Some NHL Concepts (feedback needed)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loathe vintage white, but combined with the maroon/dull red, it looks fantastic on the Wings. And as a Leafs fan, that jersey looks great, but in real life, they'd never adopt it because it symbolizes the Ballard years - the darkest period in team history. But as a concept, it's looking good.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm probably starting a train of similar comments (starting with this one and ending with the last WC concept that does so), but WHY vintage white? The Wings are one team that I can say with certainty would not do anything like that to dilute their brand. You saw it in Chicago, they jumped on the bandwagon, but Detroit stayed clean. The Wings keep their look clean, which IMO includes the colors used on the uniforms. They're one of (I believe) only two teams in the entire league that do not have alternates-- and I think that's for a good reason.

I get that the vintage white looks "old" and it fits for this type of game, but I think it's one of those things that both teams will probably scoff at, and keep their looks relatively clean (because they have really never had a uniform that was too busy, or strayed from red/white or blue/white. I'll be shocked if vintage white makes it onto a Wings uniform.

That being said, the colors do work well the way you have them, It just feels like a Minnesota Wild alt and not a Red Wings jersey to me. The Leafs look is good, safe, and clean. I think they have a lot of history you can draw from to make something a little more 'fun'.

yes

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

yes

huh? keep the c&c comin tho!

anyways, i have an idea. what would you guys think of an original 6 mini series?

i meant yes as in i like the update. i love the red wings jersey.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

for my 'original 6 mini series', i have a vision that i am going to hopefully follow. these will all be modern uniforms with a vintage feel to them. they will not be exact throwbacks, but may resemble a few different eras of unis worn by each team. these uniforms will take over as the primary home and roads (alts?) for a season. what do you guys think of this?

maybe next, ill do an expansion series with the 6 newest franchises (i think its tampa, florida, nashville, atlanta, cbus and minny), but lets get through this one first!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

update on the wings looks fantastic. I don't mind the vintage white since you have a "vintage" red. Although, and this may be my monitor, but the vintage white is just a tad too dark for my tastes. It'd be better lighter. And as a side note, Chicago worked the vintage white because the jersey they based the WC off of was actually that color.

Original 6 series = :winner:

The angled-squares third jersey sleeve stripes are going to be a complete mess when they meet on the side. Whatever shape they make will be random and detract from the overall product.

You also might as well fix the third jersey's biggest issue: black and gray square flags make no sense. Keep the red and black hurricane flag stripe there, and make the red stripe silver. It'll pop a lot more anyways.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I agree with hockey week. Make the stripes straight (horizontal if they were down) and make the flag pattern design on the alt the same as the primaries because that's what a hurricane flag acyually looks like.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You saw it in Chicago, they jumped on the bandwagon, but Detroit stayed clean.

Except that beige was a color on old Black Hawks sweaters and not a "vintage white" affectation, but thanks anyway! :)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived