Orioles 2012 Changes

Bill813

No more O's cap(except on the new cartoon bird), I hated that hat.

I'm not sure that's true. From the accompanying article --

There will be two versions of the new cartoon bird (which will be on the players' hats for every game except when they wear alternate road jerseys), home and away, and those changes will also be made to the team's batting helmets.

Presumably, that means the O's cap would still be worn with the road alt (which is still apparently the black jersey).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No more O's cap(except on the new cartoon bird), I hated that hat.

As did I, which is why I'm very disappointed to see it remain on the logo.

pMLB2-11543488dt.jpg

Even a 1960s block "B" would have been worlds better than a silly alt cap they no longer wear. At least that would have repped the city.

And they didn't even bother to use white stitching around the edge of the white panel. They used every inch of their dollar store craftsmanship by using black stitching instead. :censored: Some heads are gonna roll.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

- Orange alt is a beauty.

- White-paneled caps are... meh. If the fans love 'em, great. If they get dropped in favor of wearing the solid black crown full-time, great.

- I'll like the white-paneled caps more if New Era's taken the trouble to put matching stitching around the panel, rather than ugly it up with black stitching because that's cheaper and easier to do on a hat they charge 35 freaking dollars for. EDIT: New Era, you lazy, corner-cutting bunch of :censored: s. God, that looks like crap, especially where the stitching overlaps.

- The "Baltimore" script still seems unusually compressed toward the end, and now there's a huge gap between the "l" and the "t", unless that's just a manufacturing error on the one jersey.

- Now would have been a fine time to add a white outline to the black alternates.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wow! Perfect. And I mean perfect. When I think of the glory of the Orioles, it's a white panel cap with the cartoon bird logo and orange lettering on the uniforms. The Baltimore script and orange alt are toppings on the ice cream. They should lock this look in for 50 years. This is their identity.

Everyone loves a roundel.

I guess the 2010s will have some 1980s to it...I'm going to have to wait it out...front panel caps. This is obviously not going to be all we see of it. I am not surprised, judging by the fashion caps I see at ballparks.

As for the cartoon bird...I don't get it. The love for that logo is probably the single thing that surprises me most about this place. I guess it shows how much (and by that I mean almost everyone except me) like animal head logos better than animal body logos.

Their first look after the dumping the cartoon bird will always be my favorite...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 11/15/2011 at 8:48 AM, Gothamite said:

Very cool - thanks.

The beak looks very strange blending into the keyline:

The cap doesn't have this problem, since the stitching creates a distinct beak:

I remember when there was a Georgia Bulldog fashion cap; an upclose shot of a bulldog head wearing a Georgia hat. We all mocked it; "a hat on a hat". Yet we all love this.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm diggin' just about everything in this change. A couple minor things could be fixed...but I love the white-panels, the orange alts, and cartoon bird. No serious complaints here.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Love it

Love it

LOVE IT!!!

The Orioles 'cartoon bird' dates back to the relocation of the franchise in 1954, and while I'm by no means an Orioles fan, I always loved the caps/uniforms from the late 70's/early 80's. The team never got an ornithologically (sp?) correct Oriole quite right, so I'm glad to see it gone.

Long live the toony bird!

nav-logo.png

Wow! Perfect. And I mean perfect. When I think of the glory of the Orioles, it's a white panel cap with the cartoon bird logo and orange lettering on the uniforms. The Baltimore script and orange alt are toppings on the ice cream. They should lock this look in for 50 years. This is their identity.

I echo this 100%. Just have to update the swinging cartoon bird for a new primary.

VmWIn6B.png

pMLB2-5441477dt.jpg

That gap is an eyesore.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived