Orioles 2012 Changes

Bill813

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recieved an email a little bit ago.

VISIT ORIOLES.COM TOMORROW AT 9:30 A.M. FOR A SPECIAL, EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT

November 14, 2011 ? Visit orioles.com tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. ET for an exclusive first look at the Orioles new uniforms for the 2012 season. An exciting change is about to hit Birdland, and orioles.com is the first place you'll see it.

Be sure to visit Tuesday morning at 9:30 for your exclusive look ... plus your chance to get your hands on the newest gear from the O's official online shop.

From the Baltimore Sun blog from someone who has seen the logo:

The Orioles will officially unveil their new cartoon bird logo and 2012 uniforms tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. on www.orioles.com

We?ll have a story and the images up on shortly thereafter, so you can come here, too. By about 10 a.m. Tuesday, we?ll have it all.

I had a chance to view the merchandise today ? under the promise that some specific details won?t be released until the Orioles do it officially tomorrow.

My first impression is that the cartoon Orioles logo looks more like the one from the 1960s than the 1980s one of my youth. It is plumper. In fact, if you put the 1960s bird and the 2012 bird side-by-side there are only two discernible differences.

One, the white trim along the back rim of the bird?s hat isn?t as pronounced as it was in the old logo. It?s hard to pick that up unless you are really looking.

The other, though, is obvious. This cartoon bird is wearing an O?s hat and not the indistinguishable orange blotch from the 1960s logo.

That makes it a little more authentic. Otherwise, it?s basically the same logo as the one we all remember.

I?ve said before, I am not much of a uniform guy. I?m always more interested in what?s inside of the uniform. But I know a lot of you care about these things.

So there you go.

The other changes to the 2012 uniform, as we reported previously, include a new 20th anniversary Camden Yards? patch on the right sleeve of all of the uniforms and a slightly altered left sleeve patch ? it?s the Maryland flag but now will say ?Baltimore Orioles? in each version.

Baltimore will remain scripted across the road uniforms, but the type will now be consistent and not tapered. So the ?alt? will be the same size as the ?more.?

@JGuthrie46 Jeremy Guthrie

Hey Orioles fans, two things have been missing since 1997, a winning season & black lettering on jerseys. I for one would like both back!!

An alternate with black lettering?

Or black nameplates, perhaps?

I think hes talking about the Orioles on the front:

Cal%20Ripken%20Jr%20streak%202131.jpg

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Hey Orioles fans, two things have been missing since 1997, a winning season & black lettering on jerseys. I for one would like both back!!

Oh man, I hope not. I think I'm the only lifelong O's fan on this board who is not on board with the cartoon bird resurrection (and I happen to be wearing a t-shirt with his face on it right now), the only thing I want to see less is black lettering with orange trim.

I love Cal Ripken, I loved growing up in Maryland with a winning O's team who wore those uniforms, but I do not like the black-on-orange for the Birds. I think the O's should be an orange team with black as a secondary color (albeit a prominent secondary color), I just don't like the black-on-orange and I'm super happy with the orange-on-black wordmarks we've had for the past 10+ years.

Say what you want about that lettering recalling a winning era, I just don't think it looks good. It puts too much emphasis on the wrong color from our team's palette.

Now commence the dissenting opinions:

Grunge-Logos.png

Oh man, I hope not. I think I'm the only lifelong O's fan on this board who is not on board with the cartoon bird resurrection (and I happen to be wearing a t-shirt with his face on it right now), the only thing I want to see less is black lettering with orange trim.

I love Cal Ripken, I loved growing up in Maryland with a winning O's team who wore those uniforms, but I do not like the black-on-orange for the Birds. I think the O's should be an orange team with black as a secondary color (albeit a prominent secondary color), I just don't like the black-on-orange and I'm super happy with the orange-on-black wordmarks we've had for the past 10+ years.

Say what you want about that lettering recalling a winning era, I just don't think it looks good. It puts too much emphasis on the wrong color from our team's palette.

Now commence the dissenting opinions:

Oh, you're not alone at all, buddy. This O's fan right here does not want the cartoon bird back. I also do not want the black lettering. Those mid-90's black-emphasized unis and caps were so boring and drab.

I honestly think their current look is the best they've had in at least the past 15 years. They finally nailed the perfect and appropriate balance of orange and black. And now they might just piss it away.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Say what you want about that lettering recalling a winning era, I just don't think it looks good. It puts too much emphasis on the wrong color from our team's palette.Now commence the dissenting opinions:

Oh, you're not alone at all, buddy. This O's fan right here does not want the cartoon bird back. I also do not want the black lettering. Those mid-90's black-emphasized unis and caps were so boring and drab.

I honestly think their current look is the best they've had in at least the past 15 years. They finally nailed the perfect and appropriate balance of orange and black. And now they might just piss it away.

I'm ambivalent about the return of the cartoon bird (and this is coming from someone who was 21 when the switch was made), but I will third the dislike for the black script.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived