Bulls concept logo

JJSCOTT

Thought I would do a bull logo to play with and stick with the theme I started with the Bears logo... thrown together pretty quickly so I know there is a lot to go in and clean up. Figured I would post anyway so people could see where it started and where it goes to. As always lemme here some C&C. Thanks

4201d8b1.jpg

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Great start. I think the biggest issue I see is the blank eyes. Their current logo has so much personality in the eyes, if you could hint at that in this update, I think it would go a long way. The ring in it's nose also seems very overbearing, either due to the thickness or maybe that's white while the rest of the snout is gray.

Awesome work as always.

Great start. I think the biggest issue I see is the blank eyes. Their current logo has so much personality in the eyes, if you could hint at that in this update, I think it would go a long way. The ring in it's nose also seems very overbearing, either due to the thickness or maybe that's white while the rest of the snout is gray.

Awesome work as always.

Thanks you already hit on a couple things I was lookin at fixin as well. here is a bit updated version thickened him up a bit

c2339658.jpg

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Not a fan. Not because it isn't awesome work - it is. But the 90s logo works well. The update actually is pretty amazing.

Nobody is asking you to make an executive decision to replace the current Bulls logo with this. Objectively evaluate the work. Your evaluation can take the existing team's visual history into consideration and factor in the concept logo's place within that context, but to simply dismiss it because you like the current logo doesn't do anybody any good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not a fan. Not because it isn't awesome work - it is. But the 90s logo works well. The update actually is pretty amazing.

Nobody is asking you to make an executive decision to replace the current Bulls logo with this. Objectively evaluate the work. Your evaluation can take the existing team's visual history into consideration and factor in the concept logo's place within that context, but to simply dismiss it because you like the current logo doesn't do anybody any good.

Exactly. Besides, I feel as though the 90s logo is terribly dated. However, JJSCOTT, your work is fantastic. There really isn't anything I would change. The mesh "watermark" is a little too intense, it is just a tad distracting.

Really stellar work though.

Exactly. Besides, I feel as though the 90s logo is terribly dated. However, JJSCOTT, your work is fantastic. There really isn't anything I would change. The mesh "watermark" is a little too intense, it is just a tad distracting.

Really stellar work though.

These days, if someone is going to steal a logo from the boards, chances are they will take one of JJ's. If it's necessary to protect his amazing work, I have no problem with it.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I actually like the first one the best, just add pupils and it's golden.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I like it as a Bulls fan but those weird dots all over it is giving me a headache. If that's to prevent someone from stealing it, it's not going to help (those bastages always find a way anyway).

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Yeah I have to agree with some of the others as this has progressed it's become a bit more cartoony which is a shame as the first one was really pretty powerful.

I didn't have a big problem with the white eyes, but adding the pupils was good, other than that the only change I would have made would have been to tweak the horn on the right (when looking at the logo) as it looks like it's pointing backwards compared to the other. I'd possibly thicken up the linework on the first one but other than that I think you've cracked it. Just for shi-ggles I'd love to see alternate colour schemes (it might also help kill off dismissive feedback as the whole Chicago connection would be lost) but other than the changes mentioned I wouldn't tweak anything else!

Cracking job!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I like the first version best actually. No pupils works sometimes since it makes the animal seem less personable and evil. To me the main thing is the brow. It's too strong, almost gorilla-like. I know the real Bulls logo has a huge brow, but I'd consider making it somewhat thinner. All in all, it's good work here.

Very well rendered. I like the angle of the bull. Very strong.

I agree with jaha32 on the brow. It looks a bit too segmented from the rest of the logo. I think perhaps you could get away with getting rid of the vertical line going down the left brow. That might help make it a little less prominent.

I think I like the shading on the first one better.

4201d8b1.jpg9a09348a.jpg

bdd5ca80.jpgzdrycpc7mh5teihl10gko8sgf.gif

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived