Some NHL Concepts (feedback needed)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panthers:

homeful.png

awayful_edited-1.png

can i still get some c&c on the sens set, as well as this? dallas is next. still taking requests for the next team i do!

The red Panthers jersey is almost identical to a concept I recently made and sent to HJC (hasn't been posted yet)

This proves it only takes common sense sometimes to make a jersey. The people who designed the current Panthers jerseys(and the ones prior with the vertical piping) were completely over thinking it. 90% of the time simple jerseys work best.

These teams get a round table of executives to get their opinion on what the jersey should look like, instead of just letting the graphic designer do his job.

The Sens got it perfect with these, and have been downhill from there. It't funny how simply going back to older unis is a great concept for a lot of teams.

Request,

Can you make a Penguins jersey based on this one?

xYKov.gif

If not, I'll request the Nordiques. :)

The Sens got it perfect with these, and have been downhill from there. It't funny how simply going back to older unis is a great concept for a lot of teams.

Request,

Can you make a Penguins jersey based on this one?

xYKov.gif

If not, I'll request the Nordiques. :)

i will try my best!

thanks for all of the feedback guys. and ya, its really funny how the older jerseys are most of the time better than current ones. it really doesnt take a rocket scientist to come up with a nice clean design.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Best Stars concept EVER

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Alt is a little odd, because of the different shade of gold, and the fact that there's black when there's no black on the home or away uniforms. Is it meant to be a "throwback" of sorts?

alternates are supposed to be DIFFERENT. i hate it how some nhl teams just use for for the sake of black, or just recolor one of their other jerseys claiming it as an alternate. it is supposed to be unique from the set, so i decided to use a different shade of gold, and also black - which does not appear at all in the set until the alternate. just my reasoning for the alt. i originally wanted to do a black alt, but i ended up coming right back to green.

any other suggestions/requests for the next team i do?

2LYbxnm.png

You left some red in the collar insert on the home jersey. I agree that the Stars could adopt an old Iowa Stars template and look great. Maybe no laces though. It just seems like laces for the sake of laces.

Great looking concepts! I think the 3rd is perfect, but as stated above I think the gold should be the same as what is used on your home and road concepts.

You left some red in the collar insert on the home jersey. I agree that the Stars could adopt an old Iowa Stars template and look great. Maybe no laces though. It just seems like laces for the sake of laces.

Great looking concepts! I think the 3rd is perfect, but as stated above I think the gold should be the same as what is used on your home and road concepts.

wow thanks ryan for pointing that out! i swear i fixed that...it must not have saved haha.

anyways, i think im going to put up a fixed version of this set. also on the alt, should i flip flop the black and green?

edit - home is now fixed. after playing with the alt, im deciding to leave the different shade of gold and black because of what i said earlier. alternates are supposed to be a "change in pace". any other suggestions? would you guys rather see a black version of the alt?

2LYbxnm.png

The Alt is a little odd, because of the different shade of gold, and the fact that there's black when there's no black on the home or away uniforms. Is it meant to be a "throwback" of sorts?

alternates are supposed to be DIFFERENT. i hate it how some nhl teams just use for for the sake of black, or just recolor one of their other jerseys claiming it as an alternate. it is supposed to be unique from the set, so i decided to use a different shade of gold, and also black - which does not appear at all in the set until the alternate. just my reasoning for the alt. i originally wanted to do a black alt, but i ended up coming right back to green.

Sorry if I offended you or something. In my opinion, an alternate that uses different shades of a team's colors than the regular jerseys just feels out of place. that's just the way I feel. I think the best alts are ones that manage to be distinctive from the regular jerseys while staying true to the team's identity and colors. You obviously have a different philosophy, and that's okay.

And I would like to see your take on the Penguins. You've got some skills and the Pens need some work. I think you're up to the task.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

Sorry if I offended you or something. In my opinion, an alternate that uses different shades of a team's colors than the regular jerseys just feels out of place. that's just the way I feel. I think the best alts are ones that manage to be distinctive from the regular jerseys while staying true to the team's identity and colors. You obviously have a different philosophy, and that's okay.

And I would like to see your take on the Penguins. You've got some skills and the Pens need some work. I think you're up to the task.

hahah you didnt offend me at all! lol penguins it is. i already had an idea for them that is loosely based off of my pirates concept (since that was sorta based off of this: 1992-95 unis.

2LYbxnm.png

Archived