Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

How does that qualify as continuing the "inside job"? Your quote even says he'd been at UMass the last 10 years...:blink:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does that qualify as continuing the "inside job"? Your quote even says he'd been at UMass the last 10 years...:blink:

Because he's an alum. Granted only an alum would take some of these jobs at this point... :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Because he's an alum. Granted only an alum would take some of these jobs at this point... :rolleyes:

Awfully hard for Penn State to clean house when no outside candidates in their right mind will touch their athletic department with a 39-1/2-foot pole.

CCSLC signature.png

Awfully hard for Penn State to clean house when no outside candidates in their right mind will touch their athletic department with a 39-1/2-foot pole.

Oh, I'm sure some coach of a mid-major college that was below .500 would love to coach a major school like Penn State, regardless of its current reputation.

spacer.png

I don't think it's fair to claim that all alumni would be in thrall to Penn State's culture of corruption.

Not everybody who attends or graduates from a school wants to see it continue exactly as it has. Personally, I'd love to take a wrecking ball to one of my alma maters.

Another bombshell from Deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/5869502/detective-who-investigated-jerry-sandusky-in-1998-says-now+missing-da-never-said-why-he-didnt-file-charges

Detective Who Investigated Jerry Sandusky In 1998 Says "There Was Enough Evidence" To Press Charges

Dom Cosentino

As far as Ronald Schreffler is concerned, he did his job. Schreffler has worked for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security since 2006, but he spent 33 years with Penn State's university police. Thirteen years ago, he was working as a detective for the campus cops when a woman came forward with a complaint that Jerry Sandusky had showered with her son, a boy now known to the world as Victim 6, thanks to the original grand jury presentment. That complaint resulted in a nearly 100-page police report and allegedly an admission from Sandusky to the woman that he had acted inappropriately?an admission that was made with Schreffler and a detective from the State College police listening in, unknown to Sandusky.

But Ray Gricar, the then-Centre County District Attorney who has been missing since 2005 and who has been declared legally dead, declined to press charges. Not even Schreffler knows for sure why, according to a recent interview he gave to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "At the very minimum," Schreffler told the paper, "there was enough evidence for some charges."

Schreffler said he arranged both conversations the mother had with Sandusky at the woman's house. He and another detective were in another room not far away and could hear what was said. From the Post-Gazette:

During the second conversation, however, Mr. Sandusky's response changed, Mr. Schreffler said.

"I'll never forget this. He said 'I would ask for your forgiveness, but I know you won't give it to me. I wish I were dead.'"

Mr. Sandusky also told the woman, "'I understand I was wrong,'" Mr. Schreffler recounted.

"Hearing him make that comment, I just felt there was more there. He was upbeat when he came in, and she started hammering him. I often wonder what he would have done if I'd stepped out from around the corner.

"It's something we'll never know."

The grand jury presentment does say that Sandusky grabbed the boy by the waist in the shower and bear-hugged him. It also says Sandusky lathered him up and washed his back, and that he picked the boy up and put him under the showerhead to rise his hair. Joe Amendola, Sandusky's attorney, seized upon this to tell the Post-Gazette that "no sexual misconduct" had occurred. Amendola also pointed out that Sandusky had apologized and denied Sandusky said he wished he were dead. Amendola even repeated a claim he made earlier to the Patriot-News of Harrisburg about Victim 6 having dined last summer with Sandusky and Sandusky's wife, Dottie. Amendola also said Sandusky had sponsored a mission trip to Mexico for the boy after the 1998 allegation was made.

The Post-Gazette also interviewed Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. Lauro, too, said he did not believe the 1998 case involved abuse, saying it "didn't meet the criteria," which is why he didn't pursue the allegation further. Schreffler told the paper he believed the lack of action by Public Welfare was why Gricar decided not to prosecute. And, like so many other people, Schreffler can't help but wonder about that decision now.

At the end of the article, it links to this Pittsburgh Post-Gazette piece: Retired detective describes 1998 Sandusky investigation

spacer.png

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/19/sports/ncaafootball/penn-state-trustees-recall-decision-to-fire-paterno.html?pagewanted=2&_r=2&hp

NYT talked to the psu board about firing Paterno and that crazy November night. Fascinating (and long) article.

Shortly before 10 p.m., Fran Ganter, the associate athletic director for football, delivered an envelope to Paterno’s home, just off Penn State’s campus. Inside the envelope was a telephone number. Paterno called the number, and Garban answered. Then he passed the telephone to Surma, who was seated next to him. Surma asked if Paterno could hear him O.K. Paterno said that he could. Then Surma told Paterno of the trustees’ decision. “The board of trustees has determined effective immediately you are no longer the football coach,” Surma recalled saying.

Then he heard a click. Paterno hung up.

Surma and Garban sat at the table for a moment, numb. Then the telephone rang again. Surma answered. It was Paterno’s wife, Sue, who said, during a short conversation: “After 61 years, he deserved better.” Then she hung up on Surma.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Apparently his health is so bad with the pelvis issue and cancer that for the interviews he gave last week he was in a wheelchair and wearing a wig. Listening to his words sounds almost Raegan-esque at this point. Probably not much more time left for him, and I wonder how clear his memories of what happened and what he did (or more accurately didn't do) are.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/19/sports/ncaafootball/penn-state-trustees-recall-decision-to-fire-paterno.html?pagewanted=2&_r=2&hp

NYT talked to the psu board about firing Paterno and that crazy November night. Fascinating (and long) article.

Shortly before 10 p.m., Fran Ganter, the associate athletic director for football, delivered an envelope to Paterno?s home, just off Penn State?s campus. Inside the envelope was a telephone number. Paterno called the number, and Garban answered. Then he passed the telephone to Surma, who was seated next to him. Surma asked if Paterno could hear him O.K. Paterno said that he could. Then Surma told Paterno of the trustees? decision. ?The board of trustees has determined effective immediately you are no longer the football coach,? Surma recalled saying.

Surma and Garban sat at the table for a moment, numb. Then the telephone rang again. Surma answered. It was Paterno?s wife, Sue, who said, during a short conversation: ?After 61 years, he deserved better.? Then she hung up on Surma.

Classy family, right to the end.

I think they acted monstrously 10 years ago. Now, I'm not convinced the Paternos have total mental faculties.

I was about to say we should all lay off the Paternos for a while, but that lets Joe off too easy. Yeah, he lost his job and legacy, but there still haven't been any criminal penalties. Much as it sounds gross to lock a senile 85 year old in jail, he still needs to pay for his crimes.

Effin Penn State.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Shortly before 10 p.m., Fran Ganter, the associate athletic director for football, delivered an envelope to Paterno?s home, just off Penn State?s campus. Inside the envelope was a telephone number. Paterno called the number, and Garban answered. Then he passed the telephone to Surma, who was seated next to him. Surma asked if Paterno could hear him O.K. Paterno said that he could. Then Surma told Paterno of the trustees? decision. ?The board of trustees has determined effective immediately you are no longer the football coach,? Surma recalled saying.

Surma and Garban sat at the table for a moment, numb. Then the telephone rang again. Surma answered. It was Paterno?s wife, Sue, who said, during a short conversation: ?After 61 years, he deserved better.? Then she hung up on Surma.

If he didn't allow a child rapist to continue raping kids for a decade she'd be right.

If all Paterno gets out of this is being fired over the phone then he gets off way to easy. He should be thrown in jail.

Apparently his health is so bad with the pelvis issue and cancer that for the interviews he gave last week he was in a wheelchair and wearing a wig. Listening to his words sounds almost Raegan-esque at this point. Probably not much more time left for him, and I wonder how clear his memories of what happened and what he did (or more accurately didn't do) are.

Give the guy a break. He's never heard of "rape and a man."

:therock:

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Apparently, some inside Penn State's key administration knew of three previous Grand Jury investigations regarding Sandusky, but many within the Board of Trusteees say they had no idea. Link

"We were told in May of 2011, by Cynthia Baldwin, this was the fourth grand jury that was convened. The prior three led to no charges," trustee Mark Dambly said during a 20-minute interview with the Centre Daily Times at the Nittany Lion Inn.

Baldwin is the university's in-house counsel. She was with former athletic director Tim Curley and now retired administrator Gary Schultz when they testified in January 2011 before a grand jury investigating child sex abuse charges against the former defensive coordinator.

Other Trustees who were not a part of the NYT story are now talking.

• 3 weeks later...

Why is this man allowed to walk free

STATE COLLEGE - Prosecutors yesterday asked to have Jerry Sandusky kept indoors as part of his bail conditions, citing complaints that the former Penn State football assistant coach was seen outside and watching children in a schoolyard from the back porch of his home, where he is under house-arrest while awaiting trial on child-molestation charges.

The state Attorney General's Office argued in a court filing that Sandusky's bail conditions should be revised so that he is not allowed outside except to seek medical treatment. Prosecutors also oppose Sandusky's request to be allowed contact with his grandchildren.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-08/news/31038043_1_accusers-phone-numbers-house-arrest

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

ring.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

STATE COLLEGE - Prosecutors yesterday asked to have Jerry Sandusky kept indoors as part of his bail conditions, citing complaints that the former Penn State football assistant coach was seen outside and watching children in a schoolyard from the back porch of his home, where he is under house-arrest while awaiting trial on child-molestation charges.

The state Attorney General's Office argued in a court filing that Sandusky's bail conditions should be revised so that he is not allowed outside except to seek medical treatment. Prosecutors also oppose Sandusky's request to be allowed contact with his grandchildren.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-08/news/31038043_1_accusers-phone-numbers-house-arrest

He's hardly going to be 'walking free' if he is effectively under house arrest. And like it or not the guy still is entitled to a trial, and 'innocent until proven guilty' and all that.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived