Don takes on MLB

Don_Kay

Braves:

Love it! I like how it matches the Falcons' and Hawks' colours, much like the Isles, Knicks, and Mets. A good way to ditch that RWB generic nonesense.

BoSox:

That cap logo is too big, but I love the green alt.

Blue Jays:

I'd make just the front panel white, bot other than that, amazing job! I'm not really sold on the black, mostly because of the atrocious 2004-2011 memories it brings back. A blue alt would suffice. Also, since it's a buttoned-down jersey, the logo would best be on the left side (our right; the wearer's left), much like the 89-03 sets.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the Braves set. Like other have mentioned, it's cool that it matches the Falcons (though it definitely only shares one color with the Hawks, odd that folks are mentioning them as well).

The Jays set is pretty nice, too, though I can't decide how I feel about the black alt.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

For the Red Sox home whites, put red piping on the front of the jersey that runs between the "red" and "sox". Other than that good work. Also to others posting in this thread, the Atlanta Hawks DO NOT currently wear black and red, they wear navy and red.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I have updated the Phillies and Red Sox with minor changes.

Yeah, the Atlanta colours came from a desire to lessen RWB, league wide, black as many have pointed out was a natural fit.

Where the was navy there is gold, where there was gold there is white for Anaheim. I also simplified the wordmarks slightly. Now with curved wordmarks

Angels 1st

anaheimpresent.jpg

I admire the outside-of-the box approach with the Astros, but that pattern doesn't really work full-time. As an alternate, it wouldn't look too bad, but is a bit too much for a full-time uni.

Oh, and that away is gorgeous.

The Brewers look perfect. love the shoulder/sleeve stripe

+1. I think the home could benefit from having a number on the front, but everything else is fine. That gold alt is teriffic.

Love the Brewers, love the ball in glove logo. The only thing is, after seeing your Royals concept, I think that one was the far superior blue/ yellow combo. Maybe make the Brew Crew a little more golden then yellow. Just a thought, awesome work once again!

DLWatt.png

@DL Watt, I haven't done a Royals concept yet, but In doing the Brewers I made the choice of which team should have gold in the colours and the Royals nick seems to suit the colour more.

The Yankees, I standardized the monograms, added their primary logo to the sleeves, made a new script for their away uniforms and created a 'midnight' alternate (would most likely be a batting practice uniform).

The shirts would also be buttoned form the inside in a more tailored cut.

yankeespresent.jpg

Archived