Delmarva Shorebirds

NDwas

And so I asked myself, "Why not do a Minor League team for a change?" Well, here you go.

Long story short: I live in Maryland and I decided to choose a local team. The Delmarva Shorebirds reside in Salisbury on Maryland's Eastern Shore and are the Class A Affiliate of the Orioles.

The new primary and alternate logos are based off of the team's All-Star logo from the 2011 season.

salasg2011.png

Please enjoy. C+C are welcome, as always. (Note: uniforms go in the order of home, road, alternate, and throwback.)

newshorebirds1.png

newshorebirds2.pngnewshorebirds3.png

newshorebirds5.pngnewshorebirds4.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I dig it. I like the cap logo better than the current set but I think the comment on the "S" looking scrunched up is valid. You should try to elongate the neck to make it more of an S shape. Also moving the head to the left a little will probably balance the logo a little more too. Last, the away cap "DS" logo would look better if it looked a little more like the wordmark. Specifically, the serifs are different from one to the next, and if the cap logo isn't going to be skewed or arched like the wordmark, you should include an alternate wordmark that isn't skewed or arched to tie the jersey and cap together. Also, maybe mess around with interlocking the "DS" logo to make it look like a complete logo, rather than just two letters slapped together.

Finally, I've never been a fan of the black text with orange stroke, I think it's too dark, but it's your preference in the end!

On the whole, I like it! It ties the team to the Orioles but has a distinct identity to it as well.

Grunge-Logos.png

Archived