LA.

Oh, and I thought about making purple and gold LA's color scheme, but then I remembered the Clippers, but figured they could move. Then I remembered the Dodgers and it foiled my plan, ahaha.

Honestly, I think your crown logo is way better than the current logo. This time, less is way more. Nice work.

I really like the idea of making them a dark purple. Make it really dark.

Also, the Kings' original jerseys were identical to Detroit's anyways, why not just go with the stripes at the waist?

This goes away from the thread idea a bit, but it would look really good. If you take the dark purple crown that creates, and make the gems gold (but only the gems, not the round parts), it would REALLY pop. Put that on a dark purple jersey with a gold stripe at the waist and on the sleeves, as well as a white jersey with dark purple stripes, it would be a great Kings concept, not just for the Yzermanized NHL, but overall.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I like everything about the Kings concept.

I've always wanted to see a team use black and white as a color scheme. Some might think that it's too plain, but I see no difference between a B&W color scheme and a team like the NY Jets' color scheme.

The logo Itself is a big improvement over what they are currently using. The current logo is very cluttered and one of the least visually appealing primaries in the NHL, which is a shame because the idea behind it has so much potential, and I think you capitalized on that.

Keep up the good work!

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I think the Sharks went more traditional than modern, personally, and they did it well. They could've gone traditional the way Tampa Bay did:

alsostolenfromtoronto.jpg

What a brave corporate dorsal fin!

I was ahead of the trend.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like the updated logo... I never realized how crappy and amateurish the current crown looks.

I'm not fond of the jerseys, however. Maybe try silver on the black jersey, but use white on the other jersey. Using dark purple and white could work as well. Or maybe just a different template...

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived