Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harrisburg native and former Michigan/Stanford/Raiders/Eagles FB Jon Ritchie and his family knew Sandusky. To the point that Ritchie (and his mother, a retired school teacher) wanted to be a part of Second Mile after his retiring from the NFL.

Apparently, they did not know him as well as initially thought.

(There are other segments with Ritchie from ESPN available which he does not repeat himself.)

You know what I did not realize until today, that :censored:ing Son of a Bitch Jerry Sandusky is out on a bail of $100,000. What :censored:ing idiot gave this guy bail. He should be rotting in a cell.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You know what I did not realize until today, that :censored:ing Son of a Bitch Jerry Sandusky is out on a bail of $100,000. What :censored:ing idiot gave this guy bail. He should be rotting in a cell.

I hope that you also now realize that his preliminary hearing was moved from this week to December 7.

The State could want more people to come forward, or the defense requested more time and received it. However he is still out on bail (and still innocent until proven guilty by a jury of his peers, as horriffic as the charges are).

Before December 7, he could still:

1-Cop a plea, but still be open to any civil suit.

2-Commit suicide.

I am sure that conditions were put on bail. And if you are going to have a justice system, then you have to let it run it's course.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't think anybody likes that he's out on bail right now, but he'll get what's coming to him. I'm sure his bail release came with 24 hour surveillance and maybe an ankle monitor. It's not like he's out grabbing kids or something. I still feel chances are good he'll never see a courtroom, depending on how much evidence leaks before his court date. He already wished he was dead once, I don't think it would take much to provoke him at this point to finish the job.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Unfortunately I can't say I'm surprised to hear this, but apparently there was an overnight bomb threat for Beaver Stadium this morning. Campus police checked the stadium over twice and found nothing.

CCSLC signature.png

Before December 7, he could still:

1-Cop a plea, but still be open to any civil suit.

2-Commit suicide.

Exactly. And just like Paterno getting fired, Sandusky doesn't deserve to go out on his own terms. Sandusky is 67, so no matter how many counts he is convicted of, he will die in jail. So, it's either commit suicide now or go to jail where you will be subjected daily to brutal beatings and anal rapes until you die. I'd say there is a 50% chance he offs himself before the trial, and the only reason he wouldn't is if he is so filled with hubris that he thinks he will be acquitted on all charges.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Exactly, Admiral.

If anyone can say with a straight face that an accounting professor would be allowed to get away with child rape, or that the Accounting Department would engage in a decade-long coverup to protect a child rapist of its own, then it might be a legitimate comparison.

But that's sort of my point. It'd be ludicrous to get rid of a major at a university because of something like this, because of the awful actions of a select few...

I understand that there's a culture around big time college football and that it's much more high-profile than anything else at a school and that it is a HUGE money maker. However, would it be fair to the current players to punish them for something that none of them had anything to do with? Life isn't fair, I know, but why should some 20 year old kid be punished for something that happened when he was a 6th grader?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I understand that there's a culture around big time college football and that it's much more high-profile than anything else at a school and that it is a HUGE money maker. However, would it be fair to the current players to punish them for something that none of them had anything to do with? Life isn't fair, I know, but why should some 20 year old kid be punished for something that happened when he was a 6th grader?

Well, with USC on probation, aren't current USC players somehow being punished for the Reggie Bush booster imbroglio (I hesitate to call any traditional college football malfeasance a "scandal" for now), which was six or seven years ago when they too were in middle school? If you can't punish a football program for systematically concealing child rape so as to perpetuate a money-making machine, then no football program can ever be punished for anything.

Besides, if Penn State gets what's coming to them, then all players would surely be allowed to transfer without penalty, and they'll be free to continue plying their trade for free.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Exactly, Admiral.

If anyone can say with a straight face that an accounting professor would be allowed to get away with child rape, or that the Accounting Department would engage in a decade-long coverup to protect a child rapist of its own, then it might be a legitimate comparison.

But that's sort of my point. It'd be ludicrous to get rid of a major at a university because of something like this, because of the awful actions of a select few...

Majors are frequently dropped. But thiis isn't a major.

They can keep a Physical Education department without a football team.

The closer we get to this game, the less I feel like it should be played. The program needs a top-to-bottom enema of anyone associated with the Paterno regime, it doesn't feel like this is deserved, despite the collateral damage of the players losing out.

twitter

Well, with USC on probation, aren't current USC players somehow being punished for the Reggie Bush booster imbroglio (I hesitate to call any traditional college football malfeasance a "scandal" for now), which was six or seven years ago when they too were in middle school? If you can't punish a football program for systematically concealing child rape so as to perpetuate a money-making machine, then no football program can ever be punished for anything.

Besides, if Penn State gets what's coming to them, then all players would surely be allowed to transfer without penalty, and they'll be free to continue plying their trade for free.

That doesn't make it right that USC's players have to be penalized for something none of them did either, though again, I understand life isn't fair. That won't change anything about what ultimately becomes of football at PSU. What will happen will happen.

I've just always been someone who never likes to see people have to get hit with the consequences of something they were not responsible for, that's all. Again, I understand that something will come of this to the program be it today, tomorrow, or down the line.

If we were co-workers in an office of sorts and another co-worker was caught stealing a computer or something, and they decided to fire all of us for the actions of one, wouldn't that be egregious?

If we were co-workers in an office of sorts and another co-worker was caught stealing a computer or something, and they decided to fire all of us for the actions of one, wouldn't that be egregious?

Yes, but that's not really a good analogy. Maybe something more like everyone at Arthur Andersen going down with the ship because of Enron, which is also unfair, but understandable.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yes, but that's not really a good analogy. Maybe something more like everyone at Arthur Andersen going down with the ship because of Enron, which is also unfair, but understandable.

And its likely that anyone who knew that you somebody had been stealing computers would be fired as well.

Personally however, I am not a fan of the death penalty for this. Purge the Athletics Department of anyone with any involvement in the cover up and then move on.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I will also say, I grew up in north Jersey, we have Jets season tickets in the family since 6 years before I was born. Less than 24 hours after I was born my dad showed up to the hospital to say bye to my mom and I, and he was off to the Meadowlands for a Jets-Bears showdown. That kind of tells you how big the Jets (and NFL football) are to us as a family.

Point is, until I went to Penn State I never gave two craps about college football. After I graduated, I stopped caring all together. Out of sight, out of mind. However, I did tune in today just to see what was going to happen. Nobody protested the alma mater, the crowd seems respectful, and there seems to be some tempered enthusiasm about the game. Both teams joined at the 50 to pray pre-game, and once the ball kicked off, it seems like a normal Saturday in Happy Valley.

I just thought it was nice to see the school present itself in that light after everything that happened over the past 7 days is all. Happy Valley is the most awesome place to go to school for 4 years. This shouldn't have to change that.

Apparently...there is a group of former players who are trying to pool money together to pay Sandusky's legal fees.

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/penn-state-player-raising-money-jerry-sanduskys-legal-defense/98208

twitter

Archived