Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

Holy crap.

Dr. Triponey also wrote that Mr. Paterno believed that the school's code of conduct should not apply to any incidents that take place off campus?that those should be handled by police?and they shouldn't be allowed to affect anyone's status as a student.

"Coach Paterno would rather we NOT inform the public when a football player is found responsible for committing a serious violation of the law and/or our student code," she wrote, "despite any moral or legal obligation to do so."

Gosh, that sounds familiar.

Can we stop talking about Paterno being some symbol of high character now?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap.

Dr. Triponey also wrote that Mr. Paterno believed that the school's code of conduct should not apply to any incidents that take place off campus—that those should be handled by police—and they shouldn't be allowed to affect anyone's status as a student.

"Coach Paterno would rather we NOT inform the public when a football player is found responsible for committing a serious violation of the law and/or our student code," she wrote, "despite any moral or legal obligation to do so."

Gosh, that sounds familiar.

Can we stop talking about Paterno being some symbol of high character now?

Only douchebags were talking about Paterno being some symbol of high character at this point. I hope those douchebags FINALLY realize that Paterno is an awful person. They probably won't because they're a bunch of blind morons, but hey, one can hope.

I don't know what the protocal is, but if what's coming out about Joe Paterno is true, I would recommend a recall vote for his enshrinement in the college football Hall of Fame.

I don't they didn't do one with O.J. (I think they should) but just because it didn't happen in one case shouldn't stop it from happening here.

Without minimizing any of the crimes, there is a difference between the two - Paterno's scumbaggery was in the course of his college football duties, and OJ's weren't.

That makes Paterno's more relevant to his Hall of Fame induction.

I'll agree that both cases were different, but I feel the action is/was warranted in both cases assuming of course that what's coming out about Paterno is true.

If anyone out there is still putting Joe Paterno on a pedestal because he ran his program "the right way" and demanded a higher standard from his players than other college football coaches do, you can stop now.

To wit: Joe Paterno blackmailed university officials into leniency toward his players, and potentially influenced university staffing outside his department, by threatening to cut off his substantial fundraising pull.

Now, tell me that same man, simply passing on child rape allegations along the chain of command, was doing all he could do.

This is not a defense of Paterno, more an indictment of other college coaches, but isn't that how college football is run, pretty much? I mean if your talking of dumping Paterno from the college hall of fame, aren't you pretty much saying that any coach or athletic director should be expelled?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

This is not a defense of Paterno, more an indictment of other college coaches, but isn't that how college football is run, pretty much? I mean if your talking of dumping Paterno from the college hall of fame, aren't you pretty much saying that any coach or athletic director should be expelled?

If any other coach engaged in a decade-long coverup of a child rapist on his staff, then yes. He should be expelled from the Hall of Fame.

Alleged Sandusky "Victim One" bullied out of his high school

Sadly, who is surprised by this kind of behavior/mindset? God (or the universe or whatever), help us.

What a :censored:ing disgrace, any :censored: who teases this kid should volunteer to spend 1 hour alone with Jerry Sandusky, lets see if they laugh after that.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• 2 weeks later...

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Initial hearing was waived today, no witnesses will be heard for months. Team Sandusky came out with a savvy move, at least initially.

BELLEFONTE, Pa. -- Former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky pleaded not guilty to charges of child sexual abuse as he waived his preliminary hearing Tuesday, opting against forcing his accusers to make their claims in a packed courtroom for now.

But then he took his case to the courthouse steps as his lawyer assailed the credibility of the alleged victims and witnesses.

"There will be no plea negotiations," defense lawyer Joseph Amendola said. "This is a fight to the death."

Waiving such a preliminary hearing is not unusual, but it was unexpected in this case: Amendola repeatedly had said his client was looking forward to facing his accusers. Afterward, he called the cancellation a "tactical decision" to prevent the men from reiterating the same claims they made to the grand jury.

Sandusky remains under house arrest and electronic monitoring.

-espn

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The "inside job" continues...

Schultz's replacement as VP for Finance and Business is a Penn Stater.

From the story:

A Penn State University graduate with experience in higher education and budget issues has been named senior vice president for finance and business, succeeding Gary Schultz, the former administrator charged with perjury and failure to report child abuse in the Jerry Sandusky scandal.

Mr. Gray has been treasurer and senior vice president for administration, finance and technology at the University of Massachusetts for 11 years.

In his new role at Penn State he will oversee areas including the school police, human resources and endowment activities.

Archived