Sign in to follow this  
uk-owns-iu

Tulsa's football helmets

It's the Oregon carbon fiber helmet but blue, nothing that exciting

I know one thing, apparently that helmet was blue and white...it looked like they borrowed North Carolina's helmets instead. And I had to squint to see the Tulsa script. Clearly they didn't think this one through all the way. :therock:

Screen-shot-2011-10-22-at-7.57.20-PM-300x291.png

Yamma Hamma!

Must be time to go bowling.

Screen-shot-2011-10-22-at-7.57.20-PM-300x291.png

Yamma Hamma!

What were the people designing that thinking, drinking, smoking, etc, when they came up with that, um, putrid design?

If you stare hard enough... you see a 3D image of the smallest school by undergraduate enrollment in D1 FBS.

Or you give yourself cateracts. Maybe both.

Yuck. Whole words on helmets is/are awful. I don't know why teams think it looks good. Even Texas Christian putting TCU is a bit much. I don't mind a singular letter - although I think a single letter works better for baseball - but multiple letters or words just doesn't look right. I guess Oklahoma could be the exception.

Reminds me of a Magic Eye poster

seahorse.jpg

Wow, it's a schooner.

Yuck. Whole words on helmets is/are awful. I don't know why teams think it looks good. Even Texas Christian putting TCU is a bit much. I don't mind a singular letter - although I think a single letter works better for baseball - but multiple letters or words just doesn't look right. I guess Oklahoma could be the exception.

What? I have never heard anyone complain about Illinois, the old Giants' helmet, WSU's "Cougars" script, UCLA,

the Jets, Florida, etc. I think a "full word" is fine if done in a legible font at a reasonable size.

The problems with this helmet have nothing to do with the word Tulsa and everything to do with the wacky background and the huge size of the logo.

If you stare at it long enough the "Tulsa" script will do a barrel roll.

I actually like it. It's refreshing to see a helmet that is trying to be modern without using black, matte, or both.