Some NHL Concepts (feedback needed)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The primaries are perfect, but the alt needs a lot of work.

• That number font isn't working
  • The arched wordmark was never a good look
  • The note should be light blue because as of now, it's invisible
  • Make the hem stripes thicker and make them straight

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• The arched wordmark was never a good look (if you really want to do it, at least switch the font)
  • Make the collar yellow
  • I'm not sure if that's supposed to be yellow piping or not, but if it is, ditch it

I think you might be talking about Ryan's concept, which OhioSportsMan61 based his concept off of. But I don't really think any of those changes you suggested would be an improvement.

Also OhioSportsMan61, I really like the hidden Gateway Arch on the back of the jersey.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

• The arched wordmark was never a good look (if you really want to do it, at least switch the font)
  • Make the collar yellow
  • I'm not sure if that's supposed to be yellow piping or not, but if it is, ditch it

I think you might be talking about Ryan's concept, which OhioSportsMan61 based his concept off of. But I don't really think any of those changes you suggested would be an improvement.

Also OhioSportsMan61, I really like the hidden Gateway Arch on the back of the jersey.

yep, he must not have read the part in my post where i said it was based off of ryan's third. my concept is the first one posted, and ryan's is the second one.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Nonetheless, I still stand by my first 4 points. Hockey stripes were meant to be straight. I still don't like the number font, and the note on the front is near invisible. Also, Blues fans hate how the current navy thirds doesn't have yellow numbers, which is another point. I actually don't see how any of these wouldn't be an improvement.

I respect you opinion, but this is why I think the concept works the way it is.

-I think the number font is unique and works well for this concept. It's just for an alternative jersey, why not try something different.

-This might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like arched wordmarks, espicially on a team like St. Louis, that doesn't have a lot of logos that work as primaries.

-If the note was light blue it would stick out like a sore thumb. There's no light blue anywhere else on the jersey, so in my opinion it wouldn't match the jersey at all.

-Also I don't think all hockey jersey need traditional hem-stripes (also probably an unpopular opinion). I think the thin curved striping looks very good on this concept.

One minor change I would suggest would be to remove the yellow at the very end of the sleeves. I don't think it works on the concept.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

• 2 weeks later...

here is my Sarnia Sting third jersey contest entry...C&C always welcome

Sting:

stingfull_edited-1.png

If Hamilton ever got an NHL team, I would go with this look, minus the armpit trimming. I would go with "Steelers" because Hamilton is Canada's Steel City. The silver with the yellow and black is a nice touch.

I cannot do one, but if someone likes the idea of the "Hamilton Steelers", I would love to see a concept!

This looks great! I would however, ditch the pit stains. Keep the black helmet, because a yellow helmet would look extremely odd and with the exception of white helmets, the pants should always match the helmet.

• 1 month later...

sorry its been over a month since anything new has been posted...i just havent had any time lately and i dont see that changing.

anyways, here is a jets concept. it is loosely based off of one Tim E. created on his website (similar striping/pants) but i put my own touches on it.

jetsfull1_edited-1.png

C&C?

2LYbxnm.png

I'm really digging the striping patters and the Jet streak down the pants. I would suggest adding red to the collar and something to the waist, as it's rather plain as it. Good work, though.

Wow, this is really damn close to my concept, haha.

That being said, obviously I like it, haha. I think the contrail leaving the wings not just the tail on the pants striping is an improvement on my concept, but I agree that the hem needs something.

Also, I still think those actual Jets logos suck, i like my red-jets much better, but they even still could use some tweaking.

Good work, but keep playing with these.

• 3 weeks later...

well, again its been a while. i know i did not update the jets, just havent had the time.

anyways,

ive had this idea in my head ever since Tim E came up with his rebrand of the CBJ a few months ago, but i finally put it all together today in a concept, so here goes nothing. i give to you, the new and improved.......

Columbus Generals

generalsHome_edited-1.png

generalsAway_edited-1.png

generalsThird_edited-1.png

c&c always welcome, but dont expect any, if at all, changes because of how little time i have to work on this kind of fun stuff.

-credit Tim E with the original shoulder patches

2LYbxnm.png

Archived