Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it true that the judge who set the bail and released Sandusky from bail was someone connected with the Second Mile Foundation, albeit a woman?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Is it true that the judge who set the bail and released Sandusky from bail was someone connected with the Second Mile Foundation, albeit a woman?

It is, though what her sex has to do with it escapes me somewhat.

Well, from reports it has been older MEN connected with the Second Mile Foundation when it comes to the purchasing of time/visits with young boys. No women have been implicated.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

It is, though what her sex has to do with it escapes me somewhat.

My follow up to Estone's first is why on earth was she not made to recuse herself from the case? I know it's not the whole actual trial, but what we she doing anywhere near this?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

What is typical bail / release terms in cases like this?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

From Ben Jones, writer from StateCollege.com who's been on the front lines for most of this thing:

You think the Sandusky story is mixed up already, just wait til somebody realizes McQueary used to live with Tom Bradley

I don't get it. What does it matter if McQueary lived with Bradley, unless "lived with" means "routinely cornholed". And even then, I don't see what that has to do with covering up for pedos.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's not immediately damning, but it further attests to the fact that all these relevant parties are so interconnected beyond being co-workers and so it's hard to believe that everyone was in the dark about what Sandusky was doing.

There was an article up at Grantland a few days ago from a guy who played little league with McQueary, one of Paterno's kids, and one of Sandusky's. McQueary's dad was the coach, I think.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Big Ten renames the Stagg-Paterno trophy to the Stagg trophy.

Fact or prediction?

Edit: NVM, looked it up.

I am surprised by the swift action of an otherwise silent B10

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Fact or prediction?

This action seems ridiculous. The trophy has everything to do with on the field accomplishments and nothing to do with off the field scandals. It's true what they say: A lifetime of good can't save you from a moment of bad.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Fact or prediction?

This action seems ridiculous. The trophy has everything to do with on the field accomplishments and nothing to do with off the field scandals. It's true what they say: A lifetime of good can't save you from a moment of bad.

But it wasn't a moment, it was over a decade of bad. He had the power to stop this for a long time and didn't.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Totally. Likewise, if you ignore the whole holocaust and starting a world war things, Hitler did a fantastic job turning around Germany's economy. He doesn't get enough recognition.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Fact or prediction?

But it wasn't a moment, it was over a decade of bad. He had the power to stop this for a long time and didn't.

Did he turn a blind eye? No, he did pass the information along up the chain of command. Could he, being so crucial to the system, have done more? Absolutely.

The problem I have is with how people just flip the "switch." One day he is the most iconic coach in college football and garners all this respect from Big10 officials; and the next he is not "worthy" of having his name grace the conference championship trophy. It is very sad all and all for everyone involved.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived