Orioles 2012 Changes

Bill813

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not totally against the white-panel caps but, if it were my choice, the all-black crown would be the only cap they'd wear.

The O's cap just doesn't cut it with me.

But other than that, very solid move by the warehousers. No need to tweak much else for quite a while.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

The road unis were even better:

p795711reg.jpg

Powder blue roads make almost any baseball uniform set look good.

No.

No no no no no.

No.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

To those who don't like the gap on the road grays between "Bal" and the rest of the name, take a look at the gap between "Ori" and the rest of that word.

This is why I like pullovers better than button-down jerseys. The buttons, while "classy" and "traditional", interfere with almost every team's design and leads to either an ugly double-vision effect on part of the script or an obnoxiously-long gap between letters. Of course, the Orioles didn't have those problems back in the day.

mn-or76a22.gif

Just to connect a gap is not enough reason to bring back the hideous and dated pullovers.

How exactly are pullover shorts "dated?" Shirts with buttons are "dated," too.

p795711reg.jpg

Powder blue didn't really work with the Cardinals, but I do like the overall look. Would have been perfect for a "blue" team like the Dodgers or Royals.

They're dated because they don't look like they fit anywhere but that period they were worn. That's not the case with button ups. They just look like how a jersey should, regardless of what time.

Disagree completely. Beyond the older logos, I could see teams still wearing pullovers, with just updated logos/scripts.

In fact, if I didn't follow baseball that closely, I wouldn't have even known what "era" those were worn, only because they don't appear to be dated to me.

Who said pullovers have to be hideous or dated? Quite a few teams managed to pull off classy looks in the pullover era.

MLB_Boston_Red_Sox_Authentic_1975_Bill_Lee_Home_37_White_Jersey.jpg

Cincinnati%20Reds%20Authentic%201975%20Johnny%20Bench%20Home%20Jersey%20by%20Mitchell%20&%20Ness.jpg

cardinals-012.jpg

All pullovers = dated.

The Red Sox and Cardinals should never wear pull-overs full time. Never.

However, this is kind of hypocritical of me, but the Reds just look so much better in pull-overs. I love their 70's look. Love it.

Button-up = Major League

Pullover = Little League.

lol, dark colored softball jerseys are more "little league" than classic pullovers.

No such thing as a classic pullover. But you are correct that colored jerseys look like amateurish if worn frequently, especially if they don't have piping to distinguish them from a batting practice or little league pullover jersey.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

On 11/16/2011 at 3:11 PM, Lights Out said:

Who said pullovers have to be hideous or dated? Quite a few teams managed to pull off classy looks in the pullover era.

I grew up in the pullover era of the 1980s. Thankfully the Red Sox had come back to their senses.

While some teams did OK with pullovers, including some historic teams (Pirates, the above Cards example), that Red Sox jersey is about the best example of a terrible pullover. They dumped something iconic to jump on the elastic bandwagon...ugh.

Buttons definitely are more major league imo. Even those teams that did OK with pullovers would have been better with buttons.

Fear not though, pullover fans...with white panel caps coming back, someone is going to introduce a pullover soon.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

p795711reg.jpg

No.

No no no no no.

No.

Well, how about if they were to put numbers on both sleeves?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I actually own a M&N 1975 Carlton Fisk pullover. But it is not because I'm a fan of the pulloevr style. Much more sentimental reasons.

That said, button down tops typify the classic look of a baseball team. Pullovers were a design fad. And when adapted to the modern uniform cut and desires of today's players (mostly oversized and baggy), the ugliness of the pullover look is exacerbated greatly.

patriotssignature.png

ray-rice-in-os-hat.jpg

Ravens' RB Ray Rice in the new O's cap, which is apparently becoming quickly popular......

Link

BTW, is it just me, or does it look like the stitching inside the white panel is white instead of black in this pic?

Judging by the fit of that cap, I am guessing it's not a new one, but an American Needle throwback. Unlike New Era, they dont use black stitching over white to save 3 cents.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

ray-rice-in-os-hat.jpg

Ravens' RB Ray Rice in the new O's cap, which is apparently becoming quickly popular......

Link

BTW, is it just me, or does it look like the stitching inside the white panel is white instead of black in this pic?

Judging by the fit of that cap, I am guessing it's not a new one, but an American Needle throwback. Unlike New Era, they dont use black stitching over white to save 3 cents.

Now that you mention it, I notice the underbill is orange......yea, it's a replica. I can't wait to go get my authentic, though

p795711reg.jpg

No.

No no no no no.

No.

Well, how about if they were to put numbers on both sleeves?

I'mma hafta hurtcha.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived