Quick Anaheim Ducks logo concept

undead

You've really got something here, but I think you could take this a little farther.

The idea is good and the execution is good as well, but I think you need to take the next step, and add some detail.

The logo itself is a little bland and despite it being a good idea, it comes off as generic to me because of the lack of detail.

Try adding some type of highlight or shadow somewhere. Right now the amount of green is almost overwhelming.

The head shape seems a little off to me as well (the eye seems slightly out of place, and the distance between the bottom of the beak and where the neck starts seem a little long to me).

the top of the head also appears to have a rather large bump in it, maybe you could bring that down a little.

4464110-mallard-duck-profile.jpg

Maybe this picture will help you straiten out some of the "facial" features.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Very classic looking, the A formed with the duck. I really like it. Great work.

I have seen other projects/work you have done. Your very talented. I look forward to more of your work in the future.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Well it certainly looks better than the cheesy, 90's looking wordmark the team is currently represented by. Looks like it'd really stand out on a jersey though I've never been sold on Orange, White and Green as a scheme. Something about it seems off. Any plans to make jerseys?

Thanks for the comments guys. Keep em coming.

@missouri tigers: I'll try some of your recommendations. This was a quick logo and I was kinda going for a real simple look but you raise some good points.

@kansascityscouts76: Thank you for the kind words. It's always nice to know when one's work is appreciated.

@morgo: I think if the ducks went green, orange, and white it would be a great look for them. Anaheim is in Orange County and ducks are green, after all. I'm not one for making jerseys but I might on this project. I have to get the logo finalized first.

Thanks again everyone.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I added some highlights and visual interest to the duck. I also added a bevel to the A to make it stand out. I adjusted the eye and got rid of the "bump" on it's head as well. Is it too much? Not enough?

Duckspresentation2.png

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I really like this update. I think the revisions you made on the duck are perfect. My only gripe is that the beveling on the A looks kind of awkward and is somewhat distracting.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

A nice concept, I would say. Although the A is little off-balance. So maybe you could either a) bend the right side of the A inwards so it would mirror the left side, b ) make the leht side somehow a little longer, although that might ruin the whole idea, c) or even give the right side a little curve, make it flow outwards. I don't know.

Thanks for all the C+C guys. You're all really helping me along here. Here's a small revision. I added what I feel is a more dynamic highlight to the head. I also removed the little bit of shadow I added to the beak while keeping the nostril. I'm working on changing the A based on your ideas.

Duckspresentation3.png

More C+C please as I'm really into this concept right now.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Thanks again for all the help on this. Here's the latest. I mirrored the duck's neck on the bottom of the A. I also shrunk the white keyline because I found it to be too much. Am I heading in the right direction?

Duckspresentation4.png

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

• 1 month later...

I actually vastly prefer the most recent A logo you did. It's a strong, well-balanced logo that could work as either a shoulder logo or a crest with equal strength.

For the shield logo, I don't think it really looks much like the duck foot. I can see why you'd say that (three-pronged top), but the shape would need some changes for that to work.

p.s. Nice watermark that actually looks like water marks lol

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Thanks again for all the help on this. Here's the latest. I mirrored the duck's neck on the bottom of the A. I also shrunk the white keyline because I found it to be too much. Am I heading in the right direction?

Duckspresentation4.png

OUTSTANDING!!! No need to go further it's perfect! Love how you mirrored the duck and love how his beak completes the letter A.

Ok so I ditched the "A" idea for right now. I put the duck in a shield in the shape of a duck's foot. What do you think?

Duckspresentation5.png

this is awesome. I don't know if it would be overkill, but might want to consider some light shading on the foot to make it look more distinctively like a duck foot and not a shield.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is really good.

I also like the "A" better than the shield (although both are nice).

The white band on the neck gives you a natural break.

What if you put the bottom of the letter "A" below the band to balance the letter,

giving it a strong graphic "A" shape?

Nice work un.

Archived