fishheatcats vs. The NHL

fishheatcats

The logo is great. The jerseys are sleeve-stripes away from being awesome, but I absolutely hate the colors.

It's earth tones for a team named the Stars.

Personally, I refuse to put green and brown together simply because of the bathroom humor associated with it.

And really, it doesn't look that good together.

Make it black with the green lighter, and you have as winner.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hate just about every stars concept that anyone makes... especially those that try to come up with a new logo or new colors.

that said, i really like this one. i'd buy the brown jersey in a split second. the colors are unique and pretty cool.

Love the use of Kelly Green which hasn't seen action on a Stars jersey, North or otherwise, since 1994. That being said losing the Gold is a big mistake. It's a huge part of what made the Stars unique (Before they adopted long sleeved Basketball jerseys that is).

You've got immense talent. Just put the chevrons on the sleeves too and this is a great look.

You know, I kind of like how the sleeves have nothing but the numbers. It's something different, and I think the stars are one of the few teams that can pull it off.

I gotta admit...brown and green is something I've hardly ever seen, or at least ever seen used well. But I think you did a great job with them here, although you could probably lighten the green up just a tad. No complaints about the logos either except for the small serif on the S's in STARS are bothering me. Just a nitpick.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Your Ducks concept is sweet. Your Kings concept comes close but, as others here have pointed out, doesn't quite hit the mark.

As for the Stars concept, if you really want to distance them from the North Stars, you should give the unis more of a Texas/Southwestern feel (by using Old Western letter/number fonts, for example). As it is, your Stars jerseys seem kind of generic, which is the same problem the actual Stars jerseys have always had. Even their best look, the star-outline jerseys they wore in their Cup season, didn't exactly scream "Texas" to me.

CCSLC signature.png

Your Ducks concept is sweet. Your Kings concept comes close but, as others here have pointed out, doesn't quite hit the mark.

As for the Stars concept, if you really want to distance them from the North Stars, you should give the unis more of a Texas/Southwestern feel (by using Old Western letter/number fonts, for example). As it is, your Stars jerseys seem kind of generic, which is the same problem the actual Stars jerseys have always had. Even their best look, the star-outline jerseys they wore in their Cup season, didn't exactly scream "Texas" to me.

i appreciate that the stars don't shove "we're from texas!" down our throats every game like some texas sports teams.

why do the stars have to "scream texas"? do the bruins scream massachusetts? do the pens or flyers scream pennsylvania? or the flames alberta? the hurricanes scream hurricane, and not north carolina.

that's a good thing. this isn't the WPHL. we don't need revolvers and cow skulls and chili peppers all over our uniforms to remind everyone that we're in texas. the stars are the only dallas sports team that doesn't play up the western imagery, and that may actually subconsciously be the reason they're the only local team i support.

i appreciate that the stars don't shove "we're from texas!" down our throats every game like some texas sports teams.

why do the stars have to "scream texas"? do the bruins scream massachusetts? do the pens or flyers scream pennsylvania? or the flames alberta? the hurricanes scream hurricane, and not north carolina.

that's a good thing. this isn't the WPHL. we don't need revolvers and cow skulls and chili peppers all over our uniforms to remind everyone that we're in texas. the stars are the only dallas sports team that doesn't play up the western imagery, and that may actually subconsciously be the reason they're the only local team i support.

Could not agree more with this statement. The Stars had the perfect look in 1993/94 and it didn't need to resort to cliche'd imagery. The State outline on the shoulder patches was more than sufficient.

::: UPDATE :::

Thanks for the compliments guys. Appreciate it :grin:

Okay, so based on the response, I swapped the logos, the mask is now the primary crest and the full body duck is the sleeve patch/alternate. Also, a minor detail I missed in the original post, I made the full body duck face forwards on both sleeves.

mdav2.png

Anaheim Ducks

Excellent choice in changing to the secondary logo as the main logo. This rebrand is awesome in every way possible. Those colors just pop and make this an awesome set. Great job.

L.A. Kings

That crown looks awesome, but the yellow and purple just does not mesh well. That combo just hurts my eyes. I would prefer to see purple, silver, and black in the Kings personally. I believe that a name should mean a lot in terms of color. For instance, purple = royalty and nobility; silver = security and intelligence; black = power, fear, and wealth which would make those colors scheme be perfect for a team named the Kings......yellow = joy, happiness, optimism, idealism, gold, dishonesty, cowardice, deceit, illness, and hazard which are not great signs for a professional sports team unless your the Steelers.

Dallas Stars

Nice job, but I am impartial to the stars uniforms because the best set they ever had was when they used the star as the striping on their jersey IMO.

spacer.png

Archived