Tampa Bay Storm to unveil New Logo and Uniform

Gary

SME Branding is doing the new Storm logos. Alot of their new stuff has been uninspired so dont get hopes up.

SME Branding did the Lightning identity, no surprise here.

I believe they also did the new Marlins "logo". Could be a storm of disappointment brewing for AFL fans in TB. Sorry for the lame pun lol.

On their site, it says they just made this logo

MM_Ballpark_RGB-420x522.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SME Branding is doing the new Storm logos. Alot of their new stuff has been uninspired so dont get hopes up.

SME Branding did the Lightning identity, no surprise here.

I believe they also did the new Marlins "logo". Could be a storm of disappointment brewing for AFL fans in TB. Sorry for the lame pun lol.

On their site, it says they just made this logo

MM_Ballpark_RGB-420x522.jpg

Well, I'd think it would, since anything else is unofficial until next week.

Didn't realize this was a Lightning bashing thread.

Jesus.

Everyone here is simply commenting on their change of unis and primary colors, not bashing. Let's not jump the gun here.

Probably was directed more towards Legend rather than you.

Lightning bashing? If that was directed at me, I find it odd being I have been a season ticket holder since they played in the Thunderdome and am a huge fan.

As a big fan and season ticket holder, I reserve the right to hate their new identity and call it the joke it is. I also can tie the Lightning and Storm together, since the same pathetic company is getting paid to do a crap job again. And the owners are insistant on using the crappies lightning bolt logo they could find, why would they do any different with the Storm?

SME sucks hard. And Vinik needs to stop trying to reinvent the wheel everywhere he goes just so he can put HIS mark, the only explanation I can see. He needs to stop.

If the rays fans are lucky, maybe he'll own them too. I can't imagine any way they could make that logo worse than it is, I don't think it's possible. But I'd love to find out!

2ly2w09.jpg

Jesus.

Everyone here is simply commenting on their change of unis and primary colors, not bashing. Let's not jump the gun here.

Lightning bashing? If that was directed at me, I find it odd being I have been a season ticket holder since they played in the Thunderdome and am a huge fan.

As a big fan and season ticket holder, I reserve the right to hate their new identity and call it the joke it is. I also can tie the Lightning and Storm together, since the same pathetic company is getting paid to do a crap job again. And the owners are insistant on using the crappies lightning bolt logo they could find, why would they do any different with the Storm?

SME sucks hard. And Vinik needs to stop trying to reinvent the wheel everywhere he goes just so he can put HIS mark, the only explanation I can see. He needs to stop.

If the rays fans are lucky, maybe he'll own them too. I can't imagine any way they could make that logo worse than it is, I don't think it's possible. But I'd love to find out!

If you believe that... You sir, are an idiot. You do realize that studios have to succumb to what their clients want. In this case, look at your owner and GM, SME was only the means to that end.

And for the record, SME is responsible for these masterpieces:

columbus_logo.gif

wild-logo.gif

JAX_604.gif

Yeah, a bunch of no-talent losers over at SME... :wacko:

Jesus.

And Vinik needs to stop trying to reinvent the wheel everywhere he goes just so he can put HIS mark, the only explanation I can see. He needs to stop.

Ok. If you are such a long time fan then you should be grateful that Vinik is so committed to owning a well-run organization. Consider that the last owners had no money and no idea how to run a hockey team. Vinik buying the arena, the land around it, and the team for the low low price of $90 million cash, and then turning around to hire people who know how to run a hockey team ensured the team's continued existence in Tampa for years to come.

Sure you're free not to like the new logo and uniform, I don't like them either. As a fan of the team though, I would suggest you go a little easier on the new owner. He's the reason you can look forward to the Lightning existing as a Tampa-based team for years to come.

The black on the new sets is nothing more than a minimal outline color that cannot be seen from any kind of distance.

And I really don't think of silver still really being a part of their overall identity, on the basis that it's a minimally-used color on a 3rd jersey.

I don't even mind the silver being gone. But I think the Lightning would look much better in black breezers than blue, if not than to just break up the monotony of all-blue at home.

spacer.png

Seriously, :censored: Russell and that :censored: ing font.

By trying to put a football in the logo without being too direct about it, they now have a rugby ball in their logo. Nice job on that. This feels like a downgrade all around. The old logo may have been simplistic to the point of being plain, but it also had a certain classic feel to it. This just... bleh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Funny, very similar to the previous Bolts update. Taking the previous logo and making some tweaks to update it without a major change. I really like the update and new colors.

It's a shame if Vinik and Co. like the idea of an updated and modernized logo, that they couldn't have kept the previous Bolts logo, which was that.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived