Orioles 2012 Changes

Bill813

Somebody's concept of possible 2012 caps from the Orioles hangout. All I can say is "Please God, no!"...

2012caps.jpg

"This image or video has been moved or deleted."

That didn't take long...

Good Lord, I hope that wasn't an ominous sign, meaning that those were the actual caps! I'll say it again, please God, NO!.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trevell will find this extra intriguing...

In the Baltimore Sun's photo gallery recounting the past Oriole Glove Winners, I found the pictures below. I assume Luis Aparicio's picture (left) to be from 1966, Paul Blair's (center) from 1975, and Bobby Grich's (right) from 1976.

aparicio66.pngblair75.pnggrich7576.png

More photos can be found here.

I love the Aparicio cap, it's honestly one of my favorite in baseball. I've never been a huge fan of paneled hats for some reason (save the 70's Braves one, which I do own), and Baltimore's is no exception. I think the cartoon bird just looks better against black than it does white, and certainly better than it does orange. To hear that a hat similar to the Aparicio cap might be coming back as a road cap makes up for the fact that a paneled one is returning for me.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Somebody's concept of possible 2012 caps from the Orioles hangout. All I can say is "Please God, no!"...

2012caps.jpg

That didn't take long...

Good Lord, I hope that wasn't an ominous sign, meaning that those were the actual caps! I'll say it again, please God, NO!.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you save certain images to your computer as soon as you see them. Can you at least give a description of what you saw? I've already seen the new caps, but I want to know if these match what I've been shown.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

2012caps.jpg

That didn't take long...

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you save certain images to your computer as soon as you see them. Can you at least give a description of what you saw? I've already seen the new caps, but I want to know if these match what I've been shown.

I did save the images to my computer.

Anyway, it looks like an ornithologically correct orioles head with an angry expression on it's face, with the cartoon oriole's cap on top.

2012caps.jpg

Anyway, it looks like an ornithologically correct orioles head with an angry expression on it's face, with the cartoon oriole's cap on top.

Someone please confirm it isn't close to that. Death to agry-faced mascot logos.

I saw that mockup and I really don't think the new logo will look anything like that. From what I've read, it's supposed to be a combination of the first and last logo in my signature, leaning a little more towards the first.

2012caps.jpg

Someone please confirm it isn't close to that. Death to agry-faced mascot logos.

I saw that mockup and I really don't think the new logo will look anything like that. From what I've read, it's supposed to be a combination of the first and last logo in my signature, leaning a little more towards the first.

The last logo in your sig is the worst one, IMO. Too vertical.

The one in the mockup reminded me more of a penguin than an Oriole. Not a fan.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Could someone post the images in question?

I turned off viewing sigs years ago, and don't exactly wish to see this forum with them enabled.

You know - 'cause of the resulting epileptic seizures and all.

:P

2rgavrd1qgkfw74ji5se5c1yk.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

That's not ornithologically correct at all. He's wearing cleats, come on!

2/3 isn't too bad! :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Archived