Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

Why is this man allowed to walk free

STATE COLLEGE - Prosecutors yesterday asked to have Jerry Sandusky kept indoors as part of his bail conditions, citing complaints that the former Penn State football assistant coach was seen outside and watching children in a schoolyard from the back porch of his home, where he is under house-arrest while awaiting trial on child-molestation charges.

The state Attorney General's Office argued in a court filing that Sandusky's bail conditions should be revised so that he is not allowed outside except to seek medical treatment. Prosecutors also oppose Sandusky's request to be allowed contact with his grandchildren.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-08/news/31038043_1_accusers-phone-numbers-house-arrest

He's hardly going to be 'walking free' if he is effectively under house arrest. And like it or not the guy still is entitled to a trial, and 'innocent until proven guilty' and all that.

Not to pile on, but just can't stop rushing to the Sandusky defense can't you?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STATE COLLEGE - Prosecutors yesterday asked to have Jerry Sandusky kept indoors as part of his bail conditions, citing complaints that the former Penn State football assistant coach was seen outside and watching children in a schoolyard from the back porch of his home, where he is under house-arrest while awaiting trial on child-molestation charges.

The state Attorney General's Office argued in a court filing that Sandusky's bail conditions should be revised so that he is not allowed outside except to seek medical treatment. Prosecutors also oppose Sandusky's request to be allowed contact with his grandchildren.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-08/news/31038043_1_accusers-phone-numbers-house-arrest

He's hardly going to be 'walking free' if he is effectively under house arrest. And like it or not the guy still is entitled to a trial, and 'innocent until proven guilty' and all that.

Not to pile on, but I'm just gonna go ahead and pile on. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

http://articles.phil...rs-house-arrest

The only reason he isn't in jail right now is because he has 250K to put up in order to get out of jail. Most would be.

I also get innocent until proven guilty, but the evidence against him is damning. The only reason this is even going to trail in the first place is because the prosecution has refused to offer Sandusky any type of plea deal and him pleading guilty would land him in jail for the rest of his life. Unless multiple people with no way or reason to communicate with each other were all consipiring against Jerry Sandusky, he's guilty. This is not going to be one of those maybe he did and maybe he didn't trials, this is going to be a he did it trial and we are just having this trial to determine how long before he will have the chance to receieve parole if he ever has the chance to receive parole.

Its a joke he lives near a school too. His bail should be much higher, there is a high presumption of guilt in this matter and the bail should be at least 1 million

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Sandusky's lucky that outraged parents haven't stormed his house to finish the job.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I am not, nor have I ever on these boards, defended Sandusky. Respecting a man's civil rights is not the same as defending him against the charges that he will face in a court of law.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Its a joke he lives near a school too. His bail should be much higher, there is a high presumption of guilt in this matter and the bail should be at least 1 million

There is no such presumption in any legal case. I appreciate that there is compelling evidence that Sandusky should indeed be found guilty, but there is no legal presumption of guilt in any case.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

There is no such presumption in any legal case. I appreciate that there is compelling evidence that Sandusky should indeed be found guilty, but there is no legal presumption of guilt in any case.

When setting bail, you can presume if there is a high percentage of conviction.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well for a start, the 8th Amendment protects against excessive bail. So either you don't grant bail or you put stringent conditions on it. (Which is what has been done in this case, as I understand it.) As I understand it, actually its not a presumption of guilt, its whether or not the defendant is considered a high risk of either flight, or of posing a danger to the public. Now you could make a case for saying Sanduskey is a danger to the public, but I within the limits of his bail, which remember bans him even from contact with his grand children, I don't see that really coming into play here.

Also remember that any judgement on bail, and refusing it is risky in a trial situation, because it may lead a jury to presume guilt, and if it is judged that is the case, it would not be difficult for the court to rule a miss trial (which is surely not what anyone wants, if the case is such an open and shut case.)

So its not a presumption of guilt, its a weighing up of the risk to the public in setting bail.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

So apparently Sandusky is no longer wearing PSU gear, favoring instead to ...

ae3598d7ea83426d2ca3f818b957f945.jpg

wear Browns gear.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well for a start, the 8th Amendment protects against excessive bail. So either you don't grant bail or you put stringent conditions on it. (Which is what has been done in this case, as I understand it.) As I understand it, actually its not a presumption of guilt, its whether or not the defendant is considered a high risk of either flight, or of posing a danger to the public. Now you could make a case for saying Sanduskey is a danger to the public, but I within the limits of his bail, which remember bans him even from contact with his grand children, I don't see that really coming into play here.

Also remember that any judgement on bail, and refusing it is risky in a trial situation, because it may lead a jury to presume guilt, and if it is judged that is the case, it would not be difficult for the court to rule a miss trial (which is surely not what anyone wants, if the case is such an open and shut case.)

So its not a presumption of guilt, its a weighing up of the risk to the public in setting bail.

I thought you were Mr. Constitution, Tank? Saintsfan's right. Hooray for the Brit!

6fQjS3M.png

Aw dammit, another thread gets Clevejacked.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived