Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

For those pointing to the indictment, Paterno's only quotes testimony is how he went to his superiors. I hate to pick at the bones here but I don't believe there's any testimony about exactly what was relayed to him. I read the full document. I hope the real court does a better job than those here and elsewhere before proclaiming quilt.

Lest my thoughts be misread, I am not defending anybody, merely stating the truth is not out there yet.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
until you have been molested then you have no right to throw stones at people when all the information has not been released.

getting molested for credibility, brb

I was placed in an uncomfortable position as a child and when I told a family member about it they did not take it to the cops. They took care of the situation within the family and that is where I am basing my knowledge of this information. Did I turn on my family member for not exposing this? No. In fact, I am glad they never did because the embarrassment would have been too bad.

that is a sad thing, but the man who put you in that uncomfortable position, and the people you told should have told the cops as well, that person deserves to be in jail. when people do nothing to stop child abuse/kidtouching, they actually ENABLE it. that is WRONG. i would expect you to agree with that........

If I'd been in McQueary's place on that day in 2002, Sandusky wouldn't be the one going to prison. I would. For murdering Sandusky right there in the shower. They'd still be scraping bits of his brain matter off the tiles to this day.

Are you sure? It's one thing to bombast behind an computer screen, but if it was somebody you presumably looked up to doing this, who was also good friends with your boss, would you have done it?

Temper the moral outrage with some sort of context here. It's kind of hard for "what you should do" to kick in on the brain in those situations. Yeah he screwed up the aftermath badly, but I'm not surprised he did nothing "at the moment" either.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

According to Black Shoe Diaries, a Penn State blog, Tim Curley and Mike McQueary are (somehow) still employed.

No one is talking about Mike McQueary the way they should be. Cowardly treatment of a coward.

McQueary has to be next on the Board's hitlist. Pretty sure they'll begin dealing with those pieces of shlt first thing tomorrow morning, or their PR nightmare will never go away.

6uXNWAo.png

Coverage of this will not be complete until Geraldo Rivera is camped outside Paterno's house

That wont happen until someone dies. Jerry Rivers only goes where there is death.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

According to Black Shoe Diaries, a Penn State blog, Tim Curley and Mike McQueary are (somehow) still employed.

No one is talking about Mike McQueary the way they should be. Cowardly treatment of a coward.

He was the first person to witness, seriously witness, one of these heinous acts by Sandusky, and he did nothing but tell his daddy and JoePa.

Pathetic.

spacer.png

For those pointing to the indictment, Paterno's only quotes testimony is how he went to his superiors. I hate to pick at the bones here but I don't believe there's any testimony about exactly what was relayed to him. I read the full document. I hope the real court does a better job than those here and elsewhere before proclaiming quilt.

Lest my thoughts be misread, I am not defending anybody, merely stating the truth is not out there yet.

Agreed. I want a lot of people (not all, Sandusky can burn as can the AD and VP) to have their days in court before whipping out the full on moral outrage.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Are you sure? It's one thing to bombast behind an computer screen, but if it was somebody you presumably looked up to doing this, who was also good friends with your boss, would you have done it?

I should like to think I would've had it in me to call 911.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"I grieve for the children and their families, and I pray for their comfort and relief," Paterno said. "With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

Now that Paterno has said this I have to agree with the rest of you that he should have done more.

"He just said on live TV.."PRAY FOR THOSE KIDS!"

spacer.png

For now.

The hopes of the Common Sense world are that they are terminated at the very least by the end of the season, but in all reality they should be unemployed along with JoePa and Spanier. He has to have cut some sort of deal because he's a star witness in all of this.

edit: apparently the rioting crowd has hit a new low, there's a new term being floated around the mob: Getting "Sanduskied," I have no idea what that means but the fact is they are contemptuously and brazenly ignorant of the issues and are embracing the shame they're bringing to themselves, their peers, and their school.

A news station satellite truck has just been flipped, at least 1 lamp post was torn down. No fires. Yet.

Quoting myself because I feel this is quite relevant. Can anyone else confirm this?

edit: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/sister_of_sandusky_victim_talk.html

Wow. Just pathetic. Worse than pathetic, I can't think of a word. Damnable. Damn these people.

edit2: apparently there are numerous message boards out there that are assembling to form a large boycott of US Steel, since their guy was behind the mic tonight. What a disgrace these people are.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Paterno is out of his house. Says something incoherent over students cheering, tells the students to go study and "get a good night's sleep", tells the university that he loves them, says he's "Out of it...maybe..." whatever that means. He went on to say "Pray a little for those victims."

He ended the informal presser with yelling "Go Penn State!" at a supporter.

spacer.png

For now.

The hopes of the Common Sense world are that they are terminated at the very least by the end of the season, but in all reality they should be unemployed along with JoePa and Spanier. He has to have cut some sort of deal because he's a star witness in all of this.

edit: apparently the rioting crowd has hit a new low, there's a new term being floated around the mob: Getting "Sanduskied," I have no idea what that means but the fact is they are contemptuously and brazenly ignorant of the issues and are embracing the shame they're bringing to themselves, their peers, and their school.

A news station satellite truck has just been flipped, at least 1 lamp post was torn down. No fires. Yet.

Any couples started making out in the middle of the street yet?

CCSLC signature.png

For now.

Quoting myself because I feel this is quite relevant. Can anyone else confirm this?

edit: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/sister_of_sandusky_victim_talk.html

Wow. Just pathetic. Worse than pathetic, I can't think of a word. Damnable. Damn these people.

edit2: apparently there are numerous message boards out there that are assembling to form a large boycott of US Steel, since their guy was behind the mic tonight. What a disgrace these people are.

I've lost a lot of respect for humanity today. "Sanduskied"? :censored: the world and everyone in it. I think I'm going to vomit.

spacer.png

"I grieve for the children and their families, and I pray for their comfort and relief," Paterno said. "With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

Now that Paterno has said this I have to agree with the rest of you that he should have done more.

So him calling the raped boys "the kids who were victims or whatever they want to say" didn't affect you, but this statement did? Really?

The Board of Trustees sent a messenger to Paterno's house notifying him to call a phone number, which had two trustees on the other line that told him he was relieved of his duties...that is a :censored:ty way to get fired. At least have the guts to do it face-to-face.

spacer.png

I should like to think I would've had it in me to call 911.

Well, yeah, hence the "screwed up the aftermath" but I'm just kind of raising my eyebrow at the "I would have charged in, broke it up immediately and beat Sandusky within an inch of his life" sentiment.

Today, we are all otaku.

You don't have to run in and beat him up - just make your presence known. Yell, scream "Police!", make noise, or just stand in the doorway. Anything to stop the rape in progress.

I'd like to think we'd all at least have the courage to not run away when a little boy is being raped.

Paterno is out of his house. Says something incoherent over students cheering, tells the students to go study and "get a good night's sleep", tells the university that he loves them, says he's "Out of it...maybe..." whatever that means.

He ended the informal presser with "Pray a little for those victims."

One correction- that wasn't exactly the end. On his way back into the house, Paterno turned and gave the crowd a fist pump and yelled "Go, Penn State!"

Scumbag.

So him calling the raped boys "the kids who were victims or whatever they want to say" didn't affect you, but this statement did? Really?

No, but it helps the situation more when he talks. He should be able to speak to the media about this ordeal. Do you agree or disagree?

spacer.png

The Board of Trustees sent a messenger to Paterno's house notifying him to call a phone number, which had two trustees on the other line that told him he was relieved of his duties...that is a :censored:ty way to get fired. At least have the guts to do it face-to-face.

See, there's this problem of the big angry mob between your meeting area and Paterno's house. Face to face is kind of problematic.

Today, we are all otaku.

Paterno is out of his house. Says something incoherent over students cheering, tells the students to go study and "get a good night's sleep", tells the university that he loves them, says he's "Out of it...maybe..." whatever that means.

He ended the informal presser with "Pray a little for those victims."

One correction- that wasn't exactly the end. On his way back into the house, Paterno turned and gave the crowd a fist pump and yelled "Go, Penn State!"

Scumbag.

Adding to my original post.

Riots on Beaver Ave. turning violent. Pathetic.

spacer.png

Archived