Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

Attention athletic departments and all humans: In this day in age (especially with technology and society's lust for consuming information) you cannot hide anything...it will get out! You might as well deal with the mess when it happens, save some face, and demonstrate a willingness to address negative situations and take action.

Hell, you can barely get away with passing gas without getting caught and ridiculed on Facebook let alone thinking you'll be successful covering up a scandal like this...Paterno got his comeuppance IMO.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that Paterno's been fired, I'm kind of pulling for Penn State this weekend. It really sucks for the kids on the team that are feeling the negative effects that coaches and other staff brought on them. It would really be unfair to the seniors if they cancelled the last few games of their career when it was they did nothing to bring this scandal upon the school. These guys are surprisingly in first place in the Big Ten and have a shot to make it to the Rose Bowl. They probably won't make it because in addition to not being a very talented team who knows who's going to coach them. I honestly don't who should coach them at this point because it's hard to believe that anyone on that coaching staff didn't know about what was going on, but these players at least deserve a shot to finish their season.

I hope they lose this weekend and the stands are half empty...I hope the college never recovers from this!

spacer.png

Please take note that in a 30 minute Q&A session, not a single question was asked about former president Spanier. Not one.

Shows that this throng of reporters was drunk on lion juice.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It'll be another 'black eye' to Penn State if the student mob that rallied around Paterno's home last night decides take to the streets tonight over his firing.

It's happening.

46 years at Penn State, and this is how JoePa goes out.....

Sad.

Is this closer to Occupy University Park, or Vancouver in Happy Valley?

CCSLC signature.png

Now that Paterno's been fired, I'm kind of pulling for Penn State this weekend. It really sucks for the kids on the team that are feeling the negative effects that coaches and other staff brought on them. It would really be unfair to the seniors if they cancelled the last few games of their career when it was they did nothing to bring this scandal upon the school. These guys are surprisingly in first place in the Big Ten and have a shot to make it to the Rose Bowl. They probably won't make it because in addition to not being a very talented team who knows who's going to coach them. I honestly don't who should coach them at this point because it's hard to believe that anyone on that coaching staff didn't know about what was going on, but these players at least deserve a shot to finish their season.

I hope they lose this weekend and the stands are half empty...I hope the college never recovers from this!

Wishing hate upon an innocent group of people is never a good thing. These players deserve more than this. To the stands being half-empty, I agree wholeheartedly.

well done penn state students, you are now rallying IN FAVOR OF pedophilia. you are showing the freaking world(it's on CNN too) how :censored:ing stupid you are. well :censored:ing done.

Paterno is and was not ever a pedophile! They are rallying for the winning est coach of all time and the only coach that many people at Penn State ever knew. The man did not break the law and people are treating him like a horrible man, which he is not, at least in my opinion. This is a sad day for football!

my advice for you is to ignore my posts, you wont like my opinons on this topic.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

I guarantee you that all of these clown out there "rioting" didn't read a single page of the 23-page report.

They should hand it out on campus tomorrow and you'll see a different kind of crowd outside Joe's house.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I actually feel bad for Joe Pa, I think that looking back on it he truly knows that what he did was wrong, and he wouldn't do it again. I also feel bad for the seniors who played 4 whole years there and now all they'll be remembered for is this.

If they make it to the NFL, they can always claim they are from Ball So Hard University.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

This had to happen. I don't feel sorry for anyone at Penn State. Feel sorry for the children damn it!

I believe everyone feels sorry for the children and if they don't then they I feel sorry for them as well.

spacer.png

I can't believe that in the name of a sports figure people are assembling in spite of what he contributed to. Can people be that deliberately ignorant?

twitter

Some random musings:

Considering all that Paterno has accomplished throughout his career, I really don't want this to be his legacy.

Penn State is his life. This must be devastating.

The guy replacing him has some pretty big shoes to fill.

More and more firings will come before Saturday. By the time the Nebraska game comes, the cleansing will probably be complete, and we can all get back to football (until the trial starts).

I'm pulling for PSU this weekend. They're growing some balls (all of the sudden).

EDIT: Actually, strike that last part. The "cleansing", so to speak, isn't entirely complete. Maybe next year (or the year after. Or the year after that. Or the year after that. Or the year...).

spacer.png

Hard to believe that two of the most innocent-looking men in college football - Tressel and Paterno - had such significant problems brewing beneath the surface, Tressel as a direct enabler, and Paterno as an indirect enabler.

Pardon my homerism here but... Do not compare Jim Tressel to Joe Paterno. Until Jim Tressel deliberately looks the other way while one of his friends is busy molesting children, there is no comparison between the two. What Tressel "enabled" is fairly common in college athletics. Tressel did not play a role in ruining the lives of children. Paterno sat idly by while one of his friends committed unspeakable acts. Do you think the Ohio State players who sold those rings will be scarred for life? There's a big difference between getting a free tattoo and raping a ten year old in the team showers. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Jim Tressel but let's not, under any circumstances, compare him, or Ohio State, Miami, USC, et al to what's happening at Penn State.

BB52Big.jpg

The cleansing is going to take a long time. They're not going to disinfect this terrible program by Saturday. Get real.

EDIT: and yeah, nothing any coach has done before can be compared to Penn State. Not even Bob Knight.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived