Some NHL Concepts (feedback needed)

OhioSportsMan61

The waist and pant stripes are waaaayyyyy too thin. Honestly, you should just ditch the idea of a black jersey altogether because there's no way to fix the abomination they have now. Unless your intent was to stay with what they have and try to make it look decent. In that case, take my C&C mentioned before.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The waist and pant stripes are waaaayyyyy too thin. Honestly, you should just ditch the idea of a black jersey altogether because there's no way to fix the abomination they have now. Unless your intent was to stay with what they have and try to make it look decent. In that case, take my C&C mentioned before.

yup, thats what i was going for. i honestly think that a black isles jersey could have potential, but they completely botched a great opportunity. here is an update!

islesfull_edited-2.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Much better with the thicker hem stripes, but the pants would probably be better with either no stripes or some blue added. Also I think the outlines on the shoulder patch could be thicker.

This is already much better than what the Islanders did.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Also I like that you brought back the flaming horse. A logo many love to hate, but I think it looks great

Agreed.

While it never worked as a main crest, it looked great on the shoulders and added some much needed yellow to the overall look. Works well on this alternate too.

You mispelled Ovechkin on your All star jersey. Just don't want you to submit it into a contest like that. Nice job on those.

Not a fan of the Isles in black period, but this is way better than the piece of trash they unveiled.

On that note, it boggles my mind how teams pay millions and millions to design firms or whoever, to come up with in some cases- (*cough* Isles, Panthers alt, etc *cough*)- total pieces of crap. All they have to do is scour a message board such as this, and see many concepts light years ahead of the stuff they eventually end up with.

sig.png

in the same gentle correction direction of tigerslionspistonshabs, kyle okposo is number 21. just FYI.

as far as my C&C on the isles black jersey, i would love to see how that jersey would look if you played with the colors on the crest a little bit. i'm thinking either white out everything but the blue background or maybe just eliminate the white and go for a different looking orange and blue? i don't know. i just think the colors on the circular crest look weird against a black jersey.

sig2024.png

• 2 weeks later...

^Post that in the concepts section. It's actually not a bad start. Just change the font; it's the same as the Canucks.

I would post it in its own thread, but I can't start one for some reason! I was going to change the font, I didn't like it anyway.

You have to post one or two more times before you have the ability to start your own thread.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

^Post that in the concepts section. It's actually not a bad start. Just change the font; it's the same as the Canucks.

I would post it in its own thread, but I can't start one for some reason! I was going to change the font, I didn't like it anyway.

You have to post one or two more times before you have the ability to start your own thread.

Ohhhhhhhhhh! Ok thanks!

New Avs is AMAZING! :notworthy:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived