Winnipeg Jets Retro-ish logo and jersey

originaldave77

I really like the jerseys. I think the logo works better encased in a circle. Maybe you could do a little more work on the jet contrails. Try to depict speed. It looks like they're leaving ribbons in the sky.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I agree with the other posters, this is a real novel idea. But just a few things.

-Like how the 2nd jet is a 2-tone grey, I'd make the 1st jet a 2-tone red

-As mentioned above, try to keep the jets confined in the circle. I'd also like to see the first one try to be aligned with the notch in the roundel

-The jersey needs work. Especially on the arms and waist, it needs contrast. I'd make those small lines in-between the red ones white as opposed to blue.

With a few minor fixes, this will become my favourite Jets concept! Great work!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

9.9/10

The only changes I'd make are matching the jersey blue to the logo blue (either one is fine), and like someone else said, try making the red jet two-tone.

This is seriously a great idea, suits the team perfectly, is unique and clever, and brings out an "I wish I thought of it!" feeling.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I made the jets the same as how they appeared in both eras of WPG Jet logos. The red jet represents the first era, and the second jet is two tone grey for the new era. Making the first jet two tones of red is a great suggestion. It keeps the number of colors the same as the new logo (which also has two tones of red and grey).

Will keep in a circle, it allows the logo to sit on white or colored jerseys. Also the circle is a recurring element for the Jets.

I used a number of combinations of colors for the stripes, but kept coming back to this one. It looked vintage, and didn't draw comparisons to the Rangers, Blue Jackets, or Team USA. I'm not really attached to it though, more focused on the logo.

@undead That may be a tad difficult. Definitely want the 'W' to be legible, and the main focal point of the logo. I could try the Phoenix Suns' motion streaks, or a gradient. Will see how it looks!

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

YES! I know that I've seen a very similar logo concept somewhere else though, still love it anyway!

I've had versions of this concept going back a few months.

They were too baseball-like though:

Winnipeg-Jets-Logo-Embroidered-2011-2012-davesgeekyideas-2012.png

Yep, that's the one. I loved the idea back then and I still love it today, I think it would be an awesome alternate logo for the Jets!

Updated the logo based on feedback (two tone red jet), and made the 'W' fit the space a bit better:

Winnipeg-Jets-Vintage-Retro-Sleek-Updated2-1.png

I hate to say it, but I think the W is a definite downgrade from the original.

The two-tone red jet looks like it will work, though, which is good.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

two tone red looks better but maybe u could try creating a little scratch right behind the planes that would look like a v and would separate the white stripe in the end right behind the jets that would give the effect of the engines and abit of separation between the W and the planes and give abit of sharper look to the end of W

unled2mq.png

sry i used your image without asking first but it was hard to explain

YES! I know that I've seen a very similar logo concept somewhere else though, still love it anyway!

I've had versions of this concept going back a few months.

They were too baseball-like though:

Winnipeg-Jets-Logo-Embroidered-2011-2012-davesgeekyideas-2012.png

I actually like this version the best. I think it's a few edits away from being a great logo. You'd need to touch up the blue plane to make it consistent with the red one. Currently there's some negative space between the red plane and the W, where as there is no negative space between the blue plane and the W. I'd also find a way to make the text flow more naturally with the curvatures of the circle. It's more noticeable on the "JETS" text. I feel like this logo is much more "friendly" and inviting than the update. The update comes across as too "perfect" where as this logo has a certain charm about it. I'm not sure how to explain it better, but that's my impression. I'd try updating this logo (the one I quoted).

I really like it, except for keeping the goofy north notch. I know the reason the team felt they had to include it but it takes away from the overall look. I like it a lot better than what they actually went with, something I can hardly ever say about concepts.

Archived