Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

The thing that bothers me the most about all of this is the student's reactions. Granted their a group of 18-21 year old kids who will take a stand for anything for attention, regardless it's pitiful. "Why are they doing this to us!?" "Way to punish the students!" Shut up. Your normal everyday student is unaffected by this, completely unaffected. There's still football to watch and still a college to go to. You're not being punished. The brainwashing that takes place in that area is incredibly unnerving.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does this put Eddie Robinson back on top of the all time wins list?

Robinson back atop the overall list, Bowden back atop the Division I list.

I wonder if any Florida State fans I know will have any fun with that. My guess is they, along with every other non-Joepalogist, only really care about the real issues at hand here.

Hopefully.

College Sports seem to be much worse than Professional sports for whatever reason and it doesn't end just with college football.

It's because they're taken to signify things bigger than the sport itself. The NBA is just basketball for the sake of basketball. A college football game seems to determine who has the hottest girls, wildest parties, and highest academic standards. Yes, all three at once; it's really quite something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wonder if any Florida State fans I know will have any fun with that. My guess is they, along with every other non-Joepalogist, only really care about the real issues at hand here.

This Florida State fan concurs. (And no, I won't have any fun with that.)

Interesting. Every Seminole fan I know is waaaaay too ecstatic about this. It's morbid.

The thing that bothers me the most about all of this is the student's reactions. Granted their a group of 18-21 year old kids who will take a stand for anything for attention, regardless it's pitiful. "Why are they doing this to us!?" "Way to punish the students!" Shut up. Your normal everyday student is unaffected by this, completely unaffected. There's still football to watch and still a college to go to. You're not being punished. The brainwashing that takes place in that area is incredibly unnerving.

It'd be no different if it was Bobby Bowden, or any other "legendary" coach at a storied program in a middle-of-nowhere town where the school is the only thing happening.

This just in: kids are dumb. Just read 75% of the posts on these boards.

I can understand being disappointed if one of the reasons you were excited about the school you went to is because of how much fun you had on Saturdays, and the sense of pride you felt when "your" team was on national TV (admiral is right - a good football team really does make people feel inherently superior physically, financially, intellectually, and visually, and all of a sudden means that your wang is bigger than the fan of whatever team just got beat.) Having that taken away is, in the grand scheme of things, nothing to cry about, but to an idiot kid who has no "real" problems in his life, it seems like a big deal. Kid or not, they should be smarter than to embarrass themselves publicly like they're doing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This Florida State fan concurs. (And no, I won't have any fun with that.)

Interesting. Every Seminole fan I know is waaaaay too ecstatic about this. It's morbid.

You sh/t me not?

I was trying to be fair and not use this kind of platform to trash Florida State fans, since that would've been a low thing for even me to do. I hope the 'Noles fans you speak of are the same small minority that the Joe-palogists represent within the Penn State fan base.

spacer.png

Another statement from the Paterno family:

Statement from Paterno family about NCAA sanctions

The statement issued by the family of Joe Paterno in response to the sanctions announced by the NCAA against Penn State:

___

Sexual abuse is reprehensible, especially when it involves children, and no one starting with Joe Paterno condones or minimizes it. The horrific acts committed by Jerry Sandusky shock the conscience of every decent human being. How Sandusky was able to get away with his crimes for so long has yet to be fully understood, despite the claims and assertions of the Freeh report.

The release of the Freeh report has triggered an avalanche of vitriol, condemnation and posthumous punishment on Joe Paterno. The NCAA has now become the latest party to accept the report as the final word on the Sandusky scandal. The sanctions announced by the NCAA today defame the legacy and contributions of a great coach and educator without any input from our family or those who knew him best.

http://bigstory.ap.o...overlay-context

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

The statement issued by the family of Joe Paterno in response to the sanctions announced by the NCAA against Penn State:

___

Sexual abuse is reprehensible, especially when it involves children, and no one starting with Joe Paterno condones or minimizes it. The horrific acts committed by Jerry Sandusky shock the conscience of every decent human being. How Sandusky was able to get away with his crimes for so long has yet to be fully understood, despite the claims and assertions of the Freeh report.

The release of the Freeh report has triggered an avalanche of vitriol, condemnation and posthumous punishment on Joe Paterno. The NCAA has now become the latest party to accept the report as the final word on the Sandusky scandal. The sanctions announced by the NCAA today defame the legacy and contributions of a great coach and educator without any input from our family or those who knew him best.

Sometimes it's just better to say nothing at all..... <_<

___

Sometimes it's just better to say nothing at all..... <_<

Yep. At one point I felt bad for and had sympathy for the Paterno family. Now, after all their unsolicited statements, not so much.

___

If Paterno's family is so sure the Freeh Report is "one man's opinion", loaded with lies to smear JoePa, what's stopping them from hiring their own independent investigator? I would looove to see what kind of "truths" the Paterno family could come up with.

The truth is the Paterno family is a joke. Eventhough they KNOW their father was a coward and a piece of sh-t human being, they are simply too "proud" to admit it and will swerve whatever allegations are thrown JoePa's way.

6uXNWAo.png

Well, it's official. They've adopted "The Freeh report is a pack of lies!" as the official family position.

What a bunch of Paternos.

Read "Black Shoe Diaries"...its the position of most Penn State fans, students and alumni.

A winner in this is the Indiana Hoosiers. They get a guaranteed win now pretty much every year against Penn State for the forseeable future!

I'll take that bet. And I'm willing to guess that rams80 would double-down on it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A winner in this is the Indiana Hoosiers. They get a guaranteed win now pretty much every year against Penn State for the forseeable future!

I'll take that bet. And I'm willing to guess that rams80 would double-down on it.

I have enough faith, probably undeserved, to back IU on this one.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well, it's official. They've adopted "The Freeh report is a pack of lies!" as the official family position.

What a bunch of Paternos.

Read "Black Shoe Diaries"...its the position of most Penn State fans, students and alumni.

are we sure?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/23/penn-state-lettermen-lash-out-at-n-c-a-a/?ref=sports

After listening to Dr. Mark Emmert?s press conference this morning, his assertion that a balance between academics and athletics (specifically Penn State Football) did not exist previously is baseless and intellectually dishonest. It is with great pride that the members of our Club know that we have done it the ?right way? for several decades and we will not allow Dr. Emmert?s careless remarks to tarnish the legacy of Penn State Football. The academic standards and the well-documented historic graduation rates at Penn State far exceed the standards set forth by his organization. This is simply one illustration of many over the past several months where the facts do not supersede those with an agenda.

The Penn State Football Letterman?s Club stands united with all current Penn State students, Penn State Alumni, and Penn State fans throughout the world as we remain proud of our University, our reputation, and our traditions. We will defend her honor and the institutions within that have made Penn State a world-class University. The world is soon to learn the true meaning and depth of the credo that defines us?. WE ARE?.. PENN STATE!!!!!

Stop with the "WE ARE" thing you guys

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Idiots.

The Penn State Football Letterman?s Club stands united with all current Penn State students, Penn State Alumni, and Penn State fans throughout the world as we remain proud of our University, our reputation, and our traditions. We will defend her honor

Then you should be leading the charge to remove Paterno's name from your university. He is the one who has sullied her honor.

And I'll bet whatever line rams80 does, as well.

Also, to the Paterno Family: the best thing to do when you're deep in a hole is to stop digging...and put the shovel down. Which I guess, in a roundabout way, is saying this: SHUT UP.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived