Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll wait for the Schultz and Curley trial this fall considering this little tid bit in the report:

The witnesses interviewed in this investigation, with few exceptions, were cooperative and forthright. Very few individuals declined to be interviewed, including some who declined on the advice of counsel (i.e., Sandusky, Schultz, Curley and former University outside legal counsel Wendell Courtney). At the request of the Pennsylvania Attorney General, the Special Investigative Counsel did not interview former Pennsylvania State University Director of Public Safety Thomas Harmon or former coach Michael McQueary, among others. Although the information these individuals could have provided would have been pertinent to the investigation, the findings contained in this report represent a fair, objective and comprehensive analysis of facts.

Hopefully those trials coming will shed some light as to what was actually said and discussed that a few e-mails just can't hold.

I'm also hoping and praying that those trials will produce some sort of thought or sympathy for the kids involved. I'm hoping this wasn't just about the 'brand' and just maybe a little more about the people in the area.

Joe Paterno's family has stated that there was no way he participated in any sort of cover-up to protect his program's reputation, rather that he was "fooled" by Jerry Sandusky. Still at Stage 1 of Kubler-Ross eight months in, I see.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just finished reading most of the report. Goodness that was terrible. Worse than I expected, really.

I just don't get the whole reaction here from Penn Staters. I am very close with one who just graduated...On twitter, I recently retweeted something about how Sandusky will now be doing his time, and other people needed to be held accountable. She blocked me. I found out through her boyfriend, who I am even closer with, that it was simply because I retweeted that. Between this, and the whole changing of the television stations, it's like even the students and faculty are learning from their idol Joe Pa and simply looking the other way.

There was a joke one of the commenters on Deadspin made that I really liked. On the story about the janitors not wanting to say anything and risk getting fired, the guy goes, "Well I can see why. They would be fired in a second, when you see how many other people at Penn State were also good at sweeping stuff under the rug" or something like that.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

Ridiculous. Acting like it didn't happen was what got you in this mess in the first place, Penn State.

And... Penn State's culture of corruption continues unabated.

What a bunch of Paternos. This is exactly why the school should get the death penalty.

I'm starting to come around on that idea too after reading the report. This might be the first time a team had no direct NCAA violations, yet should be punished to the maximum possible extent. The entire program was rotten to the core if they were willing to allow foul acts like this to go on for as long as they did. And when you consider Joe Paterno built much of that program, it makes even more sense to rip it all down along with his statutes, mural paintings, etc... The man wasn't even a man. He was a coward, more concerned with popularity than justice. And he wasn't alone by the looks of it.

Also that report about the student center TV's being changed, is unacceptable. It's just indicative of another reason the football program should be shut down. Too many people in that town have drunk the kool-aid for far too long and won't accept reality until something finally smacks them in the face. The end of PSU football would do that. It may be the only thing that can save the residents of Joe Valley from themselves and and the idealized Paterno they all still worship.

In elementary school, kids learn to look both ways before crossing the street. At Penn State, they only learn to look the other way.

I've heard better jokes from Tank. What you said is right though.

I thought it was a decent joke. I give it a C. It was entirely predictable, and he probably lifted it from somewhere else, but it was still better than 99.4% of Tank's "jokes."

BB52Big.jpg

Ridiculous. Acting like it didn't happen was what got you in this mess in the first place, Penn State.

What a bunch of Paternos. This is exactly why the school should get the death penalty.

I'm starting to come around on that idea too.

I spent 4 years at PSU. 24 hours a day 7 days a week they'd have CNN on there in the "Hub". Literally. OK, I think I saw the 2006 World Cup on there one time, but thats it.

So yeah I'm sure it just coincidentally changed to public access at the time the report came out...

Also I saw a report that PSU had their second highest amount of donations ever? Who the hell would give them money anymore? Why? So they could build 18 more unnecessary buildings and say LOOK AT US! Bite me.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

In elementary school, kids learn to look both ways before crossing the street. At Penn State, they only learn to look the other way.

I've heard better jokes from Tank. What you said is right though.

I thought it was a decent joke. I give it a C. It was entirely predictable, and he probably lifted it from somewhere else, but it was still better than 99.4% of Tank's "jokes."

The "looking the other way" was a given, but it was completely original.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This is all very unbelievable. Almost surreal. I never thought we would see such a cult-like following in reality. I appreciate the honesty and unbiased opinion from Meadowlanders above me, but unfortunately it seems very few Penn Staters feel the same way. I cannot even count the number of "BUT WHY IS EVERYONE BLAMING A DEFENSELESS OLD MAN IN JOE PA STILL?!" statuses on Facebook I have seen from these very PSU people I spoke of today. I cannot recall a more obvious time of a group of people having their head in the sand.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

I'm starting to come around on that idea too.

I spent 4 years at PSU. 24 hours a day 7 days a week they'd have CNN on there in the "Hub". Literally. OK, I think I saw the 2006 World Cup on there one time, but thats it.

So yeah I'm sure it just coincidentally changed to public access at the time the report came out...

Also I saw a report that PSU had their second highest amount of donations ever? Who the hell would give them money anymore? Why? So they could build 18 more unnecessary buildings and say LOOK AT US! Bite me.

It shouldn't surprise you. Visit a PSU message board. The apologists are already out in full force blaming it on the 1998 arrest and subsequent failed case, or for Freeh "jumping to conclusions" about what Paterno did, or.... You get the point. The excuse brigade is out in full force. I'm sure Happy Valley is no different today. Hell I've already had a friend of mine from that part of the world come on and start downplaying how bad it was... It's like watching cult members reactions to the truth.

Honestly, the death penalty would be justifiable here for Penn State football. Now that it's been established that JoePa DID know about and ignore the 1998 accusations, the program could be considered a repeat offender.

Actually it couldn't because of the NCAA's statute of limitations is shorter than that.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell

BREAKING: Nike is taking Joe Paterno?s name off its childcare center on the Nike campus.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Joe Paterno Child Care Center? How ironic.

What do you guys think are the odds nothing changes and the statute and stuff named after him all stays in Happy Valley?

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if the people that own businesses (like the college eateries) who have menu items named after him keep their stuff. The response they face from angry PSU cult members is worse than keeping his name there.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell

BREAKING: Nike is taking Joe Paterno?s name off its childcare center on the Nike campus.

Odd. Given Nike's practices in other countries I would have figured they would have wanted to ramp up their association with Paterno. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

CBSSports.com ‏@CBSSports

Penn State reportedly turned off TV coverage of the Freeh report in its student center. http://cbsprt.co/FreehTV

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I was reluctant to take this point of view... but I can't see any alternative at this point.

Penn State Football needs the Death Penalty...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

ncf_a_paterno_600.jpg

Penn State needs to knock this down immediately! JoePa was not an educator, coach, nor a humanitarian. He was an enabler, a coward and a fraud.

And those players running behind him, if done today, would turn and sprint the other way.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived