OhioSportsMan61

Some NHL Concepts (feedback needed)

thanks for all of the great feedback guys! ill consider making a matching road for it sometime in the future...but for now, i have another concept that is ready to post, but ill put it up sometime tomorrow. (predators are next)

That Avs jersey is sick! :jawdrop: Make a matching road and send it in to HJC!

Who/What is HJC?

That Avs jersey is sick! :jawdrop: Make a matching road and send it in to HJC!

Who/What is HJC?

Meet HJC

I've never been a fan of the 3D Predator logo, but like what you've done with the jerseys. (No piping!)

Did you try it with the regular logo? Or just not a fan of it?

Yes!

Losing the silver on the latest redesign was a huge mistake, as was putting the shoulder patch on just one shoulder. The only thing bothering me is the pit stains.

I've never been a fan of the 3D Predator logo, but like what you've done with the jerseys. (No piping!)

Did you try it with the regular logo? Or just not a fan of it?

yes, i am actually not a big fan of their new logo...just seems too cartoonish and not very intimidating like their previous alternate logo.

Yes!

Losing the silver on the latest redesign was a huge mistake, as was putting the shoulder patch on just one shoulder. The only thing bothering me is the pit stains.

i completely agree about the shoulder patches and silver! i actually added the pit stains tho because this is sort of a mashup between their original alt, the alt from last year and what they wear now, and i think the extra navy adds a little more life to the jersey.

anyways, what would you guys think of promoting this as a home and me creating a matching away?

its a great jersey and I have a great idea for your next designs. Next year's winter classic is supposed to be held in Detroit apparently. what if you did a winter classic jersey for Detroit and Toronto. I think you could do something great with the leafs history.

ill consider it...that actually may be a cool project to work on.

away version of the preds is done, now i am working on an alt, then ill post all of them together!

here are four new concepts ive put together and have sent them into different websites. hope you guys enjoy!

C&C always welcome

Wild:

this was my entry for HJC's winter classic concept. i wanted to keep an "old school" feel to it, but not stray too far away from their current identity.

wc2.png

Lightning:

with a new team identity, comes a new alternate! i love their new look, but i absolutely hate their current alternate. i wanted to keep the black though, because i personally think it makes the jersey pop out more.

TBL_edited-1.png

Bruins:

this was already posted on HJC, but i figured id post it here. this is a concept based off of the 1932 uniforms that could possible be used as an alternate/throwback.

bruinsalt_edited-1.png

Cool!

Blue Jackets:

for the jackets, i originally wanted to 'fix' their current alternate. i dont really like the use of vintage white on it, or the yokes for that matter. i think this turned out pretty well, so i may go back and make a matching white! no red necessary, after all, they are called the BLUE jackets. i know i know, the ohio flag has red in it, but i think that the little amount of red used compliments the blue just like the jets uniforms.

cbjfixedalt_edited-1.png

enjoy!

sorry it took so long, but here is an away version of the nashville jersey. im working on the alternate right now, so it will be posted once its done. C&C always welcome

Predators:

prdsful.png

prdsfulaway.png

I am astounded at how good this set looks. Still not sold on the pit stains but they hardly detract from the overall quality. Using the 3-dimensional logo from the old mustard jersey was a great idea. People may complain that the crest has two many colours or is too "cartoon-ish" but lets be frank. This is Nashville! They should have a cartoony overly detailed logo!

Anyhow, excellent work. Looking forward to the next addition to this series.

I find there isn't enough yellow on the road jersey. It's like the Devils jerseys, where the home is red but the road has more black than red. Switch the yellow and silver parts and that might help.

can you try an use the new logo on the preds? it is way better! im sorry but 3-d logos look too detailed for a jersey.

can you try an use the new logo on the preds? it is way better! im sorry but 3-d logos look too detailed for a jersey.

no, im not going to put a new logo on it. i personally hate they other logo, and found this one to fit perfectly with this concept.

anyways, im still trying to come up with an idea for a third, but if i cant come up with anything, i think my next part in this series will be a winter classic concept, but no promises

Nice job. I'm also not in that logo's fan club, but it seems like just a matter of preference between the two. Excellent work regardless.

sorry its been so long, everybody. the past few weeks and this next one have and will be very hectic for me, so theres a good chance i may not be able to get another concept up here for another week or two.

as promised, 2013 Winter Classic:

Red Wings:

wingsfuo.png

Maple Leafs

leafsfuo_edited-2.png