OhioSportsMan61

Some NHL Concepts (feedback needed)

Blues:

bluesalt.png

this is based off of Ryan from HJC winning entry into the blues redesign competition. with his permission, i went ahead and made some alterations to the alternate sweater. i really think that set is what the blues should be wearing right now (great job ryan).

RyanHJC.png

The primaries are perfect, but the alt needs a lot of work.

• That number font isn't working
  • The arched wordmark was never a good look
  • The note should be light blue because as of now, it's invisible
  • Make the hem stripes thicker and make them straight

Edited by BigBubba

• The arched wordmark was never a good look (if you really want to do it, at least switch the font)
  • Make the collar yellow
  • I'm not sure if that's supposed to be yellow piping or not, but if it is, ditch it

I think you might be talking about Ryan's concept, which OhioSportsMan61 based his concept off of. But I don't really think any of those changes you suggested would be an improvement.

Also OhioSportsMan61, I really like the hidden Gateway Arch on the back of the jersey.

• The arched wordmark was never a good look (if you really want to do it, at least switch the font)
  • Make the collar yellow
  • I'm not sure if that's supposed to be yellow piping or not, but if it is, ditch it

I think you might be talking about Ryan's concept, which OhioSportsMan61 based his concept off of. But I don't really think any of those changes you suggested would be an improvement.

Also OhioSportsMan61, I really like the hidden Gateway Arch on the back of the jersey.

yep, he must not have read the part in my post where i said it was based off of ryan's third. my concept is the first one posted, and ryan's is the second one.

Nonetheless, I still stand by my first 4 points. Hockey stripes were meant to be straight. I still don't like the number font, and the note on the front is near invisible. Also, Blues fans hate how the current navy thirds doesn't have yellow numbers, which is another point. I actually don't see how any of these wouldn't be an improvement.

I respect you opinion, but this is why I think the concept works the way it is.

-I think the number font is unique and works well for this concept. It's just for an alternative jersey, why not try something different.

-This might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like arched wordmarks, espicially on a team like St. Louis, that doesn't have a lot of logos that work as primaries.

-If the note was light blue it would stick out like a sore thumb. There's no light blue anywhere else on the jersey, so in my opinion it wouldn't match the jersey at all.

-Also I don't think all hockey jersey need traditional hem-stripes (also probably an unpopular opinion). I think the thin curved striping looks very good on this concept.

One minor change I would suggest would be to remove the yellow at the very end of the sleeves. I don't think it works on the concept.

Looks great aside from the pit stains. I like the honeycomb pattern.

I lurk a lot, don't post much. But I've gotta say that I love most of what you're putting out there. There aren't a lot of current jerseys I don't like, and I think most of your work would actually improve most teams. Great job!

here is my Sarnia Sting third jersey contest entry...C&C always welcome

Sting:

stingfull_edited-1.png

Very nice look. I would prefer using a yellow helmet instead of a black one.

here is my Sarnia Sting third jersey contest entry...C&C always welcome

Sting:

stingfull_edited-1.png

If Hamilton ever got an NHL team, I would go with this look, minus the armpit trimming. I would go with "Steelers" because Hamilton is Canada's Steel City. The silver with the yellow and black is a nice touch.

I cannot do one, but if someone likes the idea of the "Hamilton Steelers", I would love to see a concept!

This looks great! I would however, ditch the pit stains. Keep the black helmet, because a yellow helmet would look extremely odd and with the exception of white helmets, the pants should always match the helmet.

sorry its been over a month since anything new has been posted...i just havent had any time lately and i dont see that changing.

anyways, here is a jets concept. it is loosely based off of one Tim E. created on his website (similar striping/pants) but i put my own touches on it.

jetsfull1_edited-1.png

C&C?

I'm really digging the striping patters and the Jet streak down the pants. I would suggest adding red to the collar and something to the waist, as it's rather plain as it. Good work, though.

I don't really like those pant-stripes, especially with the jet red when it's normally silver. I also think it needs something at the hem, it's just too much blue the way it is.

Other than that it's really good.

This doesn't address the problem with the non-contrasting logo.. and why no hem stripes?

Wow, this is really damn close to my concept, haha.

That being said, obviously I like it, haha. I think the contrail leaving the wings not just the tail on the pants striping is an improvement on my concept, but I agree that the hem needs something.

Also, I still think those actual Jets logos suck, i like my red-jets much better, but they even still could use some tweaking.

Good work, but keep playing with these.

well, again its been a while. i know i did not update the jets, just havent had the time.

anyways,

ive had this idea in my head ever since Tim E came up with his rebrand of the CBJ a few months ago, but i finally put it all together today in a concept, so here goes nothing. i give to you, the new and improved.......

Columbus Generals

generalsHome_edited-1.png

generalsAway_edited-1.png

generalsThird_edited-1.png

c&c always welcome, but dont expect any, if at all, changes because of how little time i have to work on this kind of fun stuff.

-credit Tim E with the original shoulder patches