Steve Yzerman's NHL: Dallas Stars

raysox

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not the biggest hockey fan in the world, so could someone explain what it means to "Yzermanize" a team?

Yzermanize: To completely destroy a team's identity in order to make it look more like the Maple Leafs.

FTFY.

And for some serious C&C, you've gotta add some white. You desperately need contrast between colours.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm not the biggest hockey fan in the world, so could someone explain what it means to "Yzermanize" a team?

Yzermanize: To completely destroy a team's identity in order to make it look more like the Maple Leafs.

FTFY.

And for some serious C&C, you've gotta add some white. You desperately need contrast between colours.

Erm, Yzerman played for the Wings, not the Leafs. Striping is remarkably similar to the Red Wings' striping, not the Maple Leafs. The colors are similar. I would say Morgo is more correct here.

Scratch that.

I'm bringin' this back.

Flames_Yzerman_Display_1.jpg

Wow... I know this thread is kind of a joke, but I think this is the proverbial blind squirrel finding a nut. It might be the best Flames concept I've seen on here!

FTFY.

Erm, Yzerman played for the Wings, not the Leafs. Striping is remarkably similar to the Red Wings' striping, not the Maple Leafs. The colors are similar. I would say Morgo is more correct here.

Nope. Colorwerx said it's the exact same shade of blue.

Not to mention that later he compared the Leafs' and Lightning jerseys side by side...When I watch highlights of TB, I have no idea if I'm watching them or the Leafs, but I can be pretty certain that DET isn't playing.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Tim, stop posting your work in my thread. This isn't a group project.

And everyone, stop the debating. It's really :censored: ing lame.

you go bro! btw i love that kings logo you made!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

No regrets. No one had been posting in here for 3 months, I just had these from when I did an NHL series and I figured I should put them where they belong, in the thread that inspired me. I clearly am not taking credit for nor am I trying to impersonate anyone. My template is all my own and clearly marked, just like raysox's.

I just hope I brought people back to this great thread, maybe get some people to appreciate what redsox did. But :censored: me, right? God you people tire me.

Raysox, apologies if I pissed you off (everyone else bitching can go :censored: 'emselves), but rest assured I don't have any more Yzers in the bank nor do I have any plans to do some anytime soon.

and that's all I'll say about that...

Archived