Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scandal may already be having an impact on recruiting:

It goes without saying that the child abuse/coverup scandal at Penn State is going to hurt recruiting, but when you actually put a face on it, it hurts the Nittany Lions even more. Noah Spence is one of the best high school football players in the nation, a Bishop McDevitt High defensive end who was rated the top player at his position by Rivals.com and one of the nation?s top-20 overall prospects. On Monday he tweeted that he might be reconsidering Penn State, which is one of the finalists on his list.

So Penn State supporters organized an Occupy Noah Spence movement on Twitter, flooding him with (supportive) messages to please reconsider. Here are Spence?s first two tweets[.]

@spence94 Noah Spence

Um psu might be a no no for me ewwww

@nspence94 Noah Spence

i kind of just dnt want to be apart of that

CCSLC signature.png

It's not really about Paterno though. He's one player in this scandal, but far from the only one. It'd be a shame if he's the only one this sticks to, because lots and lots more people are culpable.

Paterno's name brand, single-handedly, will keep him as a central figure in this scandal looking back on it years from now. He's far from the biggest culprit, but no one else in this case is named Joe Paterno.

Oh well. There is more he should've done, and I say that as one of the people who has been more apt to defend him in all of this.

spacer.png

Here comes the campus riot. Tonight's a good night to put your Nittany Lion sweater in the dark corner of the closet for a few years.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's not really about Paterno though. He's one player in this scandal, but far from the only one. It'd be a shame if he's the only one this sticks to, because lots and lots more people are culpable.

Paterno's name brand, single-handedly, will keep him as a central figure in this scandal looking back on it years from now. He's far from the biggest culprit, but no one else in this case is named Joe Paterno.

Oh well. There is more he should've done, and I say that as one of the people who has been more apt to defend him in all of this.

I'm with you. It'd be a shame if this goes down in history as "The Joe Paterno Child Rape Scandal," because it most certainly was not that. It was the "Penn State University Institutionalized Support and Enabling of Child Rape Scandal," and the school should not be allowed to fire its octogenarian football mascot and assume that everyone should move on.

Paterno needed to go, yes, but his dismissal is minor among the many, many changes that need to take place and many, many punishments that need to be imposed there.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Was anyone else laughing coldly when somebody in the crowd of reporters shouted "WHAT?!" when they announced Paterno was no longer coach? What a numbnuts.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It goes without saying that the child abuse/coverup scandal at Penn State is going to hurt recruiting, but when you actually put a face on it, it hurts the Nittany Lions even more. Noah Spence is one of the best high school football players in the nation, a Bishop McDevitt High defensive end who was rated the top player at his position by Rivals.com and one of the nation?s top-20 overall prospects. On Monday he tweeted that he might be reconsidering Penn State, which is one of the finalists on his list.

So Penn State supporters organized an Occupy Noah Spence movement on Twitter, flooding him with (supportive) messages to please reconsider. Here are Spence?s first two tweets[.]

@spence94 Noah Spence

@nspence94 Noah Spence

Who in their right mind would want to be apart of that mess?

well done penn state students, you are now rallying IN FAVOR OF pedophilia. you are showing the freaking world(it's on CNN too) how :censored:ing stupid you are. well :censored:ing done.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

I'm with you. It'd be a shame if this goes down in history as "The Joe Paterno Child Rape Scandal," because it most certainly was not that. It was the "Penn State University Institutionalized Support and Enabling of Child Rape Scandal," and the school should not be allowed to fire its octogenarian football mascot and assume that everyone should move on.

Paterno needed to go, yes, but his dismissal is minor among the many, many changes that need to take place and many, many punishments that need to be imposed there.

Joe Paterno IS Penn State

"Penn State University Institutionalized Support and Enabling of Child Rape Scandal" = "Joe Paterno Institutionalized Support and Enabling of Child Rape Scandal"

@spence94 Noah Spence

@nspence94 Noah Spence

Who in their right mind would want to be apart of that mess?

Off-topic, but who else is upset by the 13-year-old-girl-ification of grown men thanks to the 140 limitations of Twitter? <_<

well done penn state students, you are now rallying IN FAVOR OF pedophilia. you are showing the freaking world(it's on CNN too) how :censored:ing stupid you are. well :censored:ing done.

It's a pathetic celebration of ignorance. These poor dumb kids will look back on this years later with much shame and regret.

twitter

These reporters are letting this guy have it. GOOD. Hammer him with questions left and right, he's quavering badly, they need to get him off the mic, and fast.

No, screw these reporters, all they're yelling is variations on IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT

Half of these "reporters" were Penn State students trying to look tough against the Board. They sounded like whiney 18-year old brats.

6uXNWAo.png

Now that Paterno's been fired, I'm kind of pulling for Penn State this weekend. It really sucks for the kids on the team that are feeling the negative effects that coaches and other staff brought on them. It would really be unfair to the seniors if they cancelled the last few games of their career when it was they did nothing to bring this scandal upon the school. These guys are surprisingly in first place in the Big Ten and have a shot to make it to the Rose Bowl. They probably won't make it because in addition to not being a very talented team who knows who's going to coach them. I honestly don't who should coach them at this point because it's hard to believe that anyone on that coaching staff didn't know about what was going on, but these players at least deserve a shot to finish their season.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Oh, they won't move on yet. There's much more. Joe really tempted fate with that statement that said "oh, don't fire me, you've got more important things to worry about." o rly?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's a pathetic celebration of ignorance. These poor dumb kids will look back on this years later with much shame and regret.

To be fair, those students are likely celebrating the legendary career of a great football coach. It's not like they are holding up signs that say "We Support Child Rape!". This is just a knee-jerk reaction to the firing of one of the best coaches in the history of college football.

I still am appalled by the inability of college students to think before they act.

Paterno is and was not ever a pedophile! They are rallying for the winning est coach of all time and the only coach that many people at Penn State ever knew. The man did not break the law and people are treating him like a horrible man, which he is not, at least in my opinion. This is a sad day for football!

spacer.png

Archived