Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

23 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Paterno was a willing member of the cover-up, who knew what Sandusky was doing and yet refused to wield any of his considerable power to stop him.

He was every bit as responsible as anyone else on that campus. 

Your argument is illuminating, though, and a perfect example of why we need to keep up the pressure on Penn State, lest they be allowed to rewrite history. 

By willing member, you mean the only one who when told of "something of a sexual nature." took that person to the people who could actually do something about it. 

As far as rewriting history, you guys seem to have written the book on that. Your statement is a perfect example that is typical of current sjw's in that no matter what the out come Joe Paterno is "just as guilty" as the guy who actually molested the kids.

You're just ticked off cause you are late to the feeding frenzy of the gang rape mentality of those who condemn individuals with little knowledge of a situation. Sandusky was already on trial when you first heard of this and you feel like you missed out...so....who do you blame? The molester....shucks.....they caught him and he's on trial. Who else can I blame? I don't know a thing about this situation, nor do I know anything about that area, and I don't want to research any details because there might be icky things in it. I know.....blame the one guy I do know about because....well....it's the only thing I know about this situation....and he's mentioned in the documents, well according to what someone posted on Slate. Yeah, he's to blame cause he had ALLLLLLLLL the power.

Rewrite history....keep it up.

18 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

This thread really needs to be shut down. A bunch of liberal crusaders, who have never done a thing wrong, can judge anyone and everyone. Listen, I'm a Penn State alum and a big fan of the football program but I don't feel as though I am being biased. Once again, I'll say that the penalty levied upon them was substantial enough. The new regime is so far removed from the Joe Pa regime. You cannot penalize the school any further. It is a great institution. You are all running a smear campaign. Do I want the statue up? I couldn't care less about a statue. You can melt the statue for all I care. But please stop with the insults toward the school. It's a very shallow way of thinking. The school has done nothing but cooperate and has raised a great deal of money for victims of abuse. 

No it doesn't need to be shut down, it is a testament to how the sjw group think works and operates. Both you and I have knowledge that most of these perfect snowflakes will never comprehend as I have family in the Centre County area and you being a PSU Alum. 

They know very little and it shows in every post, just let them post and call them out on it.

Will we change minds in this thread? It would be easier to drive through the Appalachians, in the night, in winter, with no head lights. All we can do is call them out on their ignorance.

18 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Right, because only a liberal crusader would think turning a blind eye to child molestation is a bad thing.

Well, it is par for the course. Liberal crusaders want to take away the 1st and 2nd Amendments, kill the unborn, give money to people who don't want to work, and give illegal immigrants all the benefits of the average John Q Public Taxpayer Esquire....Progressives is now a synonym for backwards.

18 hours ago, DnBronc said:

Say what? Didn't JoePa and Sandusky represent the university? Wasn't JoePa the god of Penn State? 

Well, if Joe and Sandusky represented the university then didn't McQueary, the guy who says he saw something and did do nothing...as it was happening in front of him, represent the University. Didn't the 3 administrators represent the university. You know, the people who you seem to forget every time this matter comes up. Oh, by the way, the 3 ( which does not include Paterno) are about to be put on trial for actually covering up Sandusky's crimes, but don't let that get in the way of your    deep seeded misguided hatred.

18 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Not to me, he wasn't. He did many great things for the school but he was no god in my eyes.

That's what they don't get, and never will because it destroys their argument that this was a community cover up and that we are brainwashed hilljacks. 

Joe was a football coach, a great one, and did a lot of great things for the community and the school. That was it, he wasn't a god like most here like to think he was to people like us. 

44 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

Proof?

Page 14-15 of the Freeh Report:

Four of the most powerful people at The Pennsylvania State University -- President Graham B. Spanier, Senior Vice President-Finance and Business Gary C. Schultz, Athletic Director Timothy M. Curley and Head Football Coach Joseph V. Paterno -- failed to protect against a child sexual predator harming children for over a decade.  These men concealed Sandusky's activities from the Board of Trustees, the University community and authorities.  They exhibited a striking lack of empathy for Sandusky's victims by failing to inquire as to their safety and well-being, especially by not attempting to determine the identity of the child who Sandusky assaulted in the Lasch Building in 2001.  Further, they exposed this child to additional harm by alerting Sandusky, who was the only one who knew the child's identity, of what McQueary say in the shower on the night of February 9, 2001.

These individuals, unchecked by the Board of Trustees that did not perform its oversight duties, empowered Sandusky to attract potential victims to the campus and football events by allowing him to have continued, unrestricted and unsupervised access to the University's facilities and affiliation with the University's prominent football program. Indeed, that continued access provided Sandusky with the very currency that enabled him to attract his victims.  Some coaches, administrators and football program staff members ignored the red flags of Sandusky's behaviors and no one warned the public about him.

9 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

Well, if Joe and Sandusky represented the university then didn't McQueary, the guy who says he saw something and did do nothing...as it was happening in front of him, represent the University. Didn't the 3 administrators represent the university.

Nobody wants statues of those people put up on campus.

10 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

Oh, by the way, the 3 ( which does not include Paterno) are about to be put on trial for actually covering up Sandusky's crimes

The DA probably stopped even considering charges against Paterno when he, you know, died.  You can even get away with murder if you die before they charge you.  I don't know if what Paterno did rises to the level of criminal charges, but c'mon man... there's one very obvious reason why Paterno is not being charged.

18 hours ago, CS85 said:

Nobody said to stop rooting for Penn State.  Go right ahead.  Be proud of your school.  Paterno forfeit the right to be defended when he looked away when Jerry Sandusky raped kids in the school facilities.  You can't defend that.  You can't defend him.  His football legacy exists and can't be redacted, but to say his iconography deserves restoration after such an utterly disgusting and disgraceful thing he let slide is wrong.

He took the express train to hell, and there's no reason to put a statue up so that kids in that whole brainwashed community can look up to a rape-enabling arrogant piece of :censored: . 

I'm better than JoePa, and I'm better than you, if only because I don't defend the useless legacy of sports icons who were morally indifferent to the rape and abuse of children.

Don't vote.  Don't breed. 

Well, Joe and jmac never openly called for the assassination of a political figure. 

Take your own advice.

9 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Page 14-15 of the Freeh Report:

The Freeh Report??????

Are You serious?

You do know realize this report puts the blame more on McQueary, Curly, Spanier, and Schultz seeing that the last 3 were Sandusky's bosses at the time. 

Just now, Viola73 said:

The Freeh Report??????

Are You serious?

You do know realize this report puts the blame more on McQueary, Curly, Spanier, and Schultz seeing that the last 3 were Sandusky's bosses at the time. 

The former FBI director hired by the university to investigate?  Yeah... the Freeh Report.  Lemme guess... you'll counter with the Paterno family's report.

Again, I don't think those other four people should have statues on campus, either.  Paterno metaphorically got pulled over for speeding 20 over the limit, when the people in the next lane were doing 40 over.  Except, instead of "speeding", it's allowing children to be sexually abused.

15 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Nobody wants statues of those people put up on campus.

The DA probably stopped even considering charges against Paterno when he, you know, died.  You can even get away with murder if you die before they charge you.  I don't know if what Paterno did rises to the level of criminal charges, but c'mon man... there's one very obvious reason why Paterno is not being charged.

Yeah, there is a reason why he isn't being charged, because he was the only one who did something. Other than the agencies who looked into allegations, and found nothing, Paterno was the one who, at the time he was told by McQueary, took McQueary to the people ( Spanier, Curly, and Schultz) who gave Sandusky his  current place at the university. McQueary told the 3 what was what and it was up to the 3 to take the next step....they didn't.

So, there is a reason why Spanier, Curly, and Schultz are on trial. As there is a reason why Paterno is NOT on trial. It's called evidence.

4 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

Yeah, there is a reason why he isn't being charged, because he was the only one who did something. Other than the agencies who looked into allegations, and found nothing, Paterno was the one who, at the time he was told by McQueary, took McQueary to the people ( Spanier, Curly, and Schultz) who gave Sandusky his  current place at the university. McQueary told the 3 what was what and it was up to the 3 to take the next step....they didn't.

So, there is a reason why Spanier, Curly, and Schultz are on trial. As there is a reason why Paterno is NOT on trial. It's called evidence.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'''''''''''''''SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

200_s.gif

d86ae0de0e638e3a21e6105dac872bf2b70a47da

hes-dead-jim.jpg

13 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

The former FBI director hired by the university to investigate?  Yeah... the Freeh Report.  Lemme guess... you'll counter with the Paterno family's report.

Again, I don't think those other four people should have statues on campus, either.  Paterno metaphorically got pulled over for speeding 20 over the limit, when the people in the next lane were doing 40 over.  Except, instead of "speeding", it's allowing children to be sexually abused.

No, Paterno got pulled over because he was told of someone who was "speeding" and then took that "speeder" to the authorities who ended up "speeding" themselves. 

7 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'''''''''''''''SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Perfect, that just makes it easier when the person you're crucifying can't defend themselves.

15 minutes ago, Harmening said:

Is this guy just trolling for reactions, or does honestly believe the crap he's writing?

No, I actually believe the "crap" I'm writing, but it is fun to see the heads explode when there is a person who doesn't subscribe to sjw group think.

2 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

Perfect, that just makes it easier when the person you're crucifying can't defend themselves.

He spoke on the matter when he was alive.  This isn't anything new.  You can't use the lack of charges against a dead person as evidence of their innocence.