OKC Thunder

hettinger_rl

Brilliant idea. I love where this is going.

I think the clouds on the sides look too much like wings right now. It may be the symmetry or it could just be that it's a line sketch. If those were ominous dark cloud colors it might be different. Nice start!

I would ditch the circle.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I would ditch the circle too, I'm not entirely sure what that is supposed to be. I do like it though but could you please clarify why a bison or what it has to do with the thunder name.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Just a thought here, but when I think Thunder I think of the shape of the clouds. IMO you need to work in the typical anvil shape into the cloud design as that would make it look less fluffy, more ominous, and more interesting. Love the incorporation of the Bison though, works perfectly for a team based in OKC.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I would ditch the circle too, I'm not entirely sure what that is supposed to be. I do like it though but could you please clarify why a bison or what it has to do with the thunder name.

The circle could be used as a ball/sunset; sort of a remnent of the current logo.

Also, some of the reasons that they should add a bison to their logo set are these:

- They use a bison as their mascot already (and the mascot is said to have come out of a thunderstorm)

- The sound that bison make running in a heard sounds like thunder.

- A nickname for bison, that comes from some native american tribes, is "thunder beast"

- Oklahoma's state animal is the bison

- Bison are big and bulky like thunder clouds but can strike with speed and power like the storms that come from thunder clouds

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas of how to lay the OKC color scheme in here? I've tried a couple of things and they end up looking too colorful; as in overbearing.

Original version:

ThunderColour.png

With a basketball: (from the Tulsa 66ers logo)

ThunderColourBall.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Reading through the thread, before reaching the last post, I thought it was a good idea to to make the sun a basketball. And it looks good.

For a primary logo, such as one that would be on the jerseys, I would eliminate the horizontal clouds and keep the bison and the sun.

For a word mark, I would keep this logo and add a word mark (obviously). This may require the removal of some of the solid lines that distinguish the bison and the clouds, but I think shading could replace those lines.

So far, I think this is a great logo: classy, simple, and unique.

Archived